Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

So a little update on my situation bros..

I accepted the other job offer (more $ and design position which I wanted all along)

My start date is next monday but I have yet to notify the recruiter(who I am working for, not the company) but I'm just trying to make sure everything is good on the other end before I cut ties. I know it's kind of cutting it close, but the recruiter said I should at least give 5 days notice if I decide to leave, if not then it wouldn't be to big of a deal. My questions for you guys are:

1) How do I "quit" in a professional manner( I plan on being upfront with the recruiter and the managers at work)
2) Am I good to go with the other company? I have a start date, they sent me i-9 form but didn't say anything about drug or background test.

Congrats! .... You have to tender your resignation in writing as just a verbal 'dueces' leaves you exposed in some ways. It doesn't have to be verbose and should include your last day at the recruiters. I tend to start with an acknowledgment of the opportunity inherently in the position I'm leaving :

X company has been great company to work for and over my X amount of years I grown immensely professionally. Despite an enriching professional environment at this time I must tender my resignation effective X date.

Because X has been a great company to work for I am fully committed to making mysel available to any close out process and working with X to off board any projects currently open within my portfolio.

EDIT: things you want to talk about during the exit interview process or rather with your manager - any work product you get to keep, if you can have a standard written recomendation, who the should any notified in the future for work confirmation.

Last edited:
1. Sit down with  your manager or the recruiter and be honest with them. Yeah they may be upset that you bounced and they have to recruit someone else, but its the risk they take and at the end of the day its business.

2. Did you sign an offer? I would wait until they send you an offer and then I'd let the other job know. You probably dont have a drug test and background if they haven't told you about it.

Yes I signed an offer sheet and my start date is next week. Just want to make sure everything is good until i put my resignation in writing

1. Sit down with  your manager or the recruiter and be honest with them. Yeah they may be upset that you bounced and they have to recruit someone else, but its the risk they take and at the end of the day its business.

2. Did you sign an offer? I would wait until they send you an offer and then I'd let the other job know. You probably dont have a drug test and background if they haven't told you about it.
Yes I signed an offer sheet and my start date is next week. Just want to make sure everything is good until i put my resignation in writing
do your thing man. I'd probably officially resign sooner rather than later though. goodluck my g

Yea, talk to someone and hand in a formal resignation letter. That shows professionalism and courtesy. And congrats b. One u get comfortable in your new gig, start looking for freelance work. Keep yourself fresh and ready, trust no company

I just got on with AT&T not to long ago. The money is good fam. I wish you luck.

I had an interview with ATT also. How much is your average commission check? I have an offer with Verzion and weighing options.

Interview with Verizon Thursday. I feel good about it. I have experience in third party Verizon sales and with my current job, I've built a fairly good rapport with the managers of most of the Verizons in the city.

I hear the reps make mad loot, like 50k easy, up to 85 if you hustle. That's life changing for me.

To my Bros out there looking, stay positive and motivated. It's a job looking for a job.

Right now just enjoy the freedom. If you eating and not in the streets, be grateful.

I just got an offer letter with VZW. The salary seems low to me but people say your commission is what gets you in thst 50K range. I got fired from my girst job outta college after like 6 months due to them basically not needing the position anymore. **** that job tho, I commuted 4hrs combined to get there and back.

Edit: Just to let everyone know. Verizon has Day 1 tuition reimbursement and I believe its up to 8K a year. I plan on definately using that to take some online graduate courses at Univ. of Florida towards a certificate in web design. And then, study and take the GRE and obtain my masters in the field at UF.

Ive learned that Im not an office kinda guy. Too much *** kissin, fake laughing and unnatural envirinment. I do better in open creative places. Might even freelance on the side

Last edited:
welp got the rejection letter from a job that i interviewed for exactly a month ago. Sent a thank you note and wrote a email to check on my status and didn't get a response back, so i'm not shocked that i got a rejection letter. Just wish they communicated better about my status, but oh well. On to the next one

welp got the rejection letter from a job that i interviewed for exactly a month ago. Sent a thank you note and wrote a email to check on my status and didn't get a response back, so i'm not shocked that i got a rejection letter. Just wish they communicated better about my status, but oh well. On to the next one
Damn son, I interviewed two weeks ago today, sent a thank you note that following Monday. Was hoping a response by today since they told me they were trying to fill the position quickly. I guess I just got curved
mean.gif

On to the next
mean.gif

Damn son, I interviewed two weeks ago today, sent a thank you note that following Monday. Was hoping a response by today since they told me they were trying to fill the position quickly. I guess I just got curved :smh:

On to the next :smh:

Possibly....but not necessarily. My current job it took 1 month between me submitting my resume and getting called in for an interview. I was informed they wanted to move quickly and would let me know one way or another within 2 weeks ....almost 4 weeks I got the offer and it would take another 6-8 weeks of background checking and paperwork before I would start.

I know I asked this before but does any know of anyone that has worked for Sherwin Williams? The recruiter would like to set up a Skype interview with me on Monday but this assistance manager position seems like the same assistance manager postion they offer at Walgreens and target for recent grads.

I do want to do the interview for experience and to see what she is offering. At end of the day it would be a job to gain experience.

But really want to set up this interview in NYC. Will call the recruiter from that company later this week to see if they are still OK with my reschedule interview availability.

I know I asked this before but does any know of anyone that has worked for Sherwin Williams? The recruiter would like to set up a Skype interview with me on Monday but this assistance manager position seems like the same assistance manager postion they offer at Walgreens and target for recent grads.

I do want to do the interview for experience and to see what she is offering. At end of the day it would be a job to gain experience.

But really want to set up this interview in NYC. Will call the recruiter from that company later this week to see if they are still OK with my reschedule interview availability.

Sorry my dude I don't know anyone at SW.

Does it look bad to apply for two different jobs at the same company within a short time frame? Like in the same week.

Does it look bad to apply for two different jobs at the same company within a short time frame? Like in the same week.

Nah...but I am assuming it's a large for-profit company or of a similar ilk. Until you have an offer letter in hand your options are open and you should be looking, and sometimes that's within the same company.

Sorry my dude I don't know anyone at SW.
Yea I'm going to do the interview for practice and not accept the job. I can't do another retail job again.

Last edited:
Got a preliminary phone interview for an internship tomorrow lord knows I hope I get it because I'm tired of sherwin williams

^Didnt see it bro my bad I just post and leave
roll.gif
 but I'm trying to leave Sherwin for the second time that should tell you something. Unless you want your degree leaving you covered in paint and sweat at the end of the day I'd stay away from it. Store managers pull a minimum of 48 hours a week, assistant managers pull 44 minimum. I worked at a retail and commercial store if you're a manager or assistant and you get a huge order at the end of the day you best be prepared to stay. Only way to really get ahead is to suck up and that's tough because the DM in my district is a huge D Bag yells at all his store managers like it's all good. The AM position is just like the Walgreens they offer for recent grads I'd stay away.

Last edited:
Was unemployed for a year following graduation. Got my first PT gig making peanuts, but lord knows i was geeked when I got the offer seeing as how even interviews were hard to come by. That was 7 months ago, the opportunities to grow aren't there and I'm trying to move along but things are still moving at a snails pace. Any recommendations for blue collar FT jobs that pay ok? (Finance Background)

Back
Top Bottom