Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Damn b I wish could but imma be out of town. My bestfriend from hs is bout to propose to his girl and he wants me there to witness it, along with the rest of their family.

How long are you staying for? I will be back for a day and half and then I'm off to Cabo :pimp:
:lol: I'm doing something of the same thing for a NTer as my reason for coming out there. Just the weekend.

But ahhhhh once I land a job in DC I'll make a trip back to the bay(hopefully the hiring manager in NYC will respond back to my calls). Before the year is over I'll be back

Looking to go on vacay but it would require me taking a friday off. Just got a job offer and not sure of the time period i should give hr or my managers a heads up. Wish I would've asked during the interview but it just came up... i also would like to ask in person rather than email or phone. My question is, when should i ask the manager about this? My first day? My plan is to make it seem like I've payed for it and all that jazz in advance and can't refund it.

Looking to go on vacay but it would require me taking a friday off. Just got a job offer and not sure of the time period i should give hr or my managers a heads up. Wish I would've asked during the interview but it just came up... i also would like to ask in person rather than email or phone. My question is, when should i ask the manager about this? My first day? My plan is to make it seem like I've payed for it and all that jazz in advance and can't refund it.

I'm in the same boat, I have a couple trips left this summer and I'm just going to mention it on my first day.

I have several. I keep a word document of these things so you dont ever have to spend time writing them, especially in a situation where you have to write multiple.
Ms. _______,

Thank you for taking the time to speak to me today regarding the ___________t position. I learned a lot about what the position entails during our conversation, along with what skills are needed to succeed from you and am confident that I would be a great fit and quickly add value to your team.

I will be sure to keep in touch with any questions I may have and I look forward to hearing your decision

Thank you,

Mr. Krajcsovics,

Thank you for taking the time to speak to me today regarding the open position in the _________ department. I enjoyed our conversation and I am eager to gain more hands on __________ experience and obtain more in depth product knowledge through working your group. After our conversation, I am confident that I would be a great fit for your team and would be able to contribute very quickly after coming onboard.

I will be sure to keep in touch with any questions I may have and I look forward to the next steps.

Thank you,

Ms. ____________,

I just wanted to reach out and thank you for taking the time to interview me this morning. I enjoyed hearing about the growth of __________ in regards to becoming a more well rounded financial services firm and __________________. I am in agreement that it helps the company  __________________

I hope you have a fantastic weekend.

Thank you,

__________,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to speak with me about the __________ position at _________. After speaking with you and other _________ staff about the ____________skills required, I am more confident than ever that I am an ideal candidate. I truly believe my ___________ skills, ability to learn new procedures quickly and efficiently as well as my experience managing multiple projects would be an asset in this role.

I am very interested in the possibility of working at ___________ and look forward to hearing from you once the final decisions are made regarding this position. Please feel free to contact me by phone at any time if further information is needed at ___________.

Thank you again for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
Here's 4 of them. I color coded them so you know where one starts and one ends.

Good luck out there fam. @Swaggdaddy  
Hey I really appreciate the help!

250 million: the total people of working age in US
149 million: the total people in that population with a job.
101 million: w/o work

Yet Unemployment rate as of May 2015 =  5.5%
A) Americans are really stupid and gullible folk
or
B) We are really bad at simple math
nerd.gif

Background check is being performed I put 2012 instead of 2013 for my job history...should I worry

Good looks on them thank you letters.

Had my phone interview with Verizon today. Lady said she'd recommend me for the next phase, which is a face to face interview. Gonna schedule that next week, so hopefully that goes well. Looking to flourish and finally have full time work.

Went on a 2nd interview today and turned down the offer because once they really described the job and started talking $ I realized it was one of those shady "sales" companies. I was tight I wasted my time with them.

The unemployment rate isn't calculated based on the amount of people "of working age."

Do you have anything documented? Call corporate and explain the situation if you really wanted to move up in that job. Did they have documents that you had to sign implementing the new policies? If so, did you sign them when you came back?
I hate people on a power trip :smh:
What do you mean if I have anything documented? I honestly didn't really expect to move up in that job in the first place. It's just so happened that my work ethic payed off. I don't remember signing any papers with the new polices.

This is the first time I ever got fired from a job so I don't really know how the process works. I was fired last Wednesday and I took the week off to refresh my mind. But deep down I'm kind of depressed and my coping mechanism has been food. I've been eating more than I'm used to and I can feel myself gaining weight. I'm going crazy just staying home almost all day.
Apply for unemployment to hold you off until you find a new job. Apply like crazy. If your asked about it, just tell them the truth. That they hired new management and they wanted to go in a different direction.
how do I apply for unemployment?

I got fired for "job performance" and I had also gotten written up for job performance while I was there too. If they ask me about it do you think it will correlate with the fact that new management was brought in and they wanted to go in a different direction?

Just started at at&t not too long ago. With their acquisition of Directv, the company is hiring like crazy. If anyone is in the Chicago area looking for work I'd encourage you guys to go to the open house tomorrow. Information about the event is posted below...

Open House Hiring and Testing Event for Premises Technicians

If you're passionate about connecting people with the latest technology, take a look at our technician opportunities. Not to mention the amazing benefits, training programs and career potential we offer.

Join us at the Open House and Testing Event Saturday, August 1st, 2015 anytime between 9am - 3pm to learn more:

DoubleTree Hilton Arlington Heights
75 West Algonquin Road
Arlington Heights, IL 60005

The unemployment number only consist of the pool that applies for unemployment insurance. Once you age out of unemp ins you are no longer a part of the number or if you are underemployed you are not counted. I guess we are not bad with the math (persay) just clever (like a fox)....

Last edited:
Do you have anything documented? Call corporate and explain the situation if you really wanted to move up in that job. Did they have documents that you had to sign implementing the new policies? If so, did you sign them when you came back?
I hate people on a power trip :smh:
What do you mean if I have anything documented? I honestly didn't really expect to move up in that job in the first place. It's just so happened that my work ethic payed off. I don't remember signing any papers with the new polices.

Documentation as far as what has been going on when management changed. Writing down things that occured help most times, especially in regards to unemployment. If it has to escalate after they fight it (because they just may) they'll be caught lying and not be good for them.

Also, if they made changes to the policy, and you didn't sign agreeing to the policy changes, then that's a technicality. How can they bind you to a policy agreement that you never signed?

All of this is helpful when applying for unemployment. My wife's old job tried to shaft her about policies but she has written documentation where they told her something that was contrary to the policy and standards. Said that she quit but sent her letters stating that she was being terminated. After they found out she was fighting for unemployment, they tried to backtrack and say that she wasn't but it was too late.

Background check is being performed I put 2012 instead of 2013 for my job history...should I worry
I'm kind of in a similar boat... but accidently 

I hate people on a power trip
mean.gif

Honestly dude **** em. Why would you want to continue to work for these slobs? This is Gods way of telling you to move on broski. You'll be alright

I can't imagine whole foods contesting unemployment....I know I learned during grad school (for management) one reason for contesting firings by employers is the increase fee issued by state unemployment insurance providers. So if a company has a penchant for firing folks (a lot) the state will increase the amount they put in per employee to cover the increased draw down from the insurance pool. These pennies on the dollars matter to small and mid size companies but to whole foods not worth playing that game as any 'savings' is negligible.

Last edited:
Company lost the contract I'm working on and I'll be out of work soon. Bombed an interview for a job I really, really wanted and i feel like ****. Completely botched my intro and just felt the like the interviewer was going through the motions to get it over with.

Had another interview for a different job that went well. It pays less than my current gig but I cant be too mad at it. But I really wanted that first job man. ****

Last edited:
Company lost the contract I'm working on and I'll be out of work soon. Bombed an interview for a job I really, really wanted and i feel like ****. Completely botched my intro and just felt the like the interviewer was going through the motions to get it over with.

Had another interview for a different job that went well. It pays less than my current gig but I cant be too mad at it. But I really wanted that first job man. ****

Keep your head up. Don't fret about the lesser job, take it if the opportunity comes.. sometimes the best thing is to stay busy as opposed to being stagnant and having time to reflect on what you did wrong

Back
Top Bottom