Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Yep craigslist can be a legit trap for people to collect resumes and copy or even take your identity. It's best to email the
specific job with a letter of interest and see if they reply back. If they reply back with information about the company
then add resume and cover letter through the actual company website. I've pulled a legit job off craigslist but the
the specific company was in the job description.

I'm still grinding in D.C looking for something while a switch careers. I don't know how anybody could sent out
20 resumes a day, I don't even see 20 job I'm interested in a day. If were talking any type of jobs I guess that's
possible. But gigs with long term benefits and legit pay, that's pretty difficult for me.

Yep craigslist can be a legit trap for people to collect resumes and copy or even take your identity. It's best to email the
specific job with a letter of interest and see if they reply back. If they reply back with information about the company
then add resume and cover letter through the actual company website. I've pulled a legit job off craigslist but the
the specific company was in the job description

Good points. Found my current job on CL also for the same reason of the company name being listed, and one I found this morning has the company listed but like I said, no actual option to apply. Already e-mailed them as a basic inquiry, hopefully they reply.

350 is still a lot bro... mine was less than a 100 and it included a cover letter... i would give you the website but they shut down for whatever reason...they wrote a pretty good resume for me too and i got some really good jobs from it...let me know if you want the sample... all you have to do is put your experience down but use my template

Yall spending $700 for resume help? Where dey do dat at? Better off using a career center at a college and if you're not in school it shouldn't be hard for you to find someone to take it in for you. On top of that, I'm pretty sure you guys know somebody in the corporate world that could sit down with you and help you out a little and you'll get to learn at the same time.

Randomly checking Craigslist this morning and noticed every listing I've clicked into doesn't give the option to actually apply to the job.

Is there a glitch or am I missing something?
I would be very careful with Craigslist. People tend to post jobs listings for jobs they themselves are seeking in order to get resumes and/or see the competition.

CL charges like $75 to put a job up. I feel like it would be easier getting resumes from other sites, without having people send it to you.

Yall spending $700 for resume help? Where dey do dat at? Better off using a career center at a college and if you're not in school it shouldn't be hard for you to find someone to take it in for you. On top of that, I'm pretty sure you guys know somebody in the corporate world that could sit down with you and help you out a little and you'll get to learn at the same time.
lol ... The amount of stuff I have done and have experience, is extensive. I really don't know how to tailor the resume to cut the fat and leave the meat.

I'm not confident in my writing abilities either for the type of jobs I'm seeking. Maybe I'm over looking things, but it's a route that I have contemplated.

For example sending 20 resumes and not getting a call back is not ideal for me.

I rather send a resume that is strong enough that I would at least get a job interview.

Last edited:
Im movin up to virginia in a couple months, any body got any good kob leads that they can give me? DO ANY of yall stay in the Dmv area.

Just got a gig as a counselor at job corps. Anybody in here work there or used their services? Been on a 3-4 month break from employment and ready to get back on the field to help empower others.

lol ... The amount of stuff I have done and have experience, is extensive. I really don't know how to tailor the resume to cut the fat and leave the meat.

I'm not confident in my writing abilities either for the type of jobs I'm seeking. Maybe I'm over looking things, but it's a route that I have contemplated.

I rather send a resume that is strong enough that I would at least get a job interview.

Man I hear you but there is so much info on the web you can't use not knowing how to do that as an excuse. As for "sending 20 resumes and not getting a call back is not ideal for me" that's not ideal for anyone :lol: but it happens regardless of what's on your resume, that's just part of the game. There's no guarantee that those expensive services are going to get an interview either. Resumes aren't really rocket science and there's no magic formula but it can take a lil practice and patience to get them right (with or without services), you just have to apply the time and you'll be ok fam. One thing I will suggest is using the job discriptions as a outline to piece your work history together so there's not a bunch of fluff, you'll have time during the interviews to elaborate on all of the meat and potatos.

What sites yall guys using? Glassdoor, indeed, cb, usajobs, and monster? Is it something I'm missing?

Even with a 700$ resume you're going to go through that. The most qualified person in the world can apply to a job and get a rejection letter. That's just how it goes.

Last edited:
What sites yall guys using? Glassdoor, indeed, cb, usajobs, and monster? Is it something I'm missing?

Given my industry (nonprofit/social venture sector) I usually go with idealist and honestly I've found most of my jobs since being in the city (NYC) thru the site.

Last edited:
If you live in San Diego, I may be able to plug you in to a company whose stock went from $40 to $90+ a share since January. Any of the following fields with solid experience, PM me. I'll tell you more AFTER I see your resume.

Research and Development Engineering
Manufacturing
Regulatory
Clinical
QA
Finance
Sales
Marketing
Customer Service
Technical Support
Human Resources
Legal / Intellectual Property
Administrative Support

Dice.com if you're in the IT field. Site is kinda meh which is ironic due to the potential employees it caters to but it's coo.

Indeed also, and LinkedIn

Received an offer from a job a week ago. Took my drug test and consented to a background check. I am supposed to start Monday but haven't gotten a call or email about my first day or anything. Should I be worried? Tried calling and email today but no response (yet).

Received an offer from a job a week ago. Took my drug test and consented to a background check. I am supposed to start Monday but haven't gotten a call or email about my first day or anything. Should I be worried? Tried calling and email today but no response (yet).

The offer letter confirms your starting day and that's the day they're expecting you. In my past experience, if you receive a call it's either about your drug screen and/or background check results. Otherwise, you should be good to go and congrats on the gig.

Last edited:

The offer letter confirms your starting day and that's the day they're expecting you. In my past experience, if you receive a call it's either about your drug screen and/or background check results. Otherwise, you should be good to go and congrats on the gig.
yeah but they told me they'd send me an email about my first day though. **** is stressful b

I would give them until the afternoon or so then commence to finding out what's really going on. They're human, they can forget just like we do. I'm sure you should be still good to go for your first day.

Applied for a part-time gig at K-Mart. I need the extra money since I can't find a gig w/ a decent salary. Sucks that I gotta spread myself thin in order to keep my head above water. I'd expect it if I wasn't trying to better myself and what not but this is just sad all the way around. One thing I do know, once I learn this JavaScript and a C language it's on.

Back
Top Bottom