Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

That's not gonna go well man. They're not even going to consider you, and word will get back to your current team that you're trying to move.

That's not gonna go well man. They're not even going to consider you, and word will get back to your current team that you're trying to move.
And then they'll low-key find a reason to fire you. I'm gonna guess you have an "at will" clause in your contract.

Don't goof up, @TheKid3456. Keep your mouth shut and look for outside opportunities when you're not at work.

Only way jIsee that working is if you're a temp. At my old job a guy who started as a temp changed teams within a month because he went for a permanent role. Everyone understood and there weren't any problems

Got me a little security door-man job just so i can save up for my IT certifications.
The way I see it, being employed >

Each step you make has to improve your current situation. Keep climbing and pushing. There always has to be a sight / goal in mind.

I would like to start reaching out to recruiters on LinkedIn after applying for jobs, but the thing is that I'm not sure of what to say to them. Anyone with tips or possibly a email template?

I would like to start reaching out to recruiters on LinkedIn after applying for jobs, but the thing is that I'm not sure of what to say to them. Anyone with tips or possibly a email template?

from hearsay some of these recruiters are just trying to hit #’s so be careful.

can you explain more about hitting #'s?

They have quote’s to hit bro just like a ticket cop, but this is from a new yorker. i’ve gone through multiple experiences where recruiters just need a “Body” to fill a job, and make their organizations or agency look good for their bosses and investors.

I've had a decent experience with recruiters. They've gotten me a fair deal of interviews.

Sure they're out there mainly trying to help themselves by placing you, but you get something out of it as well.

Question for a friend since I am not aware of this...

He had an interview with a private engineering firm. This is now his last and final 4th interview with the CEO he said. During his 3rd interview he said they asked him for his last salary and what he was looking to get on this job and they asked if he could scan in his last paystubs

I have never experienced that during any of my interviews :lol:. I didnt even know that was allowed...What should he do?

Question for a friend since I am not aware of this...

He had an interview with a private engineering firm. This is now his last and final 4th interview with the CEO he said. During his 3rd interview he said they asked him for his last salary and what he was looking to get on this job and they asked if he could scan in his last paystubs

I have never experienced that during any of my interviews :lol:. I didnt even know that was allowed...What should he do?
This happened to me all the time, it's a legitimate request. He just needs to hand them over. Go save PDFs of his paycheck from the company login. If he lied about his salary on the application then it's probably over for him.

The point of it is to make sure he isn't lying about his current salary. I've had companies request my high school GPA and my SAT scores and I'm 26

Last edited:
This happened to me all the time, it's a legitimate request. He just needs to hand them over. Go save PDFs of his paycheck from the company login. If he lied about his salary on the application then it's probably over for him.

The point of it is to make sure he isn't lying about his current salary. I've had companies request my high school GPA and my SAT scores and I'm 26

Thats what he was thinking also but at the same time I was like they are probably trying to undercut him on he should be paid and compensated for. Given this is his 3rd interview that is.

He's probably going to hand em over or make copies but im pretty sure he's going to be stern if they send him an offer for all that trouble.

Yeah it works both ways sadly.

When it happened to me the last time I actually didnt get a lowball offer, at least I dont think so. I'm sure it wasnt at the top of the salary range for the role, but was still good money IMO.

Thats a good look they didnt lowball you and you came out on top. My guy said in the last 2 interviews they have been gaming him. He has another offer pending so he is going to work it in his favor or so and see if they match

Holidays are a little tough this year. First time not having a job on Christmas since 2008. Hoping the new year brings some economic growth and job vacancies.

Aside from background checks (ie. criminal history) are employers really checking for financial history as well?!?! Feel free to comment.

Aside from background checks (ie. criminal history) are employers really checking for financial history as well?!?! Feel free to comment.

Wanna double up on this and ask if employers are checking really hard at how long you spent at your previous jobs. Like if you add on 5 months to your last job, are they really looking? :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom