Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Man I just want to say shoutout to this thread, For the continuous help and support! This thread has the to be the most valuable underrated thread on NT. I been trying to get at this one company for over 2 years and finally got offered the job doubling my salary!!! I'm about to go in here and work my *** off!!!! When people say in here "Keep grinding, don't give up, keep putting in them apps!" they are telling you the truth, DON'T GIVE UP!!!!!!
Congrats my guy

Congrats Swagdaddy! It really is about persistence.

So one interview I had last week was for a Site Manager position. When I get to the interview the HR person and another Site Manager are interviewing me for a Supervisor position. So I ask them why the switch and they give me the "we like to bring people in, let them learn and then grow". Now this is a great philosophy and if it works for your company then great. But that's not what I applied for, and I have almost 10 years experience and a MBA. I completed the interview but felt kind of misled and upset during the interview. Doubt I will take it if offered.

Congrats my guy
Congrats Swagdaddy! It really is about persistence.

So one interview I had last week was for a Site Manager position. When I get to the interview the HR person and another Site Manager are interviewing me for a Supervisor position. So I ask them why the switch and they give me the "we like to bring people in, let them learn and then grow". Now this is a great philosophy and if it works for your company then great. But that's not what I applied for, and I have almost 10 years experience and a MBA. I completed the interview but felt kind of misled and upset during the interview. Doubt I will take it if offered.
 Thanks!

Tell me how I had a phone feeler, followed by an in-person interview, and then a meeting with the COO two days later and after she directly told me "We'll be in touch over the next few days"... it's been a week and no replies :frown: :frown: . I reached out this morning with a follow up email and I'm so tempted to call but I think at that point I should leave it be. Thoughts? Just sucky because all three phases went well. In fact, the COO had said the team liked me and wanted me to meet her before she left on maternity leave. So you can understand why I'm frustrated not even getting a "Sorry we went another direction" email, if that's the case.

I want to trust that "Over the next few days" truly means they needed some time, but I'm getting the vibe they won't be reaching out.

No sooner did I post ^ did I receive an reply a minute ago. Unfortunately the job was offered to someone else, but they appreciate my energy and believe I could still be a great member of their team in the future if they hold onto my resume.

Is that more or less a b.s. response? I'll gladly let them hold onto it in either case.

Last edited:
Tell me how I had a phone feeler, followed by an in-person interview, and then a meeting with the COO two days later and after she directly told me "We'll be in touch over the next few days"... it's been a week and no replies :frown: :frown: . I reached out this morning with a follow up email and I'm so tempted to call but I think at that point I should leave it be. Thoughts? Just sucky because all three phases went well. In fact, the COO had said the team liked me and wanted me to meet her before she left on maternity leave. So you can understand why I'm frustrated not even getting a "Sorry we went another direction" email, if that's the case.

I want to trust that "Over the next few days" truly means they needed some time, but I'm getting the vibe they won't be reaching out.

No sooner did I post ^ did I receive an reply a minute ago. Unfortunately the job was offered to someone else, but they appreciate my energy and believe I could still be a great member of their team in the future if they hold onto my resume.

Is that more or less a b.s. response? I'll gladly let them hold onto it in either case.

it usually is B.S., although my dad and I were called years later for jobs that we initially didn't get.

Snagged another in- person interview at big tech in menlo park last week. Just got feedback / rejection today with them telling me that I'm in a weird grey zone with what their looking for. Too experienced for the role I applied and interviewed for but not enough experience for the scaled up version.

L

Hey at least I corrected my non-verbal cues from last time and killed the interview...I guess

Snagged another in- person interview at big tech in menlo park last week. Just got feedback / rejection today with them telling me that I'm in a weird grey zone with what their looking for. Too experienced for the role I applied and interviewed for but not enough experience for the scaled up version.

L

Hey at least I corrected my non-verbal cues from last time and killed the interview...I guess
Nobody said it was gonna be easy.

But you're improving, so that's a W the way I see it.

Been out of work for a few months.

I'm looking to apply to a social media coordinator position with a sports team. What are some skills to highlight on my resume when tailoring it to the position?

I know I would kill the job, I just don't have experience in the same type of position, but I do believe I have a lot of transferable skills.

Last edited:

Been out of work for a few months.

I'm looking to apply to a social media coordinator position with a sports team. What are some skills to highlight on my resume when tailoring it to the position?

I know I would kill the job, I just don't have experience in the same type of position, but I do believe I have a lot of transferable skills.
Highlight multi tasking, and customer service. Companies put their best customer service employees in their social media departments due to both the visibility and the quantity of complaints. Hope that helps.

Need some advice on that same Social Media job I've been tailoring my resume to. This could be OD and extra cringeworthy, but would it be okay to add the logos of the platforms the company is looking for their candidates to be adept at?

Or just doing the conventional way? Just figured it might stick out to the recruiters. 

Goodluck on that interview fam

I got one in the city on Tuesday and another employer had emailed me Friday. So I hope I can get something

Need some advice on that same Social Media job I've been tailoring my resume to. This could be OD and extra cringeworthy, but would it be okay to add the logos of the platforms the company is looking for their candidates to be adept at?

Or just doing the conventional way? Just figured it might stick out to the recruiters. 
I would keep two copies and try them both out. It looks really nice, but I'm more inclined to tell you to go with the plain one.

So the interview I went on and the Director told me they would reach out the following week mid to later in the week. I hadn't heard anything so I called last Thursday and talked to him in person. He said "we have not made a final decision but we should have something by end of day tomorrow. I'll call you or shoot you an email and see what's a good time to talk." Don't know if he was blowing smoke just to get me off the phone, but I still haven't heard anything from them. I really would like this position, but seems like it's not looking good.

I feel exactly what your saying. My point on the matter is you have nothing to lose just follow up again. I read your post and followed up again with the recruiter. Go for what you want!!!!

Had a little phone interview today. Lady was real cool. Told her my desired salary and she said why am I under selling myself?

Im 25. Graduated college last year. I said 25k for salary. I didn't know that was low?

But anyways she's gonna give me a call back for an interview

25k sounds low, but it depends on your area, along with your experience.

What positions are you looking at? Look into the average rate or starting rate of a position if you are ever unsure.

EDIT: And good point from BlackIntellect. I would say if you are expecting something under 35K or 40K, go with an hourly rate.

Last edited:
Had a little phone interview today. Lady was real cool. Told her my desired salary and she said why am I under selling myself?

Im 25. Graduated college last year. I said 25k for salary. I didn't know that was low?

At that rate, you don't want a salary. You def want hourly.

Im looking for a graphic design position. I'm in the NYC area as well. According to indeed hourly rate for a junior graphic designer is around 17 to 25

Im looking for a graphic design position. I'm in the NYC area as well. According to indeed hourly rate for a junior graphic designer is around 17 to 25
If you have no experience, go on the low end. Which is still a lot more than 25k.

25k is intern money. I know every field is different but I can't see a job that requires a bachelors in Nyc not demanding at least 40k.

Why you playing yourself, b?

I know 23yo secretaries who make $45k.

Last edited:
Tomorrow on my interview if they bring it up. Should I say that Ive looked into it and 25k is really low for me in my position and that I am interested in getting $xxx amount?

Back
Top Bottom