Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Regarding thank you emails- I went to an interview and the two guys I talked to didn't give me a card because they didn't have it
However the format for emails is just their name @ company.con so should I send a thank you note anyway?

Regarding thank you emails- I went to an interview and the two guys I talked to didn't give me a card because they didn't have it
However the format for emails is just their name @ company.con so should I send a thank you note anyway?
Yup. You can always call reception to verify, and if you're feeling really good about it, send a postcard instead. They'll appreciate the fact that it was something handwritten.

bout damn time
nerd.gif

Need a new job BAD. Bachelor's Degree hasn't done **** for me since graduating in 2008. Can barely cover all my bills. Working two dead end jobs and another job that goes with my degree but pays pennies. 3 jobs just to struggle :smh:

I even expanded my search to include the west coast. I'm approaching desperation mode though.

What would you dudes do in my position?

Yup. You can always call reception to verify, and if you're feeling really good about it, send a postcard instead. They'll appreciate the fact that it was something handwritten.
Thanks, just sent an email.
Hopefully i get the internship. One of them told me it was an immediate hire since their intern was leaving and another told me that the hr person who set up the interview will contact me

Yall should check this out if your looking for a job.

http://bit.ly/AfterHrsNetworking

She has a lot of good material. I might be a little biased but I've seen her help my friends and family personally, so i cannot argue with the results.

She basically got me right to land an accounting job at Big 4 firm

Investing in yourself is investing in your career.

Feel free to PM me for more info or any questions

Recently started studying to take the CompTia A+ exams.

This could come in handy: http://www.professormesser.com/free-a-plus-training/free-a-plus/

Already been on it bro :lol:, he is definitely official and is clutch w/ the free videos covering everything. I also found a bunch of study guides for the 801 and 802 exams via torrent so I saved some money there.

For any of u who are interested, this is a decent route to go if you're into IT in any way. I'm a real lightweight when it comes to coding/scripting/programming/etc. but not oblivious to it. I was studying for the LSAT and something kept telling me to chill and do this instead. Figure I'll get some certs and self-learn other things like Java, Javascript, PHP, Python, etc. and just try and get into the IT field since that's where the high demand is right now. I learn C++ and Objective C later.

Edit: Does anyone know of anybody who has had success with getting a job in another state? I want to relocate to NC since Pittsburgh has nothing goin for itself (last in the region in job growth).

Last edited:
Any advice on going back to apply at a company you have previously worked for? I worked there summer of 2011 and left them myself due to a scheduling conflict. Well technically I was let go by my manager after I told them about the conflict. She was kinda pissed off. But I'm done school now and want to go back there and work full time, in a different department or the same one. I left on a good note with the HR lady, like I called her back at the time and she was really happy about it etc. I'm planning on just going back to apply with my resume all updated and stating I worked there before. 

Any advice on going back to apply at a company you have previously worked for? I worked there summer of 2011 and left them myself due to a scheduling conflict. Well technically I was let go by my manager after I told them about the conflict. She was kinda pissed off. But I'm done school now and want to go back there and work full time, in a different department or the same one. I left on a good note with the HR lady, like I called her back at the time and she was really happy about it etc. I'm planning on just going back to apply with my resume all updated and stating I worked there before. 

Go for it man. Even if it's temporary, something is better than nothing most of the time. When u got responsibilities, sometimes u gotta put pride and ego to the side, that's something I've been learning a lot about lately

My guys that are going for their A+ or other certs, check out getcertified4less.com they are a little cheaper and legit. Gonna take the 702 next week, and right now they have an early expiration for either of the A+ tests for $23 off for a voucher that expires on Sept. 15. Also they send you some study guides when you buy the vouchers.

Anybody in procurement or a supply chain position??? How do you get in the door??? What credentials or qualifications do I need??? Help please!!!!

I went back to my old job just recently. It was something I didn't want to do; however, I'm glad I did.

First, I'm making money again.. I get paid next week. Second, they're starting me off doing different duties at a slower pace (lower expectations)... it'll pick up eventually.

And lastly, everyone (managers, coworkers, etc) are very happy to see me back... a lot of folks didn't want me to leave in the first place since I'm the chillest dude in my dept.

The novelty of me being back will probably wear off by the end of the month and I'll be a regular joe again but it is what it is.  Also, I got an increase in pay.

If theres an opportunity for you to go back.. I would do it.  Fix up your resume and just hit them back up... ask about their rehire policy.

Thinking about taking a course and possibly enrolling in a program to get my Masters. Is it possible to just sign up for one class without going through the whole application process?

Last edited:
Thinking about taking a course and possibly enrolling in a program to get my Masters. Is it possible to just sign up for one class without going through the whole application process?

At my school(university of california) we had something called the extension program, you could take pretty much any class at the school for a fee, like 1k per 4 units. If you officially enroll in the school later, the units count.

At my school(university of california) we had something called the extension program, you could take pretty much any class at the school for a fee, like 1k per 4 units. If you officially enroll in the school later, the units count.

Thanks. Need to look into this in my state (MA).

No offense to posters this thread... But y'all keep me motivated to graduate with a phenomenal GPA.

Some of the situations in this thread [emoji]128552[/emoji]

Your GPA has nothing to do with whether you'll find a job or not. Most employers do not factor in GPA when hiring someone. If you're not in Finance, your GPA is pretty much irrelevant. Its skill set and experience. There are people in this thread who did great in school and some had in demand degrees that couldn't find work. Its what your market currently has to offer.

No offense to posters this thread... But y'all keep me motivated to graduate with a phenomenal GPA.

Some of the situations in this thread [emoji]128552[/emoji]

Humble yourself, chief.

You could be in the some position I was (unemployed for damn near a year after graduation) and a lot of people in this thread. I graduated with honors, held down 4 internships in school, worked part time, and did a gang of other ****. Still didn't get a full time job until April. Also, network and make contacts in your field and in your personal life.

My guys that are going for their A+ or other certs, check out getcertified4less.com they are a little cheaper and legit. Gonna take the 702 next week, and right now they have an early expiration for either of the A+ tests for $23 off for a voucher that expires on Sept. 15. Also they send you some study guides when you buy the vouchers.

Might want to look into the 220-801/802 exams. The 701 and 702 retire in 5 days

You should be thinking "graduate with a great GPA AND have concrete plans lined up and solid networking while in school"

Back
Top Bottom