Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

I told him to go to HR and tell them, but it seems i might have to callin and do it my self.
Just ask for a status update. If he didn't tell them that you had a referral in him then he blew it. Doesn't make sense for you to tell HR that you're his brother. That was his job.

During the interview, when they ask if this is the only position your looking to work at, is there a right/wrong answer for this?

I told them that I applied to a couple of other places but that they were the first to get back to me, which was the truth. But would it have been better to say, this is the only one I applied to so that they will know that you will take the job if offered?

Nters, when a potential employer contacts you to schedule an interview does it make a better impression to choose the earliest time available? I got a call short notice and I'll have to get to a few cities over(couple hour drive). I ended up picking a middle spot due to that...should I have chosen otherwise?

Nters, when a potential employer contacts you to schedule an interview does it make a better impression to choose the earliest time available? I got a call short notice and I'll have to get to a few cities over(couple hour drive). I ended up picking a middle spot due to that...should I have chosen otherwise?
Always pick the time that works best for you...if you can get there early thats even better, but the worst thing to do is to pick a time and you stressin to make it, come late or miss that time...

During the interview, when they ask if this is the only position your looking to work at, is there a right/wrong answer for this?

I told them that I applied to a couple of other places but that they were the first to get back to me, which was the truth. But would it have been better to say, this is the only one I applied to so that they will know that you will take the job if offered?
I usually say that im looking at a couple other jobs, but the one you are at the interview for is the primary target...that answer lets the company know that you have options and are a desirable candidate to other companies..but at the same time you r still interested in that job and will seriously consider it if offered

What kind of sports store? Like a ****'s Sporting Goods? You'll need to know how to sell, basic math, and knowing about sporting equipment wouldn't hurt
yes..Sports Chek.....i know math...what u mean learn how to sell?

I love sports with a passion, but I applied to a couple of skiing position and i think that might be what the call was about 
embarassed.gif
 i don't know ish about winter sports...except Hockey. 

Just got a call back from the guys at the shipbuilding position. I go for a pre employment test on the 20th, if I pass I'll probably get an interview. Oops an d BTW my brother the call from his phone and gave me the number, so I guess he did throw ya bone whhooot!

Didn't get it. If I didn't contact the agency to find out what's going on, I'd have never found out. Its ********. All it takes is five minutes to draft an e-mail and say that we're moving forward with another candidate. Don't waste my time in having me interview if I didn't have the skill set you were looking for. I swear to God, if I had any type of evil in me I'd be putting guns to people's backs because that's where I am right now. I needed this.

Damn man, I was rooting for you on that one.

I know you've heard it all and it probably won't make a difference, but just keep at it. Keep swimming, keep moving your arms, keep trying... you'll get there eventually.

Just got a call back from the guys at the shipbuilding position. I go for a pre employment test on the 20th, if I pass I'll probably get an interview. Oops an d BTW my brother the call from his phone and gave me the number, so I guess he did throw ya bone whhooot!
That sounds like a good job man.

And now I sing my swan song to this thread.

I've been trying to get on with LACMTA (Los Angeles Metro) for the past two years with their Entry Level Training Program...always had a passion for transit (notice the only two bus appreciation threads in existence were from me) but put it on the back burner until I found out about this.

Interviewed once before, didn't get it. Last thursday after coming out of an interview, I get a call from the Head of Public Relations at Metro...hella relaxed dude asks me did I want to interview..said of course and came in the next afternoon. What followed was a 45 minute meeting with him and who would become my direct supervisor. Told me that tthey narrowed their search from 1600 resumes to 4, with one of those already being hired so that left me and two others for the last position. They gave me a scenario about what I would do if a train was stuck at a station and I had to get the info to passengers at other stations. I answered it and they were impressed. Asked me for a writing sample when I got home and thanked me for coming in. Sent the writing sample over and thanked them again from bringing me in. Head of PR tells me they were beyond impressed (No one has ever told me this in regards to an interview). Got a call from HR and told me head of PR selected me! :pimp:

Went into today and filled my paperwork and I start monday at 9am! Don't give up guys! There is always greener pastures. Just keep grinding and you will get to where you want to be...I was unemployed for two years, tried two grad programs which weren't my passion or my desire to do for the rest of my life. No money, bills barely getting paid, living off my moms and granny....felt like less of a man and now I'm here. I'll be here as a resource for those who want to get into transit or anything PR/Social Media related as I'll be working with Metros SM accounts in regards to Rail delays, crisis and station closures.

My job is an outside machinist, I'm when I get interview and they asked any scenarios, I'm gonna be lost cause there a not a thing I know about being a machinist(straight outta high school)..anybody got any interview tips for me? I wanna impress so they can hire me.

Mu friend told me that they needed someone in their accounts payable position at her job, and she wasn't lying. I submitted my resume today and I have an interview tomorrow at 2. I pray that I can land this job. I'm grateful that I was able to get my job back in the restaurant, but I'd much rather prefer an office job with more consistent pay. I'll report back tomorrow.

And now I sing my swan song to this thread.

I've been trying to get on with LACMTA (Los Angeles Metro) for the past two years with their Entry Level Training Program...always had a passion for transit (notice the only two bus appreciation threads in existence were from me) but put it on the back burner until I found out about this.

Interviewed once before, didn't get it. Last thursday after coming out of an interview, I get a call from the Head of Public Relations at Metro...hella relaxed dude asks me did I want to interview..said of course and came in the next afternoon. What followed was a 45 minute meeting with him and who would become my direct supervisor. Told me that tthey narrowed their search from 1600 resumes to 4, with one of those already being hired so that left me and two others for the last position. They gave me a scenario about what I would do if a train was stuck at a station and I had to get the info to passengers at other stations. I answered it and they were impressed. Asked me for a writing sample when I got home and thanked me for coming in. Sent the writing sample over and thanked them again from bringing me in. Head of PR tells me they were beyond impressed (No one has ever told me this in regards to an interview). Got a call from HR and told me head of PR selected me! :pimp:

Went into today and filled my paperwork and I start monday at 9am! Don't give up guys! There is always greener pastures. Just keep grinding and you will get to where you want to be...I was unemployed for two years, tried two grad programs which weren't my passion or my desire to do for the rest of my life. No money, bills barely getting paid, living off my moms and granny....felt like less of a man and now I'm here. I'll be here as a resource for those who want to get into transit or anything PR/Social Media related as I'll be working with Metros SM accounts in regards to Rail delays, crisis and station closures.

barney-yes.gif

Phil-Dunphy.gif

quit my job to move to Orlando, things didn't go as planned and now im back home.. gotta find a job so i can stack some bread up before i start up classes in the spring

no job but i started going to school. 

signed up for an agency that deals with people trying to get an entry level career or jobs that can add points to your resume for future employers in your field of interest.

keep pushing guys...

I quit my job in June. Then took a two week trip. Started applying on July 22nd for jobs. Had four interviews in a week and half. Ended up getting a pt job Aug 10th. Basically I'm saying keep applying and something will happen.

If anyone is in Atlanta and looking for employment I know a company that is hiring.

Back
Top Bottom