Joey Dorsey

I don't think he'll be as dominating on the defensive end in the NBA as Ben Wallace was in his prime. I bet he becomes a similar player to ReggieEvans.

I see more Jason Maxiell than Ben Wallace, but I have a feeling he won't last in the league. He's a freak of nature though physique wise.

Dorsey proved tonight that he is a joke. Did you see the shot chart at halftime? Almost all Kansas made shots were in the paint.

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO!
get out of here with that poor man's ben wallace nonsense. you out of your mind.
What you mean? It's actually a fair comparison. Damn near spot on. And Ben Wallace ain't that good so it's not much of a compliment.

I think he does a bunch of unnecessary stuff out there (though the pointing at Love is golden), but I'd expect him to be a nice addition to a team hoping to position themselves for a nice playoff push. I'd love for the Bobcats to get him with a 2nd pick... with Beasley coming with our first pick.
pimp.gif
DF!!!
Take a step and think about what you just said. Do you really think he can be a defensive centerpiece of a defensive monster like detroit was when hewas there? I disagree with you wholeheartedly. I will agree to say he's a broke-man's ben wallace... not a poor-man's....He's not going to beplaying UAB and other Conference USA trash in the league. And don't forget dude is going to be almost 25 in a few months. He's at his ceiling rightnow... I doubt he'll get much better.

Originally Posted by Gunner ThirtyTwo

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO!
get out of here with that poor man's ben wallace nonsense. you out of your mind.
What you mean? It's actually a fair comparison. Damn near spot on. And Ben Wallace ain't that good so it's not much of a compliment.

I think he does a bunch of unnecessary stuff out there (though the pointing at Love is golden), but I'd expect him to be a nice addition to a team hoping to position themselves for a nice playoff push. I'd love for the Bobcats to get him with a 2nd pick... with Beasley coming with our first pick.
pimp.gif
DF!!!
Take a step and think about what you just said. Do you really think he can be a defensive centerpiece of a defensive monster like detroit was when he was there? I disagree with you wholeheartedly. I will agree to say he's a broke-man's ben wallace... not a poor-man's....He's not going to be playing UAB and other Conference USA trash in the league. And don't forget dude is going to be almost 25 in a few months. He's at his ceiling right now... I doubt he'll get much better.

Ceiling is right now? If he concentrates SOLEY on defense, then he's going to have a nice career in the NBA...the Reggie Evans comparison was on pointIMO.
laugh.gif
at you guys saying a dude has peaked while he is only 24. There is plenty of upside with Joey Dorsey. Someone is going to draft him at the end ofround 1, and he will fit in nicely with a vetreran-laden squad. No one is going to ask Joey Dorsey to go out and get a double-double. He will be a guy whocan get close to double-digit rebounds at some point in his NBA career.

according to his bio, he graduated high school at 19 in '02, played nowhere during the 02-03 season, went to a prep school for the 03-04 season, then wentto Memphis.

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

guy has raised his draft stock pretty high this tournament imo. before he was projected late first round to early second but now i can easily see him mid first for sure.
laugh.gif
The guy scored 6 points in 2 final four games, how exactly did he raise his draft stock? Does the media like guys named Dorsey or something, whydo people even talk about this guy other than the fact he's a punk. 6 points and this guy is an NBA player? Please.

You can score at will on Joey Dorsey. He cannot stop bigs. He cannot stop dribble penetrators. He lacks body control to avoid foul trouble so he cannot protectthe rim against guard penetration.

He'll probably get drafted in the first round, but he has a long way to go to make it in the NBA. He really doesn't give you any impression that he hasany kind of bball IQ on the court. He can dunk. He can rebound. What else?

Maxiell was a better college player than Dorsey. Unless Dorsey has NBA vets that will actually show you things like McDyess, B Wallace, and Sheed, he has along way to go to acquire the skillset of an NBA big.

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

I see more Jason Maxiell than Ben Wallace, but I have a feeling he won't last in the league. He's a freak of nature though physique wise.

Hell no. Maxiell >>>>> Joey Dorsey

He'll be an okay help defender and inconsistent rebounder.. But I just think he's a bit too dumb to last long in the league..
He's nothing special.. I figure he'll have crazy foul troubles too..

He is not a good on ball defender. He just uses his strength to push people around (not a bad thing). He is good at coming from the weak side. He could be aBen Wallace if he works hard.

But I just think he's a bit too dumb to last long in the league..

I haven't seen any signs that he can take instruction. However, he went to Memphis. Memphis is probably one of the worst coached programs in the country.It's the beneficiary of William Wesley who does everything he can to direct talent to the school. He's not sending students to Memphis. He'ssending basketball players.

Dorsey could just drop some weight or turn it into muscle and through better conditioning become a respectable NBA rebounder. Better defense has to be taught,but you need to start with a student that wants to learn.

Originally Posted by u ttocs

guy has raised his draft stock pretty high this tournament imo. before he was projected late first round to early second but now i can easily see him mid first for sure.
laugh.gif
The guy scored 6 points in 2 final four games, how exactly did he raise his draft stock? Does the media like guys named Dorsey or something, why do people even talk about this guy other than the fact he's a punk. 6 points and this guy is an NBA player? Please.

he had no reason to have offensive production against UCLA, he had 15 rebounds in that game and was huge defensively, Rose took that game over andembarrassed collison... dont base your opinion on Dorsey on the past weekend...
smh.gif

Dorsey could just drop some weight or turn it into muscle and through better conditioning become a respectable NBA rebounder.

laugh.gif
the dude is solid muscle...what are you talking about?

he's going late 1st or early 2nd....

he'll be a good contributor to some NBA franchise in the mold of Reggie Evans.

Anyone notice how the hate for certain dudes is THICK in the aftermath of a loss?

I didn't know this many people hated Dorsey...dude could've easily gave up after hs and just been another ex hs b-ball star hanging on the cornertalking about what he could've been. Instead he put in the work and now he is about to get drafted and become a millionaire.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Nah still late first, he's moved into that position...2nd round before.
With this class, you can't take someone with no offensive game whatsoever Mid first

I think that CDR will be a mid first round pick. He is 6-7 with a good midrange game. He is a solid defender and stays in front of his man. All around goodgame and a high character guy. In the league he will be a good 2 guard because he can handle the ball and create his own shot. The only problem I see in hisgame will be his strength I really like Rose but if you take CDR off that team they do not make it to the final four. He did lead the team in scoring.

The fact that he needs to be 25 to compete with 19 year olds does not bode well for his absolute limit, which is what the NBA is about. I don't think hecan compete at the pro level.

Originally Posted by Gunner ThirtyTwo

He ain't pointin in that picture... get out of here with that poor man's ben wallace nonsense. you out of your mind.

The look on dudes face is priceless...kinda looks like a
embarassed.gif
x
frown.gif
x
indifferent.gif
collabo. By the way I made this whole Dorsey/Ben Wallace thread a fewdays ago, yes I'm salty. He will be an effective rebounder/defender in the NBA if he works hard. Won't be a star, but will definitely have a decentcareer as a late 1st Round pick.

If Joey Dorsey is solid muscle right now then he's in real trouble. I was thinking it was just extra weight, but if his feet are this slow with a fullytuned body then he's going to get destroyed in the NBA.

Back
Top Bottom