John Elliott + Co Thread

i mean, their policy is their policy whether you read the terms or not. If you paid attention to alot of Black friday sales, most were final sale so its not like this is something unusual. Still sucks though.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've also had that happen to me. 98% of the time, the company will issue a full refund if you're adamant enough about it and explain your reasoning to them. I don't have to tell you guys that, lol.

It's frustrating when companies do this. It's always hidden on some terms page on their site. I always try and find out a store's return policy before I buy ANYTHING. It might seem trivial, and I've raised a few eyebrows, but it's my money I'm spending and as the customer I should know when I can and cannot return an item before purchasing.

Last edited:
i mean, their policy is their policy whether you read the terms or not. If you paid attention to alot of Black friday sales, most were final sale.

Good point but I think he can still get his cash back if he stays on them about it. A lot of times they don't want to let you know about that in a way that makes it obvious you can't return and that isn't cool. Like don't make it to where I need a magnifying glass to see I can't return something I spent my coin on

i mean, their policy is their policy whether you read the terms or not. If you paid attention to alot of Black friday sales, most were final sale so its not like this is something unusual. Still sucks though.

Yeah, unfortunately this is true. As frustrating as it sounds, because I agree with Henny.

Just raised hell with the guy at Notre-Shop. I emailed to get authorization to return my Bolivia jacket and he tells me, "Unfortunately I cannot grant the RMA - per store policies, items discounted 25% or more off of the retail price are considered final sale and not eligible for return. However we can exchange for size." So I call him up and ask if this is really the case. Tell him I saw nothing stating that when I made order. He tells me to look at the returns tab, which yes, it is stated there. HOWEVER, how do you have a SITE WIDE sale for Black Friday and discount all items past that threshold and not accept returns?! NO RETURNS ON ANYTHING FROM BLACK FRIDAY?!?!?! Man I am HEATED! He said he could do store credit, but I told him I wanted to speak to a manager he said he is the manager. Told him I don't even want the store credit if this is how they do business I will never buy from them again and they've lost a customer. He tells me he'll look into seeing what he can do and email me back.

Am I bugging or does anyone else find this ridiculous? It's not like the item was heavily marked down before BF to the point where it would be considered final sale. He tells me the extra 5% discount they gave from 25% to 30% on BF was to make up for that. I tell him make up for what? That everything you sold on that day couldn't be returned, or, for having terrible customer service? I feel swindled :x :smh: Every other retailer I've seen have a final sale they clearly write "FINAL SALE" somewhere on the product page. Not hidden in a tab you have to click.

yea that's always been their policy on "clearance/sale" items. It's also like that at my local JE boutiques Azalea/Rand and Statler where they only give store credit. It does suck though.

Last edited:
Anxious to see what JE has in store for their mid-season capsule. I know Classic Curve tees are confirmed and I think more Anti Expo tees (hopefully a white cw).

I'm hoping for some new denim drops. Do you know when the mid- sason capsule release is?

Yea, that too. Waiting for some solid black denim from JE but may try out Purple Brand. Heard nothing but great things about them so far..

And no, I don't but I would guess before Christmas.

honestly ever since I picked up my Acne stay cash, Ive moved on from JE making black denim

no one man should have so much maroon :tongue:

hahaha i know man, but to be honest the raw edge hoodie was the very first piece I wanted in maroon when I saw it. I just stupidly picked up the villain first cuz it dropped first :lol:

I heard crotch rips are pretty common with the acne. I'm guessing you never had that happen to you?

*knock on wood" nah nothing yet, been wearing them pretty constantly for a few months now too.

After hearing that story glad I went with JE directly. Don't support deceptive sales practices.

Last edited:
got a little more strecth to it (well I only own cast 1, no 2) but the fit is pretty identical to me.
easy pass then.. cast 1 fit is trash compared to cast 2 and the new f/w cast 2 fit

just got my maroon villain from saks. quite impressed with the packaging. wasn't expecting a hanger and all 

Last edited:

After hearing that story glad I went with JE directly. Don't support deceptive sales practices.
As stated, their policy is clearly posted under their returns tab... Not sure what's deceptive about that.
easy pass then.. cast 1 fit is trash compared to cast 2 and the new f/w cast 2 fit
There are different Acne fits/cuts, so it depends on which one drisk has. From what I've seen the "Thin" cut is the skinniest and most similar to the Cast 2.

As stated, their policy is clearly posted under their returns tab... Not sure what's deceptive about that.
Agree to disagree I suppose. Returns are like overdraft fees, it isn't sufficient to glean over and then rest on "well it's in your packet"

Personally im not a fan of the newest fit. wayyy too tapered at the calves for me. cast 1 was GOAT. I know im in the minority here.

There are different Acne fits/cuts, so it depends on which one drisk has. From what I've seen the "Thin" cut is the skinniest and most similar to the Cast 2.

my bad, yeah ive got the thins

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom