Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

Jb don’t respect us. If jb don’t care why should we. I might start rockin mids. I’m damn near close to the edge anyways​

****, I SUPER close to wearing AF1's. Since Nike discountinued the Nike Vandals... I know you're probably like WTF??? But yeah...Vandal's >>>> AF1's.

:lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

s-l1600000.jpg
s-l16000000.jpg

:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

:nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:

:smokin

Yeah, they're never gonna make a 1:1 re-creation of anything from the 80's. Firstly, we're so wrapped up in nostalgia, that even if they made a pair that was 99% accurate, we all know purists would still complain about that 1% deviation from the OGs. Secondly, Nike/JB is smart, so why would they mess up a perfect strategy? Keep us chasing that imaginary dragon that's never actually obtainable. And lastly, while we would all love a 1:1 Jordan 1, with the way some, not all, parts of the manufacturing process has unquestionably changed (materials and material availability, production processes, technology, techniques, etc.) in the almost 40 years since their debut, I wonder how truly feasible it would even be to MASS PRODUCE a 1:1 Jordan 1 at the scale JB would need/want to release them. IMO making them some uber limited release would be even worse than any issues we might have with build and shape.

Ultimately though, I’m personally not bothered by the details many often gripe about. Sure, I’d LOVE for every detail to be identical to the OGs, but I’m 36, about 40 pairs of 1s in, and I’m not tripping over something that’s never gonna happen, even as much as I might want it to.

Yeah, they're never gonna make a 1:1 re-creation of anything from the 80's. Firstly, we're so wrapped up in nostalgia, that even if they made a pair that was 99% accurate, we all know purists would still complain about that 1% deviation from the OGs. Secondly, Nike/JB is smart, so why would they mess up a perfect strategy? Keep us chasing that imaginary dragon that's never actually obtainable. And lastly, while we would all love a 1:1 Jordan 1, with the way some, not all, parts of the manufacturing process has unquestionably changed (materials and material availability, production processes, technology, techniques, etc.) in the almost 40 years since their debut, I wonder how truly feasible it would even be to MASS PRODUCE a 1:1 Jordan 1 at the scale JB would need/want to release them. IMO making them some uber limited release would be even worse than any issues we might have with build and shape.

Ultimately though, I’m personally not bothered by the details many often gripe about. Sure, I’d LOVE for every detail to be identical to the OGs, but I’m 36, about 40 pairs of 1s in, and I’m not tripping over something that’s never gonna happen, even as much as I might want it to.
Jb can easily replicate a 1:1 retro. They just went through the painstaking process of fixing the twos, and did a great job. But you’re completely right, it’s more along the lines of if they want to at all. If a 1:1 retro that matches the exact specs matching their 1985 production is released, will the customer stop there? It’s almost like if the perfect scenario was ever presented would you stop pursuing everything else? This is a question we should all ruminate on as we prepare for our cubicle jobs.

The Dior 1s are the probably the closest we will ever see compared to the OG shape wise, but I guess that don’t count because Dior manufactured them and they were all crafted by hand.
The “crafted by hand” aspect is part of what I mean by if JB could even feasibly MASS PRODUCE 1s of that quality. Like I stated earlier, we all know that manufacturing processes, materials used, and other parts of the shoe making process has changed since 1s first debuted in 1985. Dior made theirs by hand, using great materials, and made a small amount. And we all know JB is about profit, as they’re a business at the end of the day. Is making 1:1 Jordan 1s as easy as pushing a button? Would they have to install new equipment, or maybe find and restore old equipment, source materials that are expensive/hard to come by in large quantities, could they even machine such a process, or would they have to resort to doing such a 1:1 in a more intensive, even maybe hand made process?

Many talk as if it’s super easy for Nike/JB to make a 1:1 Jordan 1. I’d feel fairly confident in saying that few things today are made EXACTLY like they were 37+ years ago. It’s all about profit margins, and margins widen when costs (materials and labor) lessen, and processes quicken (more automated, less handmade). And unfortunately, if JB ever did actually decide to spend the time & resources to TRULY give us a 1:1 pair, they’d be on some “there’s only 5-10k pairs” type of sht, and if that’s the case, don’t even waste my time JB.

Honestly if you get the measurements correct, everything should fall in place. Like how Vic from Reshoevn8r restored those OG 3 and made a custom 85 AJ1 just by simply measuring the leather panels on the OG. Nike could make every OG 1 a 1985 1:1 and charge $200 for the retooling, but everything they do is for their bottom line. That’s it. So they will not invest in that considering 1s sell themselves virtually.

Honestly if you get the measurements correct, everything should fall in place. Like how Vic from Reshoevn8r restored those OG 3 and made a custom 85 AJ1 just by simply measuring the leather panels on the OG. Nike could make every OG 1 a 1985 1:1 and charge $200 for the retooling, but everything they do is for their bottom line. That’s it. So they will not invest in that considering 1s sell themselves virtually.
If Vic can do it why can’t these bums at Nike get anything right. Im just collecting particle board leather at this point.

I feel like we have this conversation once a month lmao. Nike can do ANYTHING, and reproduce ANY shape. They literally just choose not to.

Why would Nike bother? They produce these flawed, poor quality retro pairs and folks still eat them up. 🤷‍♂️

These points sum exactly what I mean. CAN Nike/JB do it? Absolutely! WOULD they ever do it? Nope! They’re not spending the extra time, energy, and resources to give us 1:1s, when they can give us the same sht they’ve been giving us and still sell out every damn time. If the voices of us here that want 1:1s were the majority, Nike/JB would think about it, but we’re definitely the minority, and as such, we’re not moving any needles that’ll affect Nike/JB.

These points sum exactly what I mean. CAN Nike/JB do it? Absolutely! WOULD they ever do it? Nope! They’re not spending the extra time, energy, and resources to give us 1:1s, when they can give us the same sht they’ve been giving us and still sell out every damn time. If the voices of us here that want 1:1s were the majority, Nike/JB would think about it, but we’re definitely the minority, and as such, we’re not moving any needles that’ll affect Nike/JB.
well they've made amends. people got sick of the retro 1s and they did a half assed job on the 85s. at least we got something out of it. now they doing all these reimagined Disney 85s. eventually they'll have something better down the line. Nike always finesses at first, then when **** gets unpopular, they'll give you the sneaker with slight tweaks.

will we get a 1:1... never, but there's plenty of bootlegger customizers making j's by hand. nike will catch on and eventually release something in vain lol.

Nike / Jordan has long since forgotten it’s core customer and it’s original roots. Once it went public it no longer answered to the consumer or the athlete it now answers to shareholders who want profit.

1:1 is absolutely a possibility but Jordan chooses not to because that would require a cut into its profit margins. They know that really only a small percentage of people care about the details. The rest will see 1, black, white and red and know that it will be an instant sellout.

If I can get these at retail I’m all in. Resale no thank you.

Kinda sad how far Nike / Jordan have come from where they started to where they are now.

No retro never has and never will be a 1:1 copy of the original. As good as the ‘94 and ‘99 retros were, there were still some telling details that set them apart from the originals. It seems that JB is trying to right the ship but it’s a slow process. I always reference the recraft Air Max 90’s when this discussion comes up. Although those are not a 1:1 copy, Nike did what they needed to do to get them pretty close. I think JB will continue to tweak their retros instead of doing a full recraft.

No retro never has and never will be a 1:1 copy of the original. As good as the ‘94 and ‘99 retros were, there were still some telling details that set them apart from the originals. It seems that JB is trying to right the ship but it’s a slow process. I always reference the recraft Air Max 90’s when this discussion comes up. Although those are not a 1:1 copy, Nike did what they needed to do to get them pretty close. I think JB will continue to tweak their retros instead of doing a full recraft.
94 retro 1s arent great either. People only buying into those cuz of nostalgia. Nike stopped innovating somewhere in 98 and stopped caring about their quality in 06. The recraft 90s were a respectful return to form

94 retro 1s arent great either. People only buying into those cuz of nostalgia. Nike stopped innovating somewhere in 98 and stopped caring about their quality in 06. The recraft 90s were a respectful return to form
This

The majority of people don't realize that Nike was already jerking around in 1994.

They switched up the 3s a lot too. The 3s were only 6 years old in 1994 so I'm sure they could have replicated them as 1:1 if they wanted to.

Easiest way to think about this.

At this stage Nike / Jordan are marketing companies more than they are innovators in the footwear and apparel industry.
100% if they spent half the money on RD and manufacturing instead of marketing, there’d be some semblance of a consumer focused company. This is also why people have move onto nb’s, heck im buying brogues these days lol

Honestly don't think there's an ROI to be had on such an investment. Outside of NT, most can't even tell the diff, nor know there's a diff. I'm not a huge Jordan 1 fan, but still follow the details in these threads and sometimes have to take several looks to see the differences to be honest. I do see them now, but, honestly, the avg buyer would never see on their own or care for that matter.

Even for the AM90s, the AM3 is night and day difference to me, such that I don't think I could ever buy anything other than an AM3 version again, but the avg person wouldn't even notice or care enough to have that impact a purchase decision. Shocked Nike put in the effort, and yet still uses the old molds despite the investment in making the changes.

Back
Top Bottom