Jordan 8 Doernbecher on the way...

Has anyone started receiving a shipping email today? I got one last night, but none today so far.
Same here, received 2 yesterday but still missing 1.

You're not alone 
ohwell.gif

I would normally agree but as we all know there are so many different type of sneakerheads from
a Not so serious sneaker head, someone who is fine with GR's dont even consider rares, they are happy with whatever they can pickup.

a Collector who treats it like a hobby/side thing that enjoys it: no such thing as waste of time or money or effort. You meet a lot of cool people in the sneaker world and even become friends with some.

a Hypebeast,someone who wants every popular release and gets salty when they miss out: Yes they are wasting time, money and effort. They are in it for the wrong reasons.

a Flipper: No such thing as waste of money, you have people paying their mortgage literally flipping Js even GR's

Those are just examples, there are some people that are a bit of all of them. I am not a flipper but if I can get a DB8 that isn't my size and trade it straight up for (2) ds releases my size that I want, I would do it in a second.

A lot of hawks are on the outside looking in, you have people buying DBs for $180, insta-selling them for $500+. You don't thing people see this? Non sneaker heads swoop in, they start offering backdoor $$ to managers, bots, atc's you name it. Look how many pics circulated of people copping 10+ DB8s yet a real sneaker head couldn't get 1. We just need to curb expectations thats all and come to realize you WONT get all the releases, you WONT get all the releases you specifically want, unless you are willing to pay on the secondary market for them. I had decent sneaker connects and even they couldn't get me my size of every release, because there are people above them supplying some other people.

Sneakers is one of the only hobbies I can think of that it's actually hard to lose money on, so its worth for some to put time in. If you are picking up at retail, in 2 weeks you can
1) keep
2) sell at a profit 80% of the time
3) sell at retail 99% of the time
4) return it 100% of the time

If you are in this and losing money, you are doing it all wrong. And you only lose if you are selling, I have a friend who overpaid on some Space Jams, I think hes crazy, yet he loves them and is happy as hell he got them regardless of price

Very valid points. Personally I've been striking out ALOT lately on limited shoes and recently moved out of state to a semi rural city. I have my connections back home but can't get anything online anymore. I can't psyche myself to buy a consolation shoe because I will end up hating it (started to hate Tiff Highs once I missed out on red octobers). Sneakers hold their value very well, but it's too many cornballs to contend with now that I'd prefer not to associate with, even in a general conversation. The good thing about me slowing down is that I can save up and eventually pay resale for any pair I absolutely needed to have.

I always wanted to see how long I could go without buying a pair. I Can go months without buying anything and I'm Also no longer addicted to ebay, which always ended up with me making a lot of impulse buys

Wow still can't believe I got through. No bot either. Even after all the errors and out of stock messages, kept trying, was in line for a while and it finally added to cart. Checked out around 11AM, just got the shipping confirmation now.

First DB release I ever got lucky on. Best part is that I actually like 8s unlike the mass majority. They were my first pair of Jordans ever way back in 1994 so 8s will always be special to me. Bugs, Playoff, Aqua, Black chrome and now DB in my collection.

Last edited:
Wow still can't believe I got through. No bot either. Even after all the errors and out of stock messages, kept trying, was in line for a while and it finally added to cart. Checked out around 11AM, just got the shipping confirmation now.

First DB release I ever got lucky on. Best part is that I actually like 8s unlike the mass majority. They were my first pair of Jordans ever way back in 1994 so 8s will always be special to me. Bugs, Playoff, Aqua, Black chrome and now DB in my collection.

Congrats man, shame cause I'm sure 90% of orders were to flippers and people who hate the way they look. Refreshing to see someone get a pair that actually wanted them and will keep them

Get out of here with that junk, salty people are just trying to scare people who got through. 

what? :lol: :lol: Oh, wait. U must've used a bot and you scared now? Don't worry, I didn't post this with you in mind. If you got through you got through props to you. I'm posting this for people who DIDN'T get their pair---saying there is still a chance. YOU get out of here with your own junk.

Don't try me, boy. DO NOT.

Back
Top Bottom