Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

I really do not understand all of this talk about the shape of a shoe, of which really has no true value. The true value of anything is in the quality of craftsmanship that goes into the product, materials used, and if they all work together well, making the product durable enough for usage, which shows resiliency and character. 

That's real value in the estimation of a user, owner.  I really do not get the shape thing, at all. If they are truly remastered, that speaks to materials and durability, not something as useless as "shape".

It is no wonder that the industry sees the sneakerhead as nothing but a joke.  

that's like buying a contoured chair that offers perfect lumbar support, offers a durable frame, and has top notch quality...and then buying from the same company years down the road, the same type of contoured chair, but unfortunately offers minimal lumbar support, cheaper quality, and the frame feels like you'll be breaking through to the floor with any wrong weight distribution...the SHAPE matters!!

Oh and you misspelled your user name, it's FREE SPEECH...not SPEACH..

Oh and you misspelled your user name, it's FREE SPEECH...not SPEACH..
hahaha good one
laugh.gif

very sharp from you
smokin.gif

Shape is a matter of taste, and personal preference.  I've said this read before, but so many people talk about wanting OG molds etc.  but on this forum I've read people saying they prefer the '89 mold, the '99 mold, the '12 mold etc. 

Unless you prefer and want the '89 mold, then you are being a hypocrite when complaining about OG vs current.

Me personally, I like the '99 the best but am satisfied with what has been remastered.

If JB could literally produce a shoe that looks at least 90% close to what the 89' model looked like, INCLUDING Nike Air on the backtab, as well as the overall height and ankle appearance...then they truly would have won me over with this "remastered" thing, and I would GLADLY....reward them for their time and effort...

but we all know that isn't what JB is about...
laugh.gif
...actually it's pathetic..
mean.gif
They're about making that money.  And it appears they're doing a damn good job at it.

Last edited:
Shape is a matter of taste, and personal preference.  I've said this read before, but so many people talk about wanting OG molds etc.  but on this forum I've read people saying they prefer the '89 mold, the '99 mold, the '12 mold etc. 

Unless you prefer and want the '89 mold, then you are being a hypocrite when complaining about OG vs current.

Me personally, I like the '99 the best but am satisfied with what has been remastered.

Said it yesterday myself, from a picture somebody posted comparing the 4's I prefer the 2012 mold over the previous ones. :smokin

Last edited:
Said it yesterday myself, from a picture somebody posted comparing the 4's I prefer the 2012 mold over the previous ones.
smokin.gif
Repped for understanding its all a matter of preference.  Reason I like the 99 is that its a little lower than the 89 but a little higher than the 12.  I think the height is at the perfect spot.

I really do not understand all of this talk about the shape of a shoe, of which really has no true value. The true value of anything is in the quality of craftsmanship that goes into the product, materials used, and if they all work together well, making the product durable enough for usage, which shows resiliency and character. 

That's real value in the estimation of a user, owner.  I really do not get the shape thing, at all. If they are truly remastered, that speaks to materials and durability, not something as useless as "shape".

It is no wonder that the industry sees the sneakerhead as nothing but a joke.  

One of the dumbest things ive read on nt.

Shape is important because it shows that JB has put attention to detail in making retros. For a long time, an easy way to distinguish fakes from real shoes is their sloppy and poorly put together shape. Now retros carry some of the same shapes as fakes which is unacceptable.

Additionally, nostalgia plays a big role in whether someone may care about shape. Older heads who watch these new releases come out like the 4 watch the shoe get a smaller cut and banana toe which is kindve like a disrespect to the oroginal.

Changing the shape changes the overall look of the shoe more than people may realize.

Last edited:
Shape is important because it shows that JB has put attention to detail in making retros. For a long time, an easy way to distinguish fakes from real shoes is their sloppy and poorly put together shape. Now retros carry some of the same shapes as fakes which is unacceptable.

Additionally, nostalgia plays a big role in whether someone may care about shape. Older heads who watch these new releases come out like the 4 watch the shoe get a smaller cut and banana toe which is kindve like a disrespect to the oroginal.

Change the shape changes the overall look of the shoe more than people may realize.

This
Changing the shape can make a shoe look very different.

I think that this, what is in bold and then underlined, is the problem. Shape does not equal craftsmanship, and when someone gets a custom made piece, that shape will differ from person to person. In gr footwear, as soon as you put the shoe on, the shoe will indeed change shape depending on the foot. However, I do understand that many here simply want to look at the shoes, instead of actually wearing them for which they were intended, thus the following response below, 

I think anal is a most apt term applied toward your observation and response to my handle, instead of understanding individuality and character.

Enjoy your search for perfection.

You are closer than you think.

No such thing as perfection my man but shape does qualify to me as a "remastered" attribute of a sneaker. People obviously have the right to their own opinions and preferences, but I prefer the 89' OG mold of the Air Jordan 4. What they release today in terms of quality, craftsmanship, AND shape is a far cry from what they were doing when they first put these out on the market...

My opinion is, if you can put a 25 year old shoe out on the market, with obsolete sneaker technology and expect a premium price, then at least give the consumer what made these things special in the first place, which is why I feel JB gets away with too much crap nowadays because there is such a lineage and consumerist loyalty involved that people who buy their products almost willingly get the short end of the stick..

..and yes I do understand character and individuality, but I may have gotten a bit passionate about it so in all fairness, I apologize for the "harshness" of the previous reply since you took it that way..

Last edited:
the shape of the most recent released pair is better than the OG

:smh:

maybe its because I never wore the original, but can someone state what the benefits are of the original shape over the new shape (more toebox room, better overall fit, etc.)

There are real reasons aside from the overall look of the shoe that most OG heads value the shape and overall the release of the OG IV. Unless you owned a pair of OG's brand new then you really wouldn't know.

For one, (this is a taste thing) they just look better. The profile of the shoe looks much more sleek much more balanced. Back then big bulky shoes had this sleek proportioned toe box that gave the illusion that they weren't as big and bulky as they really were.

Second, with this sleeker toe box there was a better secure fit. Unlike today, a sleeker toe box didn't equal painfully squished up toes and pinched pinky toes. ( I attribute that to the materials that were used) .

Last, the comfort. The OG's felt real soft on your feet. It was the combination of all these, plus the balanced look that keeps the OG's looking second to none.

And just a side note, they could easily get the IV to look as close to the OG as possible but its clearly not priority at this point.

Last edited:
The differences people can have on what's good and what isn't.
laugh.gif
Of the three versions above the 12' definitely looks the best to me.
I agree. And this is coming from someone who had the originals back in the day and whose been into the Air Jordan line since it's inception.  
tongue.gif

Was JUST about to post the AM1 example. 

It's quite sad that the hyperfuse pairs have a better shape than the regular ones

You got it backwards B. 

The one on the bottom is what people prefer....
Nah

You never seen those On instagram vs Real Life pictures

They have the good looking one on top and the jacked up looking one on the bottom

So I switched the previous top with the bottom.

Since the top AM1 looks gorgeous and the bottom looks jacked  it was just one of those moments

Nah

You never seen those On instagram vs Real Life pictures

They have the good looking one on top and the jacked up looking one on the bottom

So I switched the previous top with the bottom.

Since the top AM1 looks gorgeous and the bottom looks jacked  it was just one of those moments
that bottom one is like one of those ugly ******* at a club who is hot as **** when the lights out and your drunk, but as soon as the lights turn on you wondering wtf went wrong in your life to put you in the position you are in.

Back
Top Bottom