Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

quality on the bulls over broadways looks nuts... cant wait 
happy.gif

Man these remaster joints are just a gimmick to raise prices, just like when nike raised the lebron x to 250 bc it had nike + technology now we have lebron still at the price point or close to it heck we have kobe ' s and foamposite at $275 with no nike +. Watch if remastered space jams comes out next year they will be $240 :smh:

Last edited:
I was just talking about this with some of my friends if we are getting remaster Vs how come are 3m ain't shining like headlights?

I was just talking about this with some of my friends if we are getting remaster Vs how come are 3m ain't shining like headlights?
Official pics haven't come out have they?
Maybe they do have 3m
Haven't been paying attention to the first two announced fives
So if they lackin the 3m they better fix this ish when the raging bulls drop

Last edited:
Shoot give us B-. Has anyone seen the Vs this year? The bubble on the heel of the shoe has went from flatter than usual to flat completely

I didn't even know they were releasing V this year. There are only two V I want, but only if they are done properly or somewhat reasonable. Black/Metallics and the Black Outs (yes I love black shoes).

:lol: only V I have is from 2006. 2012-present are the worst.

Yeah, even throwing remastered leather won't save them. So much wrong with the Vs.

Chicago 1's price is outrageous.
doubt its 190, how can a retro 1 be 190.... its most likely id say same price as frags

your wrong its 100% $190

doubt its 190, how can a retro 1 be 190.... its most likely id say same price as frags

your wrong its 100% $190

Chicago 1s are $160

well then maybe i saw it wrong & im 100% wrong..either way im grabbing 2

Because their really not remastered. All JB has done is step up the quality a little bit and called them "remastered" to justify the price increase.

Because their really not remastered. All JB has done is step up the quality a little bit and called them "remastered" to justify the price increase.

What surprises me the most about this whole "remasters" BS is that it in my opinion it was a stupid, and failed, PR move by JB

If JB had just said "hey folks, we're gonna use better leather from here on out, sorry 'bout all that pleather. Oh and enjoy a modest price hike."
I think I would have just shrugged and accepted it. JB is gonna price hike no matter what, and some good leather is better than nothing.

But instead, JB had to open it's big mouth and lie to our face that they were gonna take things back to the OG and remaster the whole shoe, proper molds, proper materials, proper shape etc. Acknowledging that they know the shoes are effed up. So far, this seems way more than JB actually intended to deliver and so it leaves people like me frustrated that they're pretending to make things the OG way

I bought 3 pairs of J's in 2014, and I would've been ok with receiving better leather on those, but now that JB claims to be making OG versions I find myself totally uninterested in anything they have to offer.
Ive been dying to grab the Hares since I didn't want a CDP pack.
But if they don't improve the shape by summer, Im almost certain I'll pass when I probably would have copped a year ago

Last edited:
Than that would mean that the molds haven't improved...right?

The iimprovemens are very slight is what I'm saying. Many people may not even notice. I think the only reason I noticed is because when the 2011 7s started rolling around I was furious.

I believe it. they have sold multiple 1s @185 recently. and the upcoming laser 1s are 185. I think they are going to make the move to stabilize the price of the 1 with the chicagos. would not surprise me at all if 1s will always be the same price as other retros after they drop. that seems to have been their goal all along. I mean they've done it with just about every other model.... wouldn't surprise me to see the same thing with the "Chicago" 2s after those just dons.

Last edited:

I get we all have our opinions, but you cant say you don't notice the leather is much softer. 
softer yes, much...meh. Its not like a thicker grade of leather, and I dont think it's worth the price hike, but then again I bought um so w.e. most 5's retroed that the same really hard leather (where there was leather) maybe the 7's will be better but i duno. 

I didn't even know they were releasing V this year. There are only two V I want, but only if they are done properly or somewhat reasonable. Black/Metallics and the Black Outs (yes I love black shoes)

Black metallic Vs would be nice. Without nubuck of course... the '11 release was a travesty.

just taking a look at those 2015 columbia ivs man they still have that banana shape toe box. "remastered" to jb = remastered ways to increase profits by cheapening the materials, using off colors, making shoes more hollow, removing extra stuff like retro cards, pamphlets, omitting nike air from jordans as much as possible (unless a miracle happens), and of course f ing the overall shape of the retros since 2004/5/6/7 to present.

it really seems the shape and overall shoe is continuing in a cheaper looking trend (unless a miracle happens :lol:)

View media item 1365347

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom