Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

just taking a look at those 2015 columbia ivs man they still have that banana shape toe box. "remastered" to jb = remastered ways toon increase profits by cheapening the materials, using off colors, making shoes more hollow, removing extra stuff like retro cards, pamphlets, omitting nike air from jordans as much as possible (unless a miracle happens), and of course f ing the overall shape of the retros since 2004/5/6/7 to present.

it really seems the shape and overall shoe is continuing in a cheaper looking trend (unless a miracle happens :lol:)

View media item 1365347
I don't know how jb even called the Colombia's remastered. The shape and color is way off.

I don't know how jb even called the Colombia's remastered. The shape and color is way off.
You do realize that the pic is just a reference and not that of the actual shoe that released. The shoe does look a lot like the original pair. This is coming from someone who has the original pair.  The leather quality on the re-mastered pair is better than previous IV's but still not like the original.  The color is off just a hair or two but nothing to major.  

You do realize that the pic is just a reference and not that of the actual shoe that released. The shoe does look a lot like the original pair. This is coming from someone who has the original pair.  The leather quality on the re-mastered pair is better than previous IV's but still not like the original.  The color is off just a hair or two but nothing to major.  

Post side by side shots

so what happened to the OG shape then ??

JB was saying that they tried to bring back

the shoes to the OGs as close as possible

i personally dont see much of an improvement

they maybe raised the cut from the toebox with 3 millimeters

what is barely noticable with the naked eye imo

they still pulling out david copperfield techniques

and trying to get away with that BS

Last edited:

they still pulling out david copperfied techniques

Man I gave up on ever hoping for the original shape, leather, or anything that has dealt with the Air Jordan retro.  I'm 37 so I've been around since the first pair of Air Jordans dropped.  Its just not going to happen. The best you can hope for is what they are producing now.  Some stuff just can't be replicated.  You would think they could given the modern advances in technology but nah.  To think that they would re-master the Air Jordan II with the original Italian leather and the winged box would be incredible.
smokin.gif
  But let's be real, no way in hell are they going to produce a basketball shoe like that again with that type of leather.  
mean.gif

I wholeheartedly agree with your assessment.  David Copperfield analogy and all.  Smoke and mirrors my friend.  Smoke and mirrors.  
ohwell.gif

if there is no improvement within the 1,5/2 years

and they keep raising the price i will say goodbye to their magician shoes

note to Jordan brand marketing department i demand that jordan 3-8

will get their OG shape back or i gonna bring my $$$$ to Reebok

they still pulling out david copperfied techniques
Man I gave up on ever hoping for the original shape, leather, or anything that has dealt with the Air Jordan retro.  I'm 37 so I've been around since the first pair of Air Jordans dropped.  Its just not going to happen. The best you can hope for is what they are producing now.  Some stuff just can't be replicated.  You would think they could given the modern advances in technology but nah.  To think that they would re-master the Air Jordan II with the original Italian leather and the winged box would be incredible. :smokin   But let's be real, no way in hell are they going to produce a basketball shoe like that again with that type of leather.  :smh:

I wholeheartedly agree with your assessment.  David Copperfield analogy and all.  Smoke and mirrors my friend.  Smoke and mirrors.  :\

honestly though would it be crazy if they took one of their og to 99/03 molds in their vaults of any jordan or bought one off of ebay :lol: and ripped it apart and try to put that exact mold/shape whatever into some 3d printer and recreate all that in future "remastered" jordans?

Last edited by a moderator:
honestly though would it be crazy if they took one of their og to 99/03 molds in their vaults of any jordan or bought one off of ebay :lol: and ripped it apart and try to put that exact mold/shape whatever into some 3d printer and recreate all that in future "remastered" jordans?

Not crazy at all. In fact that's kind of what I thought they were going to do, or at least some version of that.

Last edited:
As soon as I heard JB was telling people they hired a dude from Germany with a degree in shoe making to fix the retros, I knew this was a elaborate troll job. :lol:

Ralph Lauren, unlike JB not only has their own archive of every single collection they have released which includes actual products, fabrics, design boards etc. Even if they don't have physical pieces, they consult collectors/ vintage collectors when they wish to recreate a sweater for example.  

JB, or essentially nike, should keep records of ALL of their products especially because the heart of JB's revenue comes their retros. And if not, I'm sure JB can contact the many people who collected Jordans since the beginning. 

But we all know JB has all the OG molds, designs, etc. and is just BSing us. 

JB, or essentially nike, should keep records of ALL of their products especially because the heart of JB's revenue comes their retros. And if not, I'm sure JB can contact the many people who collected Jordans since the beginning. 

But we all know JB has all the OG molds, designs, etc. and is just BSing us. 

I know you ended by saying that you're aware that they do, but just in case you'd like confirmation/haven't seen this. 1:40 is where the relevant part is.

[Video]Tinker Hatfield & Nike | How I Rock It | Esquire …: [/Video]

Last edited:
just taking a look at those 2015 columbia ivs man they still have that banana shape toe box. "remastered" to jb = remastered ways to increase profits by cheapening the materials, using off colors, making shoes more hollow, removing extra stuff like retro cards, pamphlets, omitting nike air from jordans as much as possible (unless a miracle happens), and of course f ing the overall shape of the retros since 2004/5/6/7 to present.

it really seems the shape and overall shoe is continuing in a cheaper looking trend (unless a miracle happens :lol:)

View media item 1365347

no where even close

so sad

We should all spam JB Twitter and Nike with that pic, maybe use a hashtag to trend. Get their attention that we aren't morons and can see they BS.
BOYCOTTS DO WORK!!! LOOK AT SORORITY SISTERS GETTING CANCELED? OR EVEN THE BLACK FRIDAY BOYCOTT OR EXODUS BOYCOTT WHICH LOST COMPANIES MILLIONS OF DOLLARS!

We should all spam JB Twitter and Nike with that pic, maybe use a hashtag to trend. Get their attention that we aren't morons and can see they BS.

I'm usually not about dat internet activism. But this is a great idea

-I doubt it would make a difference in the general scheme of things but hopefully a few dudes wake up and realize they are being taken for suckas

Last edited:
:lol: #NotRemasteredJBBastards

It's a huge challenge to have people boycott JB, but people with enough social media influence can make them at least notice the message. It would be great just for them to know we are educated consumers.

Back
Top Bottom