Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

I wonder if people who have never seen OGs will get turned off my how different shoes like the 11s and 3s will look.

Even myself prefer the first retro of each theses shoe over its OG.

Dmp 11s have the best patent cut imo, not to highand not to low. My 2010 cool greys are very similar but the testof my holiday 11s all suck. Can't speak on gammas tho. Dont have em

OGs > DMPs > 00-01s > all the rest, thats my XIs favorites. The OG with that high cut is so sweet and are supposed to look like spats and they dont have that look with that tiny PL cut of the new releases

http://sole collector.com/news/according-to-forbes-michael-jordan-is-now-a-projected-billionaire/

JB remastering LOL, we just make him become billionaire

Simply disgusting how Nike/JB get a free pass for this 're-mastering' crap. They''re essentially telling their customer that they've released overpriced, low-quality sneakers for the past 6 years ('08-'14) and now the same customer has to re-buy the same sneakers again at a higher price point with materials and build quality that should've been standard to begin with.

Simply disgusting how Nike/JB get a free pass for this 're-mastering' crap. They''re essentially telling their customer that they've released overpriced, low-quality sneakers for the past 6 years ('08-'14) and now the same customer has to re-buy the same sneakers again at a higher price point with materials and build quality that should've been standard to begin with.

Past 6 years? A lot of problems begun in 2004 although in all fairness quality hasn't been completely terrible across the board and some have improved. Still, I haven't seen anything with this remastering that is cause for celebration.

Like I've said before, wait for demand to die down, then you'll see what these shoes are really worth. Remastered or not.

Demand is the fuel for Nike to drive these prices up. Remastering is another excuse to fool people into thinking it's OK, especially young cats who have disposable income.

Adidas superstars are high quality, but in the last 10 years only saw a 10-15 dollar price increase, probably due to inflation. Jordan's however, 70-80 dollar increase. Doesn't make sense. It's because Jordan's are too hot right now.

More importantly is Nike actually going to start giving their workers that approach something of a wage that amounts more to a few grains of rice? Nike's practices are utterly deplorable, its hard buying from them knowing how the shoes are being made.

And then even worse is coming on here to ***** about the quality.

this remastering is just a joke to me

they gonna give these so called remastered new retros better materials

but they refuse to give us the old shape, i would love to see the AJ4 back in their pre 2000 shape

Like I've said before, wait for demand to die down, then you'll see what these shoes are really worth. Remastered or not.

Demand is the fuel for Nike to drive these prices up. Remastering is another excuse to fool people into thinking it's OK, especially young cats who have disposable income.

Adidas superstars are high quality, but in the last 10 years only saw a 10-15 dollar price increase, probably due to inflation. Jordan's however, 70-80 dollar increase. Doesn't make sense. It's because Jordan's are too hot right now.

Only the limited pairs will go for 50 or more over retail at that point... If they are worn probably less than retail

Last edited:
this remastering is just a joke to me
they gonna give these so called remastered new retros better materials
but they refuse to give us the old shape, i would love to see the AJ4 back in their pre 2000 shape

The promised to go back to the OG shape too. Just that the samples they showe off just showed the improvement in materials

Most Sneakerheads are idiots end of story.  You can only pull stuff like this on dummies. You know the money ain't a thang, it ain't trickin if you got, YOLO types.

I don't give my money to jb..I enjoy the hunt for older stuff still in tact

Leave the beast games for the boys

I don't give my money to jb..I enjoy the hunt for older stuff still in tact

Leave the beast games for the boys
Feels. I knew some **** was up when the '88s released so I went on a wild hunch and sold all my JB pairs. Literally everything, '03 Flu Games, '01 Columbias, '08 Hares, and a couple more "gems" for a very, I mean very small profit lol. All in hopes that the '88s were a sign that JB would retro more models with NA. Plus I wasn't putting the majority of my kicks to use so I was like, **** it. Thank goodness I was right, even though before this remastering news I was waking up every morning thinking I ****** up BAD, telling my "You are the biggest idiot of the decade, and we just 3 years in".

Two lessons learned, JB is extra shady for this **** they're pulling, and only buy what I need instead of having shoes rotting in my closet with no purpose except for reminding me that I spent that kinda money for no reason just because I like them.

Patience is a virtue. It is said over and over, but very few practice what they preach.

I've been on the fence now recently bro
Should I is the question ..

I wore some ds french blues..03 flu games..I told myself man you're crazy for even thinking of selling...quality is great the shape everything.. But I work alot and can profit crazy.. All bought at retail..I'm swimming in shoes. And im secure gated, system, security dogs and all but anything can happen a fire or anything then what?..I can pad my pockets ninjahood nice with what I got lol..

But I still don't know, should I?
You regret it??

Last edited:
I wanna hold a pair in hand before I judge but the prices are really getting a little too high for me to cop. I started slowing done A LOT this year just waiting for the holiday season like most for the VIs and XIs. I've only copped 2 retros this year so far....

Prices will continue to go up until retros start sitting on shelves. Guess I'm going to have to buy all my grails now instead of paying $300 retail 6 years from now

Last edited:
I hope they put a stop to Banana J's next year. what they did to the 6's
sick.gif

Smoke and mirrors folks, just smoke and mirrors. Nike is a business, and businesses strive for growth in revenue and profits. This linear revenue growth was not a mistake. A calculated premeditated move made by Nike’s top brass. In order to continue this trend, something had to be done. Damage control if you will. Raise prices, but make the consumer “think” that they are receiving a higher quality product.

Nike is a marketing genius.

chart-revenue-2013.png

I've been on the fence now recently bro
Should I is the question ..

I wore some ds french blues..03 flu games..I told myself man you're crazy for even thinking of selling...quality is great the shape everything.. But I work alot and can profit crazy.. All bought at retail..I'm swimming in shoes. And im secure gated, system, security dogs and all but anything can happen a fire or anything then what?..I can pad my pockets ninjahood nice with what I got lol..

But I still don't know, should I?
You regret it??
Me? I honestly don't regret it one bit. We all know JB is going to eventually retro everything with the quality and correct branding. It's not even about the fact that a fire or something may ruin your collection but that's just it. Do you need a collection? Do people need to be swimming in their shoes? I wouldn't say I was swimming but I had a nice decent little collection, anywhere from 90-100 pairs. Now I have 7-8 pairs and I feel better about having 7-8 pairs than what I used to have.

Now they're remastering their retro's and I'm won't have a problem picking and choosing some of these remastered versions should they come correct with quality and NA like they said they would, "bringing it back to as close as possible to Michael's playing days". And technically I got my money back for all the "****" they admitted to giving us these past couple of years.

Win-Win in my eyes.

I think the bad quality started with the white/green and cool grey 4s release way back 04-05. Shape was weird and the netting adhered to the mesh. I remember saying to myself, all 4s are gonna look like this from now on, guess what, they all did. :smh: And continue to.

I think the bad quality started with the white/green and cool grey 4s release way back 04-05. Shape was weird and the netting adhered to the mesh. I remember saying to myself, all 4s are gonna look like this from now on, guess what, they all did.
mean.gif
And continue to.
Don't forget them weak A** Fire red IVs "Mars". Shape ,netting everything was just off.

If they don't fix the cracking on 3's and 4's midsoles then this is all one big joke that I won't be laughing at.

jb will never go back to its original quality standards. The shoes would last too long and they do not want this.

Back
Top Bottom