:frown:
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
Im done.
Chi-Town
Home of Blackiceblaze, easy3000,Flipmode11, Flip Jayz, Slp Product,The Shoe Factory and joser84​

How about the irony, of the message. True the negative are the fake J's but what's being projected is the tag for Jordan brand. Could one look at it as Jordan brand sending a message of "they know" what's up, or perhaps even the humor of it.

Quote:
So, you don't care about fakes, but you kinda do, but you still gonna wear that t-shirt anyway?

I feel sad for dudes like 160.... bet 10 bucks he would sell fakes or would wear them..

[/b]​

Billy Hoyle:

Quote:
Did it possibly occur to you that I give out info in a way to help my fellow NTers who have simple questions that I sometimes have answers to?

Yes, that did occur to me. I'm not trying to fault anyone here bro. All I'm saying is that JB knows what it is doing by giving you guys info/samples and you guys are reaping the benefitrs of it.

Did you really never get ANYTHING from JB (like me and the majority of people on this board)? I seem to remember at DMP time you paid cost and get discounts all the time. You are at least getting hook ups....therefore, you are indirectly being paid by JB.

Again, if it wasn't for you guys this board would be nothing so I'm not faulting you. All I'm saying is that JB/Nike is spreading hype through you guys.

Maybe I'm wrong and some of you do it because you love sneakers, you get info and you want to tell everybody. If so, that's really great. I have a feeling that's not the case with most people who drop info on here.

BACK TO THE TOPIC:

JB really needs to get their priorities straight. Like most have said, they no longer put forth what the brand used to represent. That is a shame.

Seriously now, can you IMAGINE if Louis Vitton (sp?) put fake bags in an ad? Can you imagine if they put a picture of a fake bag on one of their products? What JB has done in these two instances is really ridiculous.

And what will they do about it? NOTHING. That is the biggest shame of it all. They put fakes in an ad and then you hear they may produce them? Jesus....so JB takes cues from the fake makers now?

I wish there was a way all of us could say something to them. I wish when Bobbito or Sole Collector went to JB they asked real questions. When the latest issue of sole collector came out and there was an interview with JB, why was the only question asked "why are there so many colors of the XIV?" Why didn't they ask what was up with the fugazi III's....or why they produce limited numbers of things everyone wants? Look, I'm not blaming these people....I'm just frustrated with where all this has come to.

If I had the chance, hereis what I would ask JB:

(1) What have you done to address the use of fakes in ads?
(2) Why do you intentionally release limited numbers of things you know will sell out?
(3) Why do you put plastic wings on the DEFEATED IV's but not on any IV that is available to true fans?
(4) How does a picture of a fake pair of sneakers end up on a JB shirt? How will you make sure that doesn't happen in the future?
(5) Why do fake Jordans look closer to the real thing than the retros you release?

I don't see how there could be a positive message out of the fakes in the ad and the fakes on the shirt. There was no message on the ad and there is no message now. If there even was a message behind the fakes in the ad were is it now? Exactly so there is no message behind this right now. Jordan Brand put out a shirt with a pair of fakes pictured on it and that's what it comes down to. No positive reasoning behind it right now and no positive reasoning will come out of it in the future.
New Jersey Nets
#15 Vince Carter #35 Jason Collins #24 Richard Jefferson #5 Jason Kidd - C #12 Nenad Krstic
# 0 Jeff Mcinnis #31 Lamond Murray #7 Bostjan Nachbar #34 Scott Padgett #10 Zoran Planinic
#30 Clifford Robinson #11 Jacque Vaughn #21 Antoine Wright #41 John Thomas

Quote:
(2) Why do you intentionally release limited numbers of things you know will sell out?
(3) Why do you put plastic wings on the DEFEATED IV's but not on any other IV?
(4) How does a picture of a fake pair of sneakers end up on a JB shirt? How will you make sure that doesn't happen in the future?
(5) Why do fake Jordans look closer to the real thing than the retros you release?

1) I have seen nothing done about that ad and what has become of it.
2) A lot of the limited releases Jordan Brand puts out could even sell out if they were a general release so what point is there in making a shoe that fans and collectors want and then a limited stamp gets put on it and a lot of fans and collectors now can't get their hands on them. No reason to add up more hype by making a shoe a limited release when there is already hype if they came out as a general release.
3) The fire red IV's have plastic wings and so do the DEFEATED IV's why can't the others have them as well? Why can't a shoe that everybody likes the Military IV's include plastic wings? Ruined a classic shoe by putting leather on them and now they look like fakes. Would it be that hard to put plastic on instead of leather when we are talking about a classic here?
4) Unacceptable that this has happened in an ad and now on a shirt that is approved by Michael himself, or so it is said. No reason it should have happened in an ad and no reason it should be on a product of the company as well.
5) Fakes look like some of the retro's coming out in the future because of all the changes made to them. If they are major or small they are still being made and being made to look like fakes; example. Military IV's.

New Jersey Nets
#15 Vince Carter #35 Jason Collins #24 Richard Jefferson #5 Jason Kidd - C #12 Nenad Krstic
# 0 Jeff Mcinnis #31 Lamond Murray #7 Bostjan Nachbar #34 Scott Padgett #10 Zoran Planinic
#30 Clifford Robinson #11 Jacque Vaughn #21 Antoine Wright #41 John Thomas

Yea. If JB comes back with anything along the lines of, "yea it was sending a positive message against fakes" or anything like that, you'd be a brainwashed idiot to believe it.

The simple fact is that they got TOO careless, messed up BADLY (in the minds of real shoe heads), and WE NOTICED. That is what it boils down to.

Quote:
Did you really never get ANYTHING from JB (like me and the majority of people on this board)? I seem to remember at DMP time you paid cost and get discounts all the time. You are at least getting hook ups....therefore, you are indirectly being paid by JB.

I'm a Nike employee. I do have access to discounts. I waited in line like everyone else for hours to get the DMP. Please trust that nobody would ever get any extra benefits for posting information online. :lol:
laugh.gif
@ the thought of being hooked up due to your online recognizance.

Insinuating I get paid extra or get "hook ups" for posting info is insulting and untrue. Get outta here with that bull @#%$.

I just got done reading this entire post. This is crazy and I can'e believe that jb lets this happen. Jb is fallin off the map. Very nice idea for a shirt but man, they get paid those big dollars and make a mistake like that.

Baby j- thanks for the info but you got to help us out. WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON A JB? I found a pair of fake iv's with the plastic wings. How do fakes get them but we don't? Does jb give a damn about fakes? I just seems to me like nothing is being done about this. How do we see fakes of new shoes before we see sample pics? Its just crazy. Somebody in brand jordan is doing some shaddy stuff. But there is nothing I can do about it. I love the iv's. My favortie shoe out of the line (behind the xi's). Man... :smh:
nono.gif

:smh:
nono.gif

That @#%$ is crazyy.......
At first i was like :rolleyes
eyes.gif
ok im sure they're gonna do that....then :nerd:
nerd.gif
started looking mad hard....and everything in the pic and shirt are identical :wow:
eek.gif
...that gets a big :stoneface:
indifferent.gif
:rofl:
roll.gif
:smh:
nono.gif

`1
Reppen Staten Island, Ny, The Forgotten Borough
Aim: Darocafella4
E-Mail: Darocafella21@msn.com

Quote:
Insinuating I get paid extra or get "hook ups" for posting info is insulting and untrue. Get outta here with that bull .

Agreed, why are we taking shots at fellow NTer's regardless of them recieving samples from JB or not? They are not a refelection of the company and they do not have any say in what the company does or does not do. Re-direct your flames at JB and Gentry.

Quote:
If I had the chance, hereis what I would ask JB:

(3) Why do you put plastic wings on the DEFEATED IV's but not on any IV that is available to true fans?

I agree, man. The only person who we all know that has the chance to ask these questions is Retrokid.
Man, Retrokid has to stop being such a "behind" kisser (sorry for the disrespect, man
ohwell.gif
) and ask the REAL questions that all of us want to know the answers to. He is the voice that is supposed to represent our culture.
tired.gif

Quote:
How OLD are you slim? Every post I read of yours that is semi-serious (and non-"I got this early" related) is so contradictory and makes confusing sense.

:lol:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You should read his posts on HT, dude is racist also.........

Get outta here!

I read every post in this thread, everyone is turning on each other instead of making a collective effort to thwart this dilemna.

To sum it up I found out JB produced a shirt with fakes on it. RockDeep wears fakes on the regular, hope he elaborates on this.

Snuggles, Flip Jay and BabyJ provide valuable info but their intentions may be deceiving. I always found it odd that Snuggles sells his early samples on Ebay.

I dont buy JB apparel so I wouldnt have known about this shirt if not for REDBRIM. It is a sad day. JB got their three strikes and they whiffed badly.

I know BabyJ said there will be no public apology. However it is in order based on all the mistakes that have occured with the company. It is foolish to leave their consumer base in the dark, it is not the way companies treat their consumers when a mistake is made. Issue a public apology by Miller or Gentry, but issue it, acknowledge your mistake. Dont send one of your minions to do your dirty work on shoe website.

If I had to pay retail I would have stopped buying kicks a long time ago........
Los Angeles Dodgers​
6 World Series Championships​
Campanella - Drysdale - Koufax - Lasorda - Robinson - Valenzuela - Hershiser - Gagne​

I was going to get that shirt when i picked up my Flints. and i thought there is something about that pic on da shirt, Just read the entire post. Man cant belive it.
The game is getting hard. Especially when da shorty down the street just picked up a pair of Cement III for $100. (fakes and people giving him props for them)
Xbox360 gamertag: Sweepea63

http://www.myspace.com/circo63

Quote:
Agreed, why are we taking shots at fellow NTer's regardless of them recieving samples from JB or not

I don't think anyone is taking shots. As Hovkid said, it's obvious. They can all deny it till their blue in the face, there are people on this board who get paid/benefits to hype of the shoes. It's simple, why would Nike not use this website as a method of advertisement? They wouldn't, they know how to make their cash, they know avenues to go down, and they have people hype up their garbage. To deny that Nike would pass up this messageboard as an avenue to advertise incredibly cheaply is ridiculous.

Do I care, not really, do I appreciate the "knowledge" they drop, sure, I like hearing about what's coming up, I'm just like anyone else, I anticipate things, but I also refuse to take everything at face value, there are deeper motives to some people's presence on the board than simply "love", not a conspiracy theory just simple logic.

3 strikes and no apology. CRAZY! :smh:
nono.gif

Buy the shirt as a collectable item. BS >:
mad.gif

Jordan Brand is falling. And falling hard. |I
tired.gif

how would you know there fake? its just a posture of shoes dont tell me you goin to look at the toe box and netting and all that isssh

I just want to make it clear that I was not trying to insult or disrespect anybody with what I was saying about hype and hook-ups. Billy Hoyle and Rockdeep are two of the best dudes on this board...and if it wasn't for people like them the board wouldn't exist. In fact, Rockdeep's posts are ussually some of the most well reasoned on the board (I've been saying that forever...since before he was a mod).

Look, I deal with MAJOR corporations on a daily basis. Granted, I'm an M&A lawyer, not a marketing executive, but if you think JB is giving samples to people for no reason you really need to think twice. I'm sorry, but companies don't do things withour reason....especially a company in the fashion/apparel industry.

Maybe JB is just a mess right now...maybe there are fools there giving out samples when they shouldn't. We know for sure fugazi III's made it into an ad and fake IV's got put on a JB shirt.

Quote:
The only person who we all know that has the chance to ask these questions is . Retrokid has to...ask the REAL questions that all of us want to know the answers to. He is the voice that is supposed to represent our culture

That, my friend, is what I'm saying. I'm sure its fun to go to sneaker competitions and get free kicks. But seriously man, with all due respect and absolutely no hate....I feel like retrokid left us in the dust and is basically one of them now. :frown:
frown.gif

Doesn't SOMEONE on this board have a legit connect in the news industry? There's more than enough here to write a decent story. ANYONE? This is New York Times worthy material here. A compnay putting fakes of its product in an ad AND on its shirts???????

this thread is funny....JB putting fakes up and don't wanna apologize for multiple mistakes...for a company thats supposedly trying to stop fakes they sure aren't showing it...and HOV's @#%$ about LV putting up fakes would be a no-no in the industry is completely right...how does a company that has products that get bootlegged so much end up putting the bootlegged @#%$ on their own line?not just once at that?...im glad ima be done wit JB soon...
Stop *****N'
Start a Revolution

means fake^^

Quote:
I'm also still waiting for my commision check after single-handedly selling out the entire outlet stock of $30 Nike Full-Zips.

laugh.gif

boy u ain't playing with that one...yo i called a outlet and they was like "how'd you find out about this sweater, your da 50th person to call about it today..are you from niketalk?"

team platano

Back
Top Bottom