Jordan his Airness, says he can score 100 points in NBA today.

sladewilson

Banned
"It's less physical and the rules have changed, obviously," said Jordan, who was promoting NBA 2K11 video game. "Based on these rules, if I had to play with my style of play, I'm pretty sure I would have fouled out or I would have been at the free throw line pretty often and I could have scored 100 points."

"It's less physical and the rules have changed, obviously," said Jordan, who was promoting NBA 2K11 video game. "Based on these rules, if I had to play with my style of play, I'm pretty sure I would have fouled out or I would have been at the free throw line pretty often and I could have scored 100 points."

Originally Posted by sladewilson

Originally Posted by Grimey

Originally Posted by Grimey

KB was able to drop 81, so I'm pretty sure Jordan ain't fronting when he says this. Just make sure his team plays the Raptors

KB was able to drop 81, so I'm pretty sure Jordan ain't fronting when he says this. Just make sure his team plays the Raptors

Even if actually could, who says that? I agree he reigns supreme as far as legends of the game go. But throughout his career he gave the proverbial speech about how his success was predicated on what the guys before him achieved throughout the years. By saying this he not only negates his true feelings regarding the subject, but he steals the thunder of guys trying to build on the previous era of NBA basketball. This is his HOF speech all over again. Less is more, Mike. Take a page from greats Hank Aaron, Larry Bird or Bill Russell and impart wisdom, not arrogance.

Even if actually could, who says that? I agree he reigns supreme as far as legends of the game go. But throughout his career he gave the proverbial speech about how his success was predicated on what the guys before him achieved throughout the years. By saying this he not only negates his true feelings regarding the subject, but he steals the thunder of guys trying to build on the previous era of NBA basketball. This is his HOF speech all over again. Less is more, Mike. Take a page from greats Hank Aaron, Larry Bird or Bill Russell and impart wisdom, not arrogance.

Mike is not a role model. He's just the most competitive guy ever so I'm not surprised when he says stuff like this.  If he had the chance, he would come back to play in the NBA for sure.

Mike is not a role model. He's just the most competitive guy ever so I'm not surprised when he says stuff like this.  If he had the chance, he would come back to play in the NBA for sure.

Originally Posted by Two One Supreme

Seriously? One quote can do all that?

Originally Posted by Two One Supreme

Seriously? One quote can do all that?

pimp.gif

I think a lot of folks who are doubting this fail to realize how physical the NBA was when Mike was in his prime.....dudes would get away w. murder as far as hand checking, hacking, and body blows. Look at the points Mike would put up against TOUGH EC team defenses like the Pistons, Knicks, Celtics, etc....it was kill or be killed out there.

*edit* realized I typed the same sentence twice....my bad
laugh.gif

I think a lot of folks who are doubting this fail to realize how physical the NBA was when Mike was in his prime.....dudes would get away w. murder as far as hand checking, hacking, and body blows. Look at the points Mike would put up against TOUGH EC team defenses like the Pistons, Knicks, Celtics, etc....it was kill or be killed out there.

*edit* realized I typed the same sentence twice....my bad
laugh.gif

someone Tell Mike to shut the %%@@ up. *$$@% aint droppin hundred on no one. If you aint drop a hundred on Labradford Smith or Craig Ehlo just shut the %%@@ up about it

30t6p3b.gif
tryin to undersell what cats like Kobe, Bron & KD are doin right now.

*%*+%$ from past eras always play up their %!*@ like "o we had it so rough"

and this brand of athlete is 5 times better than 10 yrs ago.

zip it mike before you start soundin like Oscar Robertson.

Back
Top Bottom