Jordan Luka 1

Still need these 3 to drop… 🤦🏻‍♂️
IMG_4369.jpeg IMG_4368.jpeg IMG_4367.jpeg

Saw the Easters and the Tinkers in person. They're cool, but the Dog Dad in me now thinks I'm going with the Footprints.

*Experiment*

I've made it well known that the cushion on these shoes as absolutely dog water. Such shame considering that everything else from lockdown to traction is top tier.

I was cleaning up and I found these.. completely forgot I had them. I put them in the shoes and they were too big, ok np.. I trimmed the sides, forefoot and heel area so it would sit properly in the shoe, and the fit is pretty much perfect.

It made the shoe ever so slightly tighter due to the height but this should force the rest of the materials in the shoe to expand a bit more and *should* get better the more I wear them. Initial try on the shoe feels much better and I don't feel any instability.. even with the extra thickness it didn't make them uncomfortable at all. I'll give them a go later this week when I have a game.

IMG_3267.JPG
IMG_3265.JPG
IMG_3266.JPG

IMG_3268.JPG

I searched my gmail and I bought them for $10 back in 2013. Unfortunately, I see similar products on ebay for $50+ now because, you know greed, I mean inflation! Quick search on aliexpress has more options for around $10.

*Experiment*

I've made it well known that the cushion on these shoes as absolutely dog water. Such shame considering that everything else from lockdown to traction is top tier.

I was cleaning up and I found these.. completely forgot I had them. I put them in the shoes and they were too big, ok np.. I trimmed the sides, forefoot and heel area so it would sit properly in the shoe, and the fit is pretty much perfect.

It made the shoe ever so slightly tighter due to the height but this should force the rest of the materials in the shoe to expand a bit more and *should* get better the more I wear them. Initial try on the shoe feels much better and I don't feel any instability.. even with the extra thickness it didn't make them uncomfortable at all. I'll give them a go later this week when I have a game.

IMG_3267.JPG
IMG_3265.JPG
IMG_3266.JPG

IMG_3268.JPG

I searched my gmail and I bought them for $10 back in 2013. Unfortunately, I see similar products on ebay for $50+ now because, you know greed, I mean inflation! Quick search on aliexpress has more options for around $10.
Please keep us posted on how it all turns out. 💯 agree with you…cushion really hold these back from elite levels...such a shame 🤦🏻‍♂️

I had bought one of those zoom insoles, but it didn't have the carrier. I wish it did. Unfortunately it was just a long zoom bag, but makes the usage pretty nill

I had bought one of those zoom insoles, but it didn't have the carrier. I wish it did. Unfortunately it was just a long zoom bag, but makes the usage pretty nill

i have those laying around too, and yes, you're correct. i was thinking about desconstructing the shoe and gluing it in, but that's a lot of work.

you can get the carrier with zoom on aliexpress if you want to give it a try.. i'll have a performance review for ya'll by friday

*Experiment*

IMG_3267.JPG
IMG_3265.JPG
IMG_3266.JPG

IMG_3268.JPG

So I played a full game in these tonight

The full length zoom makes this shoe an elite shoe hands down.

The only draw back right now is that they are snug so my feet felt numb at first (expected this). I kind of cranked the laces on purpose so the materials would stretch as I played. so I loosened them up at half and the numbness subsided but didn’t completely disappear. I imagine this will go away the more they break in properly.

I was expecting instability and heel slippage, however, I didn't notice either of those.

Back
Top Bottom