Jordan Retro 1 High “Laser” aka Custom Lasers Thread

Nice work! The glossy finish doesn't look bad by any means. And the blue lace tips give it that extra bit of flair. I'm gonna paint my lace tips green now lol 
nthat.gif

I'm officially caving in this weekend and buying all the materials I need to customize a pair. Should I make frags or royals?

My buddy @customsoules (on IG) finished up my Laser Royals...

nthat.gif
The Air Jordan sign could use a little more work but besides that its clean... 

I think thats the only part I'm nervous about doing w/ my custom... 

Seems a bit tedious and really time consuming.... 

I'm officially caving in this weekend and buying all the materials I need to customize a pair. Should I make frags or royals?
Royals will take longer but I prefer them over frags. That's just me though. I like to wear black more than white. Either or, you won't see many people wearing those colorways.

Royals will take longer but I prefer them over frags. That's just me though. I like to wear black more than white. Either or, you won't see many people wearing those colorways.
Frags would be harder to make since you dont have much space for mistakes vs the royals that allow you to make mistakes then cover it with black.

Frags would be harder to make since you dont have much space for mistakes vs the royals that allow you to make mistakes then cover it with black.
sick.gif
man I don't eem trust myself with royals, i got shaky hands like a mf

about to just pay someone to do it for me, anybody know any reliable customizers who won't charge out the butt for them?

Last edited:

sick.gif

about to just pay someone to do it for me, anybody know any reliable customizers who won't charge out the butt for them?
Probably someone on this thread. I'd do it but I haven't even finished mine yet
laugh.gif

What's the idea with the Lasers at Jimmy Jazz? Are they on sale at all of their brick & mortar stores? I would consider for $100.

What's the idea with the Lasers at Jimmy Jazz? Are they on sale at all of their brick & mortar stores? I would consider for $100.
Apparently, they were $109 at the stores... people seem to be having a hard time finding pairs though so maybe a lot of them have been scooped up. Still probably worth calling/going to the store if you still want a pair.

sick.gif

he said in another vid he would do it for 55+shipping.

Don't see much of the sole pics on thos customized shoes. Maybe because it looks terrible due to uneven dye. Which have been a problem to some..

Looks good man.. Why are there people complaining about excess dye pooling on some areas of the sole.? Did you have some problem with that?

Don't see much of the sole pics on thos customized shoes. Maybe because it looks terrible due to uneven dye. Which have been a problem to some..
I think I got mine to look pretty good. After the wipe down, it was definitely a little more pinkish.
Looks good man.. Why are there people complaining about excess dye pooling on some areas of the sole.? Did you have some problem with that?
After second coat, there was so much excess dye. Took me a while and many paper towels and a whole rag with acetone and a ton of alcohol pads to take off most of it. I gave up and I think it should be ok now.

I think I got mine to look pretty good. After the wipe down, it was definitely a little more pinkish.

View media item 1565407

After second coat, there was so much excess dye. Took me a while and many paper towels and a whole rag with acetone and a ton of alcohol pads to take off most of it. I gave up and I think it should be ok now.
Looks better, are you planning in making it darker? Im done with the upper the only thing left is the sole and im trying to make the dye process as even as possible. Saw retrosneaker vid and his sole dye looks bad mostly at the center of the sole.

Looks better, are you planning in making it darker? Im done with the upper the only thing left is the sole and im trying to make the dye process as even as possible. Saw retrosneaker vid and his sole dye looks bad mostly at the center of the sole.
Nahhhhhh. When you start dying, you'll see why I don't want to try putting another coat. It's good enough for my taste. What you want to do is put a thin layer first even if it's not the darkness you want, and let it dry completely. Wipe it down a bit and then put another layer and let it dry completely again. Repeat til you get the evenness and color you want. Only unevenness I see on my pair is this tiny spot after the numerous wipes. Good luck man!

Edit: P.S. Make sure you're careful because that dye is super messy. I ended up smearing a bit onto the midsole when I was wiping off excess.

Last edited:
Nahhhhhh. When you start dying, you'll see why I don't want to try putting another coat. It's good enough for my taste. What you want to do is put a thin layer first even if it's not the darkness you want, and let it dry completely. Wipe it down a bit and then put another layer and let it dry completely again. Repeat til you get the evenness and color you want. Only unevenness I see on my pair is this tiny spot after the numerous wipes. Good luck man!

Edit: P.S. Make sure you're careful because that dye is super messy. I ended up smearing a bit onto the midsole when I was wiping off excess.
Thanx fam.. I will get on it next week and will
Post some pics when im done.

Back
Top Bottom