Jordan Retro 1 High “Laser” aka Custom Lasers Thread

Nice work!! 

I'm really debating whether or not to paint the soles or just leave them as is... 

I think they look good just the way they are... 

Repped!
I thought they looked pretty cool with the icey soles as well but cant stand that they will turn yellow after a while so dyeing them is a must for me

Damn you guys been putting work. I wish i had more time in my hands after my frags i haven't had a chance to start my next one.

frags colorway will retro most likely... it will not have the lightning bolt of course but i believe the colorway will retro

I wish there was never a lightning bolt in the first place. That damn collab made them so hard to get

If they were just "royal blacktoes" things would be different. Such a great colorway

there any people that have these done already you can purchase? or anyone that will do them for you? i don't think i could do that wings logo 
ohwell.gif

I noticed that the sock liner faded a little after heat setting (gac 900 method). Anyone else notice this?

Last edited:
I noticed that the sock liner faded a little after heat setting (gac 900 method). Anyone else notice this?

Yup, I noticed that today while I was working on my pairs. I first started with the sock liner, finished heat setting on Wednesday. I then acetoned the uppers and thought the faded appearance probably came from the cottons swabs leaving some lint. But now I know they did in fact fade just a bit.

View media item 1570388

Last edited:
Yup, I noticed that today while I was working on my pairs. I first started with the sock liner, finished heat setting on Wednesday. I then acetoned the uppers and thought the faded appearance probably came from the cottons swabs leaving some lint. But now I know they did in fact fade just a bit.
Ok so it's not just me. I don't know if I want to go back and put another coat. Also, as a tip, just use regular paint for the tag because the gac mixture is way too watery to do the lettering. Also just paint the whole tag black first because if you try to get around it, you're going to leave some of the tag white or just get black paint on the lettering anyways.

i put like 4 coats of black on my inner liner and it always fades a little (50-50 method). I thought i was because i just left them out and dust got on them but its not.

Last edited:

i put like 4 coats of black on my inner liner and it always fades a little (50-50 method). I thought i was because i just left them out and dust got on them but its not.
50-50 as in 50 paint and 50 water? Or 1:1 paint-gac 900? If that's the case, I won't bother putting another layer I guess.

View media item 1570388

Ok so it's not just me. I don't know if I want to go back and put another coat. Also, as a tip, just use regular paint for the tag because the gac mixture is way too watery to do the lettering. Also just paint the whole tag black first because if you try to get around it, you're going to leave some of the tag white or just get black paint on the lettering anyways.

IME dyeing suede black is difficult to do, doesn't seem to come out jet black. Seems like the same type of situation with the liner.

Back
Top Bottom