Jordan Retro 1 High “Laser” aka Custom Lasers Thread

Oh wow, thanks bruh. I looked under leather paint and didn't see it at all. Even asked on the chat and they told me no lol. Anybody know what color the shadows would be closer to?
They don't list all of the colors under the categories so you have to search it on the search bar. And I would think regular grey is fine.

So ive been done with these for a while. Came out pretty good. Just waiting on my laces to get here. They do have a imperfection here and there but its all good. Imma beat these to hell anyways
They look great! And yeah I think mine are going to be beaters too. The 1s are so versatile as long as the colorway falls under a single ROYGBV.

So ive been done with these for a while. Came out pretty good. Just waiting on my laces to get here. They do have a imperfection here and there but its all good. Imma beat these to hell anyways
Very nice! Your pair doesn't look glossy at all. 

For people that are having a hard time with the logo, do most of it with leather paint, then hit the details with a micro pen (Indian ink). This helped make my wings sharp

Finally ordered my supplies, got the shipping email and noticed I forgot the DULLER. I don't want to pay for shipping again, any suggestions? I want it to look like a factory finish, so is it imperative that I order it?

Finally ordered my supplies, got the shipping email and noticed I forgot the DULLER. I don't want to pay for shipping again, any suggestions? I want it to look like a factory finish, so is it imperative that I order it?
Buy Krylon matte finisher (it's a spray can) from Michaels. I used 10% duller but I didn't see much difference til I used krylon.

I made a few mistakes and got dye on the midsole. Acetone just wasn't strong enough to remove the dye. So I tried applying bleach and let the shoes dry in sunlight (bleach + sun is a wicked combo to whiten anything) and the results are decent. I don't know what else could remove the dye - possibly paint stripper or goof off?
I guess if you used the Krylon matte spray at the end, it would still do a good job.

Last edited:

I made a few mistakes and got dye on the midsole. Acetone just wasn't strong enough to remove the dye. So I tried applying bleach and let the shoes dry in sunlight (bleach + sun is a wicked combo to whiten anything) and the results are decent. I don't know what else could remove the dye - possibly paint stripper or goof off?

I guess if you used the Krylon matte spray at the end, it would still do a good job.
I feel like it's impossible not to get dye on the midsole when wiping off excess. Anyways, I ended up just painting over with white paint. If you spread it out evenly, it doesn't look like there's paint. Scrubbing with alcohol pads wasn't doing anything so I gave up and just touched it up with the paint.

I feel like it's impossible not to get dye on the midsole when wiping off excess. Anyways, I ended up just painting over with white paint. If you spread it out evenly, it doesn't look like there's paint. Scrubbing with alcohol pads wasn't doing anything so I gave up and just touched it up with the paint.
Yesterday I was so grumpy about it. I thought I totally ****** up my shoes because I was careless and clumsy when painting. I was thinking about painting the midsole, but I'm worried that over time the paint will crack. Bleaching hasn't been 100% perfect at removing the dye, but it's close enough for me to be happy with. I'll report back tomorrow with my results when I can check my shoes in the daylight.

Yesterday I was so grumpy about it. I thought I totally ****** up my shoes because I was careless and clumsy when painting. I was thinking about painting the midsole, but I'm worried that over time the paint will crack. Bleaching hasn't been 100% perfect at removing the dye, but it's close enough for me to be happy with. I'll report back tomorrow with my results when I can check my shoes in the daylight.
Oh you got like a brush stroke onto the midsole? I just smeared a faint portion when wiping. I barely put a coat of paint to cover it up. It shouldn't even crack with how small a coat I put on it.

Oh you got like a brush stroke onto the midsole? I just smeared a faint portion when wiping. I barely put a coat of paint to cover it up. It shouldn't even crack with how small a coat I put on it.
Yep brush strokes and drips. The dye stains were so bad I'm embarrassed even admitting it. I felt like a total n00b and was in such a grumpy mood. Bleach came to the rescue lol. 
eyes.gif

The same stuff as sole sauce or the sole clearing stuff angelus sells. The stuff you mix into the dye to dye your clear soles

Thanks @KVN. I might try a magic eraser.

What is 40 Vol ? Is it salon 40 vol hair peroxide dye?
Yeah. You can just use sole bright if you have it. They're the same. The peroxide plus the sun is what takes away yellowing from rubber soles. However, in this case since we kinda mixed it with the dye, I'm not too sure it would remove a dye stain on the midsole?

Last edited:
About to finally cave on 2 of these...gonna leave them as is though.  Love some of the custom ideas that have popped up in here, especially the Frag/SBB one.  I'll continue to admire from afar, still can't get with rocking customs for some reason.

Hope JB eventually drops a plain white NA 1.

About to finally cave on 2 of these...gonna leave them as is though.  Love some of the custom ideas that have popped up in here, especially the Frag/SBB one.  I'll continue to admire from afar, still can't get with rocking customs for some reason.

Hope JB eventually drops a plain white NA 1.
Afraid of someone calling you out on wearing "fakes"?

Back
Top Bottom