Jordan Retro 1 OG Royal returns April 1 2017

Literally the only reason I got them early and didn't check twice was cause if was Sole. Thats the kind of sway/cred these dudes hold in my opinion.

Anyway, they reached out. I'll touch base with them tomorrow.

Lastly, I'd like to share this. Dude specifically mentions the laces come like mine when they are smaller sizes (mine was 10). His were also laced like mine. Thoughts? pretty reputable IGer. Says that just because they are laced that way, does not mean they are fake.

I wear an 8.5/9 and have never had laces like that...

Literally the only reason I got them early and didn't check twice was cause if was Sole. Thats the kind of sway/cred these dudes hold in my opinion.

Anyway, they reached out. I'll touch base with them tomorrow.

Lastly, I'd like to share this. Dude specifically mentions the laces come like mine when they are smaller sizes (mine was 10). His were also laced like mine. Thoughts? pretty reputable IGer

Sounds like you received a fu pair, and are in denial. Get your money back asap! 

Guess we'll have to wait for the RD before any conclusions are finalized. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For now

:wink:

Last edited:
I've seen seeded pairs directly from Nike with those type of lace bags on the the RSBB 1's and Storm Blue 1's. All I know is Sole is 100% and I've been doing business with them for about 9 years now

Never heard a bad thing until today.

I wear an 8.5/9 and have never had laces like that...

I don't know anything anymore. I want to believe man.

Last edited:
I've seen seeded pairs directly from Nike with those type of lace bags on the the RSBB 1's and Storm Blue 1's. All I know is Sole is 100% and I've been doing business with them for about 9 years now
Not 9 years but I too have been doing business with SS for a long time. They're as legit as any retailer as far as I'm concerned.

Their rep is way too important for them to risk any fakes slipping through the cracks like that.

Jordans came way before and made the man stylish. He got popular, gained followers, puts out ugly trash that people gobble up. First time i saw those ugly colored booots with velcro and what looked like a flapjacket drapped on it. Call that a taste maker?
This man is 2000% correct

It could be an honest mistake. No consignment store can be 100% accurate with every single pair they get in. It comes with the territory when you deal with anything 2nd hand. None of these guys are certified "authenticaters" within Nike.

If it was an honest mistake they should without hesitation offer you a refund and clear up the issue and discontinue stock till they get pairs from official retailers with receipts after release date. If they're not willing to take that small loss then they're dumb or completely shady and will lose business thru word of mouth

Man, I am ready! Only a week away from the raffle round-up.. and two from gettin em in hand. :nthat: Haven't had much else on the radar since ASW.

Wowwwwww Those FNL pics 
nerd.gif
pimp.gif
nthat.gif
smokin.gif
 Can't freaking wait!!!

dunksrnice made a recent video on instagram noting how some smaller sized pairs will come with laces wrapped differently 

I don't know man....sounds like a cover up. There's pics of size 8s with regular lace bundle.
Guess we won't know till people get their pairs come release day.

My pair was laced just like his. I guess the only thing is mine is a size 10, not the smallest of sizes.
Word man. It just doesn't sound right.
And let's be real, the dude in the video's logic is that smaller sized pairs came with longer laces than the big sized pairs. That doesn't make sense

I was going to turn that into a joke too :lol:

My only real opinion of this issue right now is that if you live down the street from the shop and have had money pass both ways between you and them multiple times, then they deserved a face to face convo before you took it to IG and made a mess of things.

Last edited:
It could be an honest mistake. No consignment store can be 100% accurate with every single pair they get in. It comes with the territory when you deal with anything 2nd hand. None of these guys are certified "authenticaters" within Nike.

If it was an honest mistake they should without hesitation offer you a refund and clear up the issue and discontinue stock till they get pairs from official retailers with receipts after release date. If they're not willing to take that small loss then they're dumb or completely shady and will lose business thru word of mouth
Well yeah, but SS is more accurate compared to other shops because the owner is literally always there. He probably has people trying to sell him fakes all the time. The reason fakes get slipped in at places like Flight Club is because it could just be a regular employee taking the shoe.

why hasn't anybody just asked the dude to post pics of the actual shoe (from all angles and close-ups on the important parts)?

Are there 4 lines on the top of the lace bag?

Are the R and D on the "Jordan" on the wings logo connected?

Does the number below the bar code on the size label of the box match the bar code number on the size tag inside the shoe?

Do the shoes have the same glue smell that authentic pairs have?

These are just some of the questions that must be answered. Let's see some up close pics that address the above questions.

Last edited:

Are there 4 lines on the top of the lace bag?

Are the R and D on the "Jordan" on the wings logo connected?

Does the number below the bar code on the size label of the box match the bar code number on the size tag inside the shoe?

Do the shoes have the same glue smell that authentic pairs have?

These are just some of the questions that must be answered. Let's see some up close pics that address the above questions.
Unfortunately these questions WILL NOT BE ANSWERED until the week of the release date.......which is 2 weeks away.

Usually the sneaker blogs will have official retail pairs from Nike to review and post up on the FB/Twitter feeds for everyone to see.  The fact that Sole Supremacy is the first consignment shop to now sell a "suspected fake" is alarming to say the least.

But only the week of the release date will answer the question of what is a "legit pair" and what isn't

Back
Top Bottom