Jordan Retro 11 Low "Black/Red" To Release In 2015 (05/23/15 $170)

No, he wore Concord Lows during the parade.

There is a pic of him wearing the Red Liners but it's very zoomed in on the shoe so not sure if anyone knows where the pic was taken?

THIS.
MJ wore the Concord Lows with white sockliner which were also PEs.

MJ's XI shoes confirmed wearing in the NBA:

- concord mids sample with No. 45 in NBA playoffs game 1 and 2 against Orlando
- black concord mids sample with No. 45 in NBA playoffs game 4, 5 and 6
- concord mids with 23 (whole NBA season 1995/1996
- columbia mids with 23 stitched on the heel (ASG 1996)
- black red mids (most games in the post season 1996)
- black red low I.E. in several playoff games against New York and Orlando
- black red low PEs with black sockliner in at least 1 game against Seattle in the NBA Finals 1996 (probably in several games)
- concord lows with white sockliner Championship parade in Chicago
- white/navy mids PE in training match with the Wizards
- cool greys in several games in both seasons when playing for the Wizards

Last edited:
THIS.

- black red low PEs with black sockliner in at least 1 game against Seattle in the NBA Finals 1996 (probably in several games)

Damn son thought i just saw the mj wiki page on nt. Lol

THIS.

He wore the space jams in one game for sure, I have pick in my 100% Jordan mag, which came out in 97

170 for lows? Mine as well find you the mids those can be had for a bit more
laugh.gif
at retail, yes. Resell market, no

MJ wore so many variations of the "patent leathers" that its been frustrating over the years "hoping" Nike would release all of them at some point.

If you were into basketball and into Jordans back when MJ came back from baseball, it was a glorious time. That playoff game against the Magic was magnificent. I remember watching his feet trying to figure out exactly what material the "new Js" were made of.

Once I realized they were patent leather, I couldn't believe it. I was literally repeating over and over, "Jordan put patent leather on a basketball shoe" :nthat: Dude was the Michael Jackson of sports.

History states that they did not have time to make a black playoff shoe when he came back out of retirement. Those "space jams" or what look like space jams were actually the concords. Jordan had to dye the white mesh black to keep from getting a fine from the league. Even read somewhere years ago it wasn't dye he used but actually black kiwi shoe polish. It was on an old interview somewhere back in the late 90's

This talks about the fine. I remember some staff member talking how they had to dye the shoes years ago because it wasn't enough time to make an all black shoe to go with league rules. Kinda like what Penny Hardaway had to do with the sharpie on his royal foams.
http://www.sneakerfiles.com/air-jor...l-og-11-xi-concords-white-black-dark-concord/

Last edited:
History states that they did not have time to make a black playoff shoe when he came back out of retirement. Those "space jams" or what look like space jams were actually the concords. Jordan had to dye the white mesh black to keep from getting a fine from the league. Even read somewhere years ago it wasn't dye he used but actually black kiwi shoe polish. It was on an old interview somewhere back in the late 90's

This talks about the fine. I remember some staff member talking how they had to dye the shoes years ago because it wasn't enough time to make an all black shoe to go with league rules. Kinda like what Penny Hardaway had to do with the sharpie on his royal foams.
http://www.sneakerfiles.com/air-jor...l-og-11-xi-concords-white-black-dark-concord/

That would make sense, as I always thought it was weird that the Jumpman on the ankle looked black versus SJ blue. Since they were Concords, the Jumpman would've remained black, and they had to paint/dye the mesh and leather.

Nice find!

That would make sense, as I always thought it was weird that the Jumpman on the ankle looked black versus SJ blue. Since they were Concords, the Jumpman would've remained black, and they had to paint/dye the mesh and leather.

Nice find!

I remember these stories in the 90's. Show called Nba inside stuff hosted by Ahmad Rashad used to have a lot of lil tid bits.

I remember these stories in the 90's. Show called Nba inside stuff hosted by Ahmad Rashad used to have a lot of lil tid bits.

A "show called NBA Inside Stuff" lol! :smile:

Man, Inside Stuff was legendary! My Saturdays were Inside Stuff and Hangtime back-to-back!

Last edited:
View media item 1447575Saw them on foot yesterday at a sneaker convention, I bought a couple shoes from him so figured he'd be fine with taking a shot of his kicks. I was fairly impressed with them.

And for those assuming they were fake, he works for finish line and has ties with a Nike rep from what he said.. No idea what's true, I didn't inspect the shoe thoroughly cuz I really didn't care, but I had reason to believe he was being honest.

Just thought I'd share

Back
Top Bottom