Jordan Retro 11 Low "Black/Red" To Release In 2015 (05/23/15 $170)

Midnight? Release is at 10am est.
if he really really really really wants these, he can start prepping at midnight for the 3am releases overseas. if he strikes out on those sites, he still has 10am for the american sites.

I don't resell and always just want one pair, so it's simple: Once I get a call, I tell that store I'll be there Saturday morning to buy the shoe. Doesn't matter which store calls first, they get my business. Any later calls I get, I thank them very much for drawing my name, but say I've already got a call from someone else, so they can toss my ticket and draw some other lucky bastard's name for the shoe.

What I never do is just not show up to pick up a shoe i won. I always thank them very much but say I'm not getting it right there on the phone. Don't want to burn any bridges with my stores. There will be other shoes and raffles soon enough, and I fear that if I leave the impression that I am buying the shoe but then don't show up, the next time I fill out a raffle ticket an employee might remember me as the "**** who won the raffle but then didn't tell us he wasn't getting the shoe", and throw my raffle ticket into the trash can rather than the entry bin.

So yes, I do fear being "blacklisted", but not for not buying a shoe if I win a raffle, but for not telling the store when they call that I won't be buying the shoe. 
 I was thinking about doing what you do and telling the stores that call me after I won my first raffle, that i've already won. However, I have seen screw ups and them sell a shoe someone has won on "accident" I think I would rather make sure I have my pair in my hand before giving up all my others wins. 

it's definitely worth it because 300 compared to 170 is definitely up my alley lol so you think I should do store direct? or online midnight? This Is a 7.5 we're talking about also I'm NERVOUS
7.5?? Ok..then fulton Footaction IS NOT a good spot to go. They hardly get any sizes under 9

if he really really really really wants these, he can start prepping at midnight for the 3am releases overseas. if he strikes out on those sites, he still has 10am for the american sites.

Start prepping at midnight for a 3am release? Might as well just wait in line lol

Last edited:
Footaction, downtown brooklyn on fulton street, will give out guaranteed tickets for these around 4am-430am ..but they'll be people in line waiting for the tickets as early as midnight. I would go there..between 1am-2am. Wait 2-3 hrs til the dude shows up to give out the guaranteed tix. Once u get the ticket..u leave...and come back 8am ..they'll start calling out tickets then.
Damn, I would hate to work at that Footaction. Imagine having to go to work at 3 AM just to prep. :x

Start prepping at midnight for a 3am release? Might as well just wait in line lol
i dont start at midnight. i hardly ever go for overseas drops. only time i did was for the oreo 4s, and i got them from hanon. im talking for his circumstances. hes new he says. so he may need time to gather up links for all the overseas drops.

Last edited:

I was thinking about doing what you do and telling the stores that call me after I won my first raffle, that i've already won. However, I have seen screw ups and them sell a shoe someone has won on "accident" I think I would rather make sure I have my pair in my hand before giving up all my others wins. 
I understand your point of view, and I do admit to feeling some trepidation when I tell the second store that calls to pull another ticket because I won't be getting them. At that moment, I do think "what if the first store screws up?".  But, so far, my fear of being "blacklisted" has trumped that fear.

I guess part of my attitude is that none of the horror stories have ever happened to me. I've won raffles for about 8 shoes in the past year and every time, the store has come through with the shoe as promised, no hassles or screwups.

So I imagine that if I were ever to get burned and miss out on a shoe, there is a strong chance I will change my policy to "make sure the shoe is in hand". But until then, I am willing to take the risk of getting burned to avoid the chance of being blacklisted.

Question: 

If you set a 1 or 2 pair maximum for an upcoming release, but yet you get more raffle winning calls/emails than what you plan to buy, what do you do with those extra winning pairs?

- Buy everything you win anything, then resell (hopefully for retail + tax).

- Tell the store "No thanks, give up my winning pair to someone else."

- Accept the winning raffle, but don't buy it and leave it as an unclaimed pair on RD.

Does anyone think that winning a raffle, but not picking up the sneaker 'tarnishes' your reputation with that store, and you get black listed from winning any future raffles at that store?

TOO TRUE! I know someone who had their Legend Blue 11s raffle win "accidentally" sold to someone else. Luckily my friend had another raffle win at a near by store, so I agree that having the shoe in hand first is a most secure way to go.  Granted the Legend Blue 11 had an extremely higher demand compared to this weekend release, but the principle in getting screwed over from a reserved/promised pair is unforgiving no matter what release we're talking about.

7.5?? Ok..then fulton Footaction IS NOT a good spot to go. They hardly get any sizes under 9
wow okay good to know lol I guess I'm going to go for foot locker with a chair from 1am. And I always thought it was 12 am for orders online ? I see that's not the case so I d k I will just keep checking from 3 am till they let me select and purchase

I don't think they will be too difficult to get. I'm going to try online since I will be on the road and can't get them locally.

Close to 30 raffle tickets at 4 spots and only 1 callback so far. Was hoping to double-up but not looking good. :rolleyes

30 raffles ? 
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom