Jordan Retro 13 CP PE - 11/7

Era of the PE has gone

Nothing is safe

Someone insert 50cent car gif.........

Napoleon dynamite fist gif........

Last edited:
I don't understand why cats are worried about how limited a shoe is, I copp regardless. I never cared who has the same shoe as I do or how much can I get resell if I wanted to let go of them. If you can grab a pair you want, then do so because regardless there will be more than person with that shoe.
That's fine and all but very simply put, exclusiveness is something of value in society. If diamonds were as common as aluminum, they wouldn't be highly sought after. If a Rolls Royce was $16,000 and was about as available as a Ford Focus, the rich would migrate to some other vehicle. Heck, there aren't any millionaires buying Hyundai Genesis'. Not that it's not a nice car, it's just easily available to those who are in a different (and much lower) tax bracket then them.

Transfer this to shoes. Ever been to a shoe event like SneakerCon? The guy with the recently released retroes from 2014-2015, his table gets stepped right over. I'd rather go see the guy who has a shoe that's 1 of 48 or something. I'd rather see the guy who has a table filled with about $200,000 worth of kicks. Me personally, I have multiple shoes where there are less than 100 pairs in existence. To have something different than EVERYONE else, it's a good feeling. You'd be lying if you disagree.

To like a shoe, want a shoe, then find out it's rare, that's a good feeling. To not like a shoe, find out it's rare, then want it, that's corny.

Last edited:
laugh.gif

Huh? Please explain.
They don't check out/purchase or they sell carts. I don't know why they waste their money just to stunt with pics of them having multiple in their cart. Buy all of them then you will impress me.

Don't feel bad. That would just mean they suffer from stuff ha normal collectors suffer from. We all have shoes that were up there in value before JB decided to retro them.

But it's a matter of time before released shoes re-release..

PEs have been for the most part the secret society lol

I have a handful of PEs, I wouldn't be too upset if they released because I didn't spend a ton of money on them - but to the guys who spend thousands of dollars, that has to to hurt.

All this PE and limited numbers talk has me thinking when are they gonna release the Jordan Brand sponsored University PE's? I'd kill for a pair of UNC 13's. As a kid I remember I wanted to go to St. John's University because it was one of the first colleges that Jordan Brand sponsored. My friend's older brother played ball for them and I remember he showed us a pair of team jumpman's with the school's letters on the back and "Red Storm" in the upper lining my face was 
eek.gif
. It was the first PE anything I'd ever seen. Too bad SJU is with Under Armour now and Jordan Brand wouldn't sponsor them anymore because they suck. 
roll.gif

Era of the PE has gone

Nothing is safe

Is that really a bad thing? If people collected PE as some sort of investment/retirement plan, they are are downright foolish! If you got the shoes because it was worn by a player that you follow and like, copies of that shoe being released to the public will mean nothing. The original PE you have still has sentimental value.

It kills me the way people look at shoes now. It's all about how much can I get for it in two years. if you want an investment, take that $1,000.00 you spend on shoes each month and put it in an ROTH IRA or open up a brokerage account.

Haven't you guys seen the markings on the wall? You have recent releases that are going for more than their OG counterparts. The only people making money are the reputable resellers and reputable consignment shops.

Don't feel bad. That would just mean they suffer from stuff ha normal collectors suffer from. We all have shoes that were up there in value before JB decided to retro them.

I have a handful of PEs, I wouldn't be too upset if they released because I didn't spend a ton of money on them - but to the guys who spend thousands of dollars, that has to to hurt.
The very first slap in the face Nike did IMO was the retro of the Thunder IV. '06 you release the shoe for $500 only online then a mere 6 years later (short time as far as shoes go) you retro it in the EXACT same way and sell for $160? That's brutal. $500 price tag in '06 means it released more or less as a collector's model; it was meant to be collected. The price soared to $1,000+ over the next few years then they drop it for $160 without changing a single detail. That's dirty. They could've changed the Jumpman on the back or something so the '06's hold their value but no, they changed nothing.

Oregon IX's without the Oregon symbol, fine, whatever. They changed something so the actual Oregon's lose some value but not all. These CP 13's, this is foul man, I swear.

The very first slap in the face Nike did IMO was the retro of the Thunder IV. '06 you release the shoe for $500 only online then a mere 6 years later (short time as far as shoes go) you retro it in the EXACT same way and sell for $160? That's brutal. $500 price tag in '06 means it released more or less as a collector's model; it was meant to be collected. The price soared to $1,000+ over the next few years then they drop it for $160 without changing a single detail. That's dirty. They could've changed the Jumpman on the back or something so the '06's hold their value but no, they changed nothing.

Oregon IX's without the Oregon symbol, fine, whatever. They changed something so the actual Oregon's lose some value but not all. These CP 13's, this is foul man, I swear.

Def wasn't the first slap in the face tho.

Nike doesnt give 2 ***** about the collector.

Era of the PE has gone

Nothing is safe

Is that really a bad thing? If people collected PE as some sort of investment/retirement plan, they are are downright foolish! If you got the shoes because it was worn by a player that you follow and like, copies of that shoe being released to the public will mean nothing. The original PE you have still has sentimental value.

It kills me the way people look at shoes now. It's all about how much can I get for it in two years. if you want an investment, take that $1,000.00 you spend on shoes each month and put it in an ROTH IRA or open up a brokerage account.

Haven't you guys seen the markings on the wall? You have recent releases that are going for more than their OG counterparts. The only people making money are the reputable resellers and reputable consignment shops.
Collecting is a hobby in itself. I'd like to think that this hobby that I'm fully invested in may pay off when I've decided I've had enough. Sure, I can go get a ROTH and all that but I personally ENJOY collecting. With all the money I'm sinking into collecting, I'd like to break even or come out on the plus when it's all said and done.

FYI - I know quite a few people who have come out super good from collecting so it's not always a bad thing. There's a guy on IG who's the king of IV's and he sold his IV collection for like $50,000 cash and went and bought a house. He didn't spend anywhere close to that for all of the IV's he had...

Def wasn't the first slap in the face tho.
I guess I should say the very first big slap in the face. In your opinion, what do you feel was the biggest slap in the face?

Last edited:

How is that foul! That's business. Nike/JB isn't here to uphold your childhood and keep your feel good at an all-time high level. They are about making money, nothing is off-limits! If you want to feel special and be exclusive, this new changing shoe landscape is not for you.

Not trying to be an A-hole, but the soon you guy get on board, the less pissed you'll be.

Pretty much! I lucked out and get the last sz11 from my local Shieks. From what I saw and heard, only Shieks and other boutiques had stock in SoCal. Not even my local HOH got these, and they get pretty much get everything.

They may be limited in your area like the other guy said, but I saw them in like 5 different stores. So may logic in my area of the US is accurate, also just b/c they are limited where you are doesn't mean on a more national scale they are limited. I mean heck, what size do yuo where. I can help you out if you really want them, but on ebay they only selling for $50 more from what I glanced at.

Wrong. If this statement was true, there would be mass releases of everything from Royal 1's to DB's. Rare shoes i.e. collectors items help keep the Jordan Brand name "exclusive". That hunt for the shoe and those outrageous resell prices, free marketing for Nike. Nike could make 300,000 AirMags for $750 a piece. That's $225,000,000 profit off of one shoe and guess what, all 300,000 pair would FLY off of the shelves. Why not do this? Why release a limited amount for a fraction of that profit?

-Kobe's PE' III's,VIII's,oh mayne them black/purple,gold VIII's FIRE!

-M.Bibby PE's

-Derek Andersons PE's

-Melo PE's

-Quentin Richardson PE's

-Lamor Odom PE's

-Darius Miles PE's

- 2 many players and PE's to list.

But we need these 2 pairs too release before any repeated releases of the AJ XI. 

Probably one of the easiest pickups for me personally. Raffle worked for once, picked up at Footaction/Flight 23 in Glendale, CA.

Last edited:

I somewhat agree with you but I would say all of us are collectors and just like any hobby/collection it costs money to build and maintain. IRA's are not 100% fool proof so I wouldn't make that my only way to invest capital. The rich become richer by having multiple investments and to some its all s sport. The collecting aspect becomes more enjoyable when the kicks we enjoy collecting go up in value or are limited/exclusive.

I have a son so I don't see any issue with me leaving my son my collection of shoes after I'm gone so he can enjoy them/benefit/admire them when he gets older. Therefore, to me whether or not the shoe is limited does matter at times, but I still have to like it 1st. It's a bonus if it's more valuable. Jussayin. B.

They may be limited in your area like the other guy said, but I saw them in like 5 different stores. So may logic in my area of the US is accurate, also just b/c they are limited where you are doesn't mean on a more national scale they are limited. I mean heck, what size do yuo where. I can help you out if you really want them, but on ebay they only selling for $50 more from what I glanced at.

Nationally, they may not be limited, but for some reason SoCal got left out for this release. No big deal, just a little odd that SoCal got very little love for this release.

Those that have all these PE's they shouldn't be 2 upset for the fact that they have OG PE's and as we all seen yesterday the Retro PE's will not have the lack of quality materials,

shape/mold etc... 

airforce1king airforce1king it's always a slap in the face to someone when something retros. The nubuck 12 release was before the thunders and that killed the value. My personal wake up call was the house of hoops pearl foamposites and any og colored Jordan in the countdown pack.
Anyone that owns an infrared 6 will be slapped plenty of times as well as Jordan 1 owners.

JB barely waits 2 years to re retro some shoes like the chi Is or the white cement 3s.

I somewhat agree with you but I would say all of us are collectors and just like any hobby/collection it costs money to build and maintain. IRA's are not 100% fool proof so I wouldn't make that my only way to invest capital. The rich become richer by having multiple investments and to some its all s sport. The collecting aspect becomes more enjoyable when the kicks we enjoy collecting go up in value or are limited/exclusive.

I have a son so I don't see any issue with me leaving my son my collection of shoes after I'm gone so he can enjoy them/benefit/admire them when he gets older. Therefore, to me whether or not the shoe is limited does matter at times, but I still have to like it 1st. It's a bonus if it's more valuable. Jussayin. B.
QFT

Those that have all these PE's they shouldn't be 2 upset for the fact that they have OG PE's and as we all seen yesterday the Retro PE's will not have the lack of quality materials,
shape/mold etc... 

It def takes away value and interest in the OG with this release.

I need to land the dam China release

Wrong. If this statement was true, there would be mass releases of everything from Royal 1's to DB's. Rare shoes i.e. collectors items help keep the Jordan Brand name "exclusive". That hunt for the shoe and those outrageous resell prices, free marketing for Nike. Nike could make 300,000 AirMags for $750 a piece. That's $225,000,000 profit off of one shoe and guess what, all 300,000 pair would FLY off of the shelves. Why not do this? Why release a limited amount for a fraction of that profit?

300,000 pairs of Air mags at $750 a piece wouldn't be flying anywhere except to outlets.

Back
Top Bottom