Jordan retro 2 Chicago low summer 2016

Found them for $100 today.  Only had sizes up to 11, damn these size 13s.  Guess I'm going to have to wait on that double up.

^to be fair, the 94s weren't all that accurate to the original, especially around the heel.

Not mine, OG-1994-2004

Last edited:
They are a lot further from those 94s that I realized. That's disappointing at the price they want.

At least we got full length air.

^to be fair, the 94s weren't all that accurate to the original, especially around the heel.

Not mine, OG-1994-2004

Typically any retroed shoe will not be exactly like its original. Enthusiasts don't have much say but I guess we just have to be given what's dealt at times.

The only lows I rock are 1s & 5s.

If I wanted boat shoes I'll lace my sperrys up [emoji]128526[/emoji]

Typically any retroed shoe will not be exactly like its original. Enthusiasts don't have much say but I guess we just have to be given what's dealt at times.

Looking at those 3 the 04 looks closer to OG save for height and width of ankle collar (padding?).

The only lows I rock are 1s & 5s.

If I wanted boat shoes I'll lace my sperrys up [emoji]128526[/emoji]

It's up to each one's taste.
I personally only like the lows that were originally concepted as lows during the original release like the 2, 11, 13 - 18.
Best lows of the Air jordan series might be the 17 to me as i like the lows even more than the mids.

Just copped my 11.5 off the Bay for $110 shipped.  One ore white, red & black shoe in the collection lol. Will be rocking these & the Chi 1 Lows like crazy for the Spring/Summer. #TeamLowTopJs

How the hell are these going for so cheap when the black ix lows are stil hovering around msdp on ebay?

How the hell are these going for so cheap when the black ix lows are stil hovering around msdp on ebay?
Add the fact that these popped up on EBay for $110-120 before the release date lol. I wish I had an answer. We need somebody to come in and explain why sellers are letting em go for those prices

Seen the red colorway in foot locker a minute ....collecting dust may pull the trigger next time im there...

Got my pair today shipped by ups. I must say the quality of these are really good. The upper leather feels even significantly better than the 99' AJ4 white/cements i had.
Overall shape and comfort is also very good.
I can trash my 04 white/red lows which had the altered ankle part, boxy toe shape and cheap upper leather.
Don't know about the upper quality between 2010 and 2014 for Aj2 retros though.

Last edited:
My pair just came in from swoosh and I see why people have been saying these are so comfortable, they have a nice insole, but they actually use the old-fashioned open cell polyurethane midsole that they haven't used on the 2s since the 2004 highs (they didn't use it on the 2004 lows)

What about sizing guys. Im debating goin .5 down like i did on the nightshade 2s cpl years back.

Was going to get rid of my 04 mids to grab these.  Pulled them out the box, gave them a little jason markk...and now I'm holding on to these and passing on the lows.  The lows look great and with summer here it would have been in heavy rotation but I'm too lazy to go through the process of selling my pair and waiting for the lows to hit sale racks lol..

What about sizing guys. Im debating goin .5 down like i did on the nightshade 2s cpl years back.

I wear mostly size 11 in my Jordans except for AJ 6 and 7.
I have the AJ2 lows in 11 and they fit perfect. Only go down if yoz have a really narrow foot.
10.5 for me would be too snug.

Was going to get rid of my 04 mids to grab these.  Pulled them out the box, gave them a little jason markk...and now I'm holding on to these and passing on the lows.  The lows look great and with summer here it would have been in heavy rotation but I'm too lazy to go through the process of selling my pair and waiting for the lows to hit sale racks lol..

The 2004 mids still have inferior leather, Jordan branding on the outsole and the lining on the mid foot should be just white and not red or black.
Plus the toe box is boxy.
The 2016 lows are the closest to the original look since the 1994 retro.

Should have never sold my 04s but that extra room was just too much
mean.gif
Yea...I got my true size and it's more room then my blk/cement 3's.  Just too much work for me to sell and re-buy right now.  I'm just lazy haha.  Great news is there isn't hype for them at all.  I remember when 2's were so rare.  We've gotten like 3 og colorways within the last handful of years and no hype for any haha.  

The 2004 mids still have inferior leather, Jordan branding on the outsole and the lining on the mid foot should be just white and not red or black.
Plus the toe box is boxy.
The 2016 lows are the closest to the original look since the 1994 retro.
 That's exactly why I was close to grabbing the lows.  Maybe somewhere down the road I can pick up the lows and hook someone up with these for a steal, but it's just not too high on the priority list, especially since I haven't giving much of my J's much run in the rotation anyway.  I probably where my 1's and 3's and that's pretty much it.  It's summer here in California so I'm in air maxes, frees and huaraches.  

I really think I will pick up a second pair. If you sleep on this you will end regretting it later down the line.

That's exactly why I was close to grabbing the lows.  Maybe somewhere down the road I can pick up the lows and hook someone up with these for a steal, but it's just not too high on the priority list, especially since I haven't giving much of my J's much run in the rotation anyway.  I probably where my 1's and 3's and that's pretty much it.  It's summer here in California so I'm in air maxes, frees and huaraches.  
You mean due to the hot climate there right?
When it's really warm i mostly wear my 11 lows IE and the 2011, both with good air ventilation feature :smile:

Concerning the availability of them, they are only available at few retailers in Germany. A few house of hoops and kickz. Probably because hype beast teens only want them if they have a visible jumpman on them.
But as you're in the States, I'm sure thete are plenty of stores having them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom