Jordan Retro 6 "Maroon" - Dec. 5, 2015 ($220)

You mean to tell me it´s somehow more expensive to produce a white shoe and ALL retros in the past years were not white enough?? That´s the first time I´m hearing that complaint. 

I don´t remember what the OGs looked like, I was 5 years old and not caring about sneakers but the color on the box said off white so I assume it was already different then the infrareds or sport blues. Even if they didn´t, I like the color on these a lot. 

[thread="575869"]I honestly can´t tell if these "the white is not white enough" comments are trolling or not. 

[/thread]
You mean to tell me it´s somehow more expensive to produce a white shoe and ALL retros in the past years were not white enough?? That´s the first time I´m hearing that complaint. 

I don´t remember what the OGs looked like, I was 5 years old and not caring about sneakers but the color on the box said off white so I assume it was already different then the infrareds or sport blues. Even if they didn´t, I like the color on these a lot. 

Def not more expensive considering they just paint the leather anyways :lol:
I thought it was comical when I saw white paint on the suede of my hares.

Anyone double/triple up?
A lot of us doubled up by accident, if that counts 
laugh.gif

the only one's talking smack about there going to be returned for the 11s instead, there going to be in the nike factory with no box lid and for less etc.,, your also that dude that didn't cop them because you can't afford them ,, i got my pair payed retail im happy with this shoe ,, definitely more dope then that sparkly 11 lol

this is a thread for ppl that purchased or are looking to purchase the maroon 6s not no trolls wit no disposable income [emoji]128175[/emoji]

the only one's talking smack about there going to be returned for the 11s instead, there going to be in the nike factory with no box lid and for less etc.,, your also that dude that didn't cop them because you can't afford them ,, i got my pair payed retail im happy with this shoe ,, definitely more dope then that sparkly 11 lol

this is a thread for ppl that purchased or are looking to purchase the maroon 6s not no trolls wit no disposable income [emoji]128175[/emoji]

so much humble in this post....

10 years ago if you told me that an OG colorway of a Jordan 6 would release with Nike Air on the back... AND they would be extremely easy to obtain, I wouldn't believe you.

2015 and 2016 are shaping up to be the best Jordan retro years since 1999-2001.

I have watched the decline in quality and detail plague the line for years. The pendulum is finally swinging back to the right direction.

Quality and detail is certainly not perfect, but much better.

^^ Yikes, those lace covers look awful. :x Part of the reason I haven't put much effort into swapping my pair. It's .5 size bigger than what I usually get but the lace covers are barely tinted, real close to just being white.

10 years ago if you told me that an OG colorway of a Jordan 6 would release with Nike Air on the back... AND they would be extremely easy to obtain, I wouldn't believe you.

I have watched the decline in quality and detail plague the line for years. The pendulum is finally swinging back to the right direction.

I said the same **** to the guy at Champs when I bought it from there.  I literally asked the Champs guys if they were actually selling fakes the moment I saw these Maroon 6s sitting on the shelves, IT HAS "A NIKE AIR" MAAAYYNNNE

Last edited:
So a while back Kustoo had a podcast and someone threw out the idea of like an Elite Version of a retro and then have like the standard version.

Based off of a lot of the comments in this thread it seems like that would be a welcomed idea????

So basically like a Remastered retro Priced at $220+ Nike Air and Upgraded materials aimed at your, for lack of better words, more "Serious collector".

On the other side of the spectrum you have your $160-190 models with mediocre materials Jumpman branding aimed at let's say the more casual everyday consumer or casual back to school sneaker stuff like that.

Last edited:
have you actually seen an og pair like back in the day live?

its not the same color as the retro

I have. And I can tell you first hand these were never "pure white". Military 4s were off white as well. And a lot of other Nikes from that era came with off white looking leather. My OG SC Trainers and Jordan 5s had the same looking leather

So a while back Kustoo had a podcast and someone threw out the idea of like an Elite Version of a retro and then have like the standard version.

Based off of a lot of the comments in this thread it seems like that would be a welcomed idea????

So basically like a Remastered retro Priced at $220+ Nike Air and Upgraded materials aimed at your, for lack of better words, more "Serious collector".

On the other side of the spectrum you have your $160-190 models with mediocre materials Jumpman branding aimed at let's say the more casual everyday consumer or casual back to school sneaker stuff like that.

That's what they're already doing. The 160-190 dollar shoes are the ones that came out within the past few years. The 220 shoes are the elite shoes

^^

Let's just forget the past for a second and this was the case for releases from here on out.

Like they actually dropped both versions on the same day.

Last edited:

They already do this with the Air Jordan 1 Retros, the "High OGs" for the serious collectors (but that line is being crossed lately with all these non-OG colorways being released under this mold) and the mid-sized Retros for the casuals with the "Jumpman" logo on the back of the Retro 1.

These are comfortable and run TTS in my opinion. I needed to get a thicker insole for the black infrared VI's to fill in some of the excess space but these I won't need to (both are size 12).

This 'rebellion' happened exactly in 2000 when Nike tried to charge $200 for the jordan XVIIs (remember the ones with the suitcase). Footlocker tried to boycott Nike and refuse their inventory.
Sadly... If they retro'ed these today, suitcase and all, they'd sellout. The problem isn't necessarily price. It's which particular shoe combined with the price. Pinnacle 1's sold out. Now I know they probably made less pairs of them but they were $400 and that in itself is two pair of Jordan's by today's pricing but people came out of their pockets willing. I'm curious to see this 'rebellion' theory put to test when the remastered Cement 4's and the Black/Red 1's next year. With 1's at $160 currently I won't be too surprised to see them jump to $180....

Two part issue (1) they were general release and it seems they made enough pairs for anyone who wanted them to get a pair (2) tons of people want the 72-10 XI's skewing a true correct first time retro. 

They'll kick themselves once they are sold out and then have to start paying resale prices. 
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom