Jordan Retro 6 "Sport Blue" 8.30.14 - (NO BUYING, SELLING, TRADING, or OOPS)

my eastbay order hasn't shipped but they are kind enough to take my money from my paypal and it posted and cleared. Order status still reads OPEN and 1 unit ready to ship. About to chat with someone now...

Last edited:
Paper talk is nonsense.. #justsayin
be smart enough to buy from legit places .. just like someone said "oh it doesn't have the price tag on the box, they're fake!" I take my price tags off every time.. u guys over are over analyzing things now..

If he's buying from a major retailer such as nike.com footlocker fnl etc.. it's a pointless topic to have in the thread..
So everyone that buys these shoes gets them from footlocker? No one ever purchases from Ebay or Craigslist? Sounds legit. #justsayin

If I didn't buy my pair from Champs, the paper would have looked mad suspect to me.

So everyone that buys these shoes gets them from footlocker? No one ever purchases from Ebay or Craigslist? Sounds legit. #justsayin

If I didn't buy my pair from Champs, the paper would have looked mad suspect to me.
I've never purchased any shoes from eBay or craigslist, all mine came from FTL family or FNL. But I'm with u on the paper.

Last edited:
Got my pair in yesterday. I never have had a issue with my j's even tho ppl complain all the time, maybe I been lucky or its cos I used too cop instore and check my pairs. But now ive started copping online cos im lazy ive just received a **** pair, I see what yall talking about now. Glue on the actual leather, not even close too the midsole, some of the leathers discoloured. Rubbish, I love the shoe tho but rubbish JB! Cant give us b grades until the remaster next year, still gotta give us our moneys worth, dogs haha

My pair just came in. Pretty flawless. My only gripe is the neoprene under the jumpman on the tongue is tinted blue??? Is this like that for every pair? I dont remember my og being like that.

Also the shade of blue is a tad bit lighter.

All in all its a pretty flawless pair. Even the front panels are even unlike my carmines which is bs cuz you cant tell anyways on an all white upper like you can with the red panels on the carmines :lol:

Last edited:
Yeh mine is blue af, it looks like its bled for 10 years but its new, so it cant be bleeding, right? It def should be white tho......

Got mine in today and thought it was just my pair. Was pretty pissed cuz it was the first thing I noticed out the box and thoughtot was flawed.

Ah well. I'll get over it I guess since it's like that on everyone's pairs

That tongue tag is going to be an easy give away on knockoff pairs.

Every GM I have seen has a nice white tongue tag, and every legit pair has that off white looking ****.

Yeah, I never understood how fakes can get things right that JB can't. The whole tongue should be white....the same color white as the rest of the shoe

Every GM I have seen has a nice white tongue tag, and every legit pair has that off white looking ****.

The question is did they do it on purpose or not? Piss poor quality or purposely making a change to differentiate real pairs from fakes.

Last edited:

The question is did they do it on purpose or not? Piss poor quality or purposely making a change to differentiate real pairs from fakes.

No telling. You can bet that we have about 2-4 weeks and then the GM's will have the matching off white tongue tag too.

welp my order just sitting outside in the rain storm 
mean.gif
 (UPS)

luckily i did a late night store run it wouldve been out there all night 

Last edited:
After comparing with my 2013 fire red 5s black paper, there is def a difference. One isn't more see through than the other jus a different sort of texture, if you will. It's nothing like the black paper I've gotten with fakes in the past, it was jus plain black trash bag paper. Maybe JB just hit the switch on them. They've been known to do stuff like this. To keep the bootleggers guessing. Black paper with the SPT Blue 6s is the exact same as with my 2014 Carmines tho. Comparison pic. 2013 FR5s on your right. SPT 6s on your left.
I didn't pick up any 5s last year so I was moreso comparing to the 4s paper from the year prior, since it was with the 2012 4s that we first saw this black trash bag type paper. If you say that there is no difference is transparency, and just texture, then the paper is different from the 4s to the 5s as well.

Here are my comparison pics from Toro 4s vs Sport Blue 6s. Both pics taken seconds apart under identical lighting conditions.

TORO 4s:

download

SPORT BLUE 6s:

download

All of my 4s with black paper look just like the dark sheet in the first pic.

And finally...from The Closet Collector...a pair of GM/fake 4s that people were criticizing because he swore they were authentic but everyone was making fun of his paper:

View media item 1005289  

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom