Jordan Retro XI 11/11/17

So now the Laney 5s aren't a good colorway? Swear they were loved on here until they rereleased and became readily available :rolleyes

Those are all still better than crap like the Joker 3s, Crimson 3s, Bel Air 5s, Monstar 5s, Pantone 7s, I could go all day.

a lot of shoes including laneys weren't loved when they originally dropped. Of course there will be a crowd that wants them after they are all gone. Happens for the ugliest colors too.

And for every example you have for current items, I could provide a garbage older retro+ color.
Like pacific 7s, mist blue 4s, ugly baseball 1s, DTRT 3s, burgundy 5s, etc etc etc

Last edited:
Burgundy 5s are dope. Hoping those and the Olives get retroed. DTRT 3s are probably the ugliest out that list.

Sbb 1, max orange 1, BHM 3, Db 3, black cat 3, toro 4, royalty 4, toro 5, 3m 5, olive 5, burgundy 5, wolf grey 5, Oreo 6, Chambray 7, orange blaze 8, etc. jb has dropped many great retro+ since 2004/5. Why when people say retro + in the last ten years suck, do they mention the same hand full of retro+? We all know the joker 3s and Orion 7s were garbage.

Who's mans is this?

Pacific 7s and mist blue 4s were good cws.. I don't understand why sport blue 3s get no love. I understand the quality wasn't the best but any time you swap red for blue on a OG cw, it can be a classic imo

a lot of shoes including laneys weren't loved when they originally dropped. Of course there will be a crowd that wants them after they are all gone. Happens for the ugliest colors too.

And for every example you have for current items, I could provide a garbage older retro+ color.
Like pacific 7s, mist blue 4s, ugly baseball 1s, DTRT 3s, burgundy 5s, etc etc etc
I was here in back in 1998 or so my old screen name is jwork2155 but I forgot my password. BIGJ is right the original laney V were at my champs outlet back in 2000-01 not sure exact when it dropped for 49.99 you couldn't give them away. The original space jam dropped on a weekday and you could walk right in no lines, the XI concord didn't sellout right when it first dropped, I was here when the Bred XI back in early 2000 ended up at outlets for dirt cheap at Jersey Gardens I think and they would even ship them to you. I have been out of the game along time but buy certain retro here and there but the prices, quality and the amount of releases nowadays are just stupid. It use to be a rare thing to see someone in some nice Js because they came out about every 3-4 months. Don't get me wrong I still love a fresh pair of space jams, black silver V, Bred XI but its just way over saturated the market. I mean look at all these shoes just sitting, the horrible colorways, the prices, everything on sale. To me its sad its what happen to Jordans. I may get blasted for that but the hype is gone when you put out a colorway every weekend. Just my opnion but its just not the same. I will end up getting the XI I always do get them but I wish it was the way it use to be. Maybe because I am 35 and I see some many kids wearing Js who never even saw the man play or know nothing about the shoe other than they are Js and they look good.

Pacific 7s and mist blue 4s were good cws.. I don't understand why sport blue 3s get no love. I understand the quality wasn't the best but any time you swap red for blue on a OG cw, it can be a classic imo

I think you may be missing the point. You just have to follow the conversation.

This at least gives me hope for CG 11's 2018.

I prefer the 72-10's over the midnight/navy 11's all day. Gamma's were decent at first to me, but now I can't stand them. Gammas and 72-10 soles look HORRIBLE after heavy wear, and I always wear the hell out of my 11's. I suspect the midnight/navy soles will hold up/look better with the blue sole, after wear.

I guess that means you don't only collect OGs then, huh?
. Well if that's what you want to take it as then ok. I'm a mj fan that collects and wears the colors he played in. I also buy the plus colors to wear as well. I have several ogs on ice. I don't consider the newer colors a part of my personal collection. I hope that makes more sense.

I know I'm in the minority but I think the Gammas are starting to look better as the years pass. That black on black is looking clean to me now.

I've only worn mine like 3 times tho...Lol

I know I'm in the minority but I think the Gammas are starting to look better as the years pass. That black on black is looking clean to me now.

I've only worn mine like 3 times tho...Lol

It's hard for me to say how much I like the gammas. Some days I think they are very sharp, others they are too bland. Out of the black based XI mids (jams, blk/res, 72-10, gamma) they are probably my least favorite. Don't get me wrong, I still like them, but the other black based colorways are better imo.

Gammas are easily the worst 11s. I still have my pair, though.

Its odd that they would fix they jumpman on the left shoe for the Space Jam XI and the Suede XI, and then reverse it back to the incorrect way for this years release. :smh:
JB is going to do JB type of ish. Well at least they got the PL cut right again. This may sound cliché but from that angle they kind of look like fakes from the ear 00's. Im leaning towards passing on these, but I want to see more pics before I make a definite decision.

Back
Top Bottom