Jordan V Laney 2013-Modern Notoriety "Confirmed"

Just stopped by neo39 in Pasadena. They still have sz 8.5, 9 & 11. Love just walking in and grabbing a pair of Js.

who else in here went with their true size, tried to go .5 down but the size 10 felt a bit snug for my comfort so i went with my real size of 10.5
ohwell.gif

I can't do the half size down because it seems to narrow the shoe, which feels really tight.
that's excatly how i felt when i tried on a size 10, i mean there's room for my toews but it feels snug because the front of the shoe is narrow

Hoping my half sz down pair fit

Good thing i can probably get my correct size for close to retail

Ugh sometimes i hate being in JB threads on release day ...

EaSy cop pointless comments
Resell value arguments
Pointless debates
Lol these sitting, damn resellers, i passed cuz ... etc
Agreed. I'd actually like to see some pics or read reviews of the shoes. Id like to add to your list #5. Everyone gets confirmation when buying online, don't need to know you got yours.

Maybe NT should start an etiquette list for "post release" date thread comments.

Ugh sometimes i hate being in JB threads on release day ...

EaSy cop pointless comments
Resell value arguments
Pointless debates
Lol these sitting, damn resellers, i passed cuz ... etc
:lol: There's only so many topics to talk about after a release and you named 80% of em, I hear ya though.

Here's my take on em. I picked up mine this morning after waiting in the rain for 2.5 hours. Fairly easy cop, I could've shown up when the store opened and been fine but I didn't want to risk it, I was pretty excited about this release. As far as quality, they're nicer then the FR5 in January or the White Grape V's that I copped earlier this year. I'd say these are similar in quality to the FR3 earlier this year, not amazing by any stretch of the imagination, but not bad either. Sizing wise I thought these were a little more TTS then the FR5 or Grape, I thought both of those ran a little big where these Laney's were perfect sizing wise for me, and I bought the same size 11 in all 3. Just my initial impressions, happy to hear most of y'all didn't have much of a problem copping :smokin

Last edited:
Won my first raffle ever @ FL . These are my high school colors just like Jordan's. Been waiting for these to retro for a while now. Remember all those rumors bout a laney & grape pack :smh: :lol: ? 1 of my fav releases this year :nthat:

View media item 639130

Last edited:
2000 vs. 2013 Air Jordan 5 Laney

This is a deadstock 2000 pair that I brought from eBay 2 years ago (my 1st pair that I brought in 2000 is beyond beat until the sole cracked - still have them).

View media item 639101
View media item 639115
View media item 639124
Although the soles on the 2000 pair are yellowing, the soles were originally clear and the soles were blue in this year retro.

View media item 639127
Jumpman on the back of the 2000 pair is blue as opposed to black on the 2013's.

View media item 639128
Air units on the 2000 pair are yellow and the 2013's are white.

The jumpman of the insole's are different colors, the 2000's are white and the 2013's are yellow.

The leather on the 2000's and 2013's are both tumbled leather.

Although it is difficult to see on pics, the rubber side panels on the 2000 was clear while the 2013 pair has a slight blue tint. I guess to slow down the yellowing.

The leather is softer on the 2000 pair.

Overall, this year's retro is very impressive. With the exception to the more limited 5's this year, they are the best made ones this year.

Last edited:

This is a deadstock 2000 pair that I brought from eBay 2 years ago (my 1st pair that I brought in 2000 is beyond beat until the sole cracked - still have them).

Although the soles on the 2000 pair are yellowing, the soles were originally clear and the soles were blue in this year retro.

The jumpman of the insole's are different colors, the 2000's are white and the 2013's are yellow.

Although it is difficult to see on pics, the rubber side panels on the 2000 was clear while the 2013 pair has a slight blue tint. I guess to slow down the yellowing.

Overall, this year's retro is very impressive. With the exception to the more limited 5's this year, they are the best made ones this year.
nice pics on your comparison! i would have to agree wit you on this one they are the probably one of the better quality made GR 5's this year. if i am not mistaken the blue is darker and the yellow is lighter on the mid-sol..... could be from ageing, but all and all good stuff!

View media item 6391277

from what i remember the 2000 retro they were clear.
thanks for the comparison pics. :nerd:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom