Jordan x KAWS 4 Black “Cyber Monday” 11/27/17 release thread

DMPs will separate upon wear, most likely. Be prepared to put the work in or have to pay someone to do it. Other issues I've seen are back tabs of DMP 6s cracking; midsoles might not have much time left, either.

I have to say I disagree on the elevation of quality I've seen a lot of you guys give these 4s. They're nice, they're pretty good, but they're not $350 (plus tax and shipping) nice. They're average. I don't really care for the wrapped up midsole and mine also wasn't cut perfectly along the air bubble cutout. I've had better from nike, including pinnacle jordan 1, pinnacle air max 1, sea crystal dunk sb, to name a few.

Agreed on the "craftsmanship". It's not like these weren't hand made, don't get me wrong they're nice but for the price tag these should be better.

DMPs will separate upon wear, most likely. Be prepared to put the work in or have to pay someone to do it. Other issues I've seen are back tabs of DMP 6s cracking; midsoles might not have much time left, either.

I have to say I disagree on the elevation of quality I've seen a lot of you guys give these 4s. They're nice, they're pretty good, but they're not $350 (plus tax and shipping) nice. They're average. I don't really care for the wrapped up midsole and mine also wasn't cut perfectly along the air bubble cutout. I've had better from nike, including pinnacle jordan 1, pinnacle air max 1, sea crystal dunk sb, to name a few.
I also agree with your comment on craftsmanship. Its not great, but I would still say it is exactly what you are paying for. 2nd rate premium materials with mediocre assembly in an oversees factory. Better than your average shoe, but definitely not something to worship. Dont get me wrong though, still a nicely designed shoe.

So has everyone that ordered from kaws got their pair in? I haven't seen a "still no tracking" post in awhile

Nope...package has been stuck at the major depot about 3 hours from delivery address since 12/6.

UPS has an investigation opened but no update at this point and I've emailed KAWS about the situation with no response...

Nope...package has been stuck at the major depot about 3 hours from delivery address since 12/6.

UPS has an investigation opened but no update at this point and I've emailed KAWS about the situation with no response...

Call Kaws. I think somebody here posted a number a few pages back.

I also agree with your comment on craftsmanship. Its not great, but I would still say it is exactly what you are paying for. 2nd rate premium materials with mediocre assembly in an oversees factory. Better than your average shoe, but definitely not something to worship. Dont get me wrong though, still a nicely designed shoe.

C'mon now. Y'all sounding a little snobby. Quality is at least as good as the Bordeaux 5's that retail for $400 straight from Nike. At least mine are.

I think resell is low on the black pair because this raffle was a lot more fair so more part time or first time resellers won. The professionals, the ones with the boutique connections, the time to stand on lines all day cleaned up. Wasn't the museum a disaster?

Can someone PLEASE help LC my pair of Kaws, I'm really conflicted as to whether they are real or fake?

Purchased for ~$800 in an ebay auction that I literally found in its last 60 seconds.
The signs that I know of that seem to check out are:
Waffle holes look good
Clear soles
Handprint design on dustbag aren't thick/blurry
Heel text and hangtag text aren't T H I C C

I know that a new batch of these reps came out within the last few months which I believe got the waffle holes and sole right so I wanna make sure I haven't been screwed over.

The thing is though, the accessories seem to be on point. For example if you compare my dustbag design to:

My design is much thinner which is as expected with retail pairs.

One other thing is the soles, supposedly http://www.cssbuy.com/photo/view.html?type=o&id=MjE4OTk2 is the newest batch and my soles still seem to be much clearer than this batches soles, thoughts? I appreciate any input.

I think one other thing is also the jumpman on my hangtag is a matte black whereas I believe it's a glossy black on fakes? I'm reaaaallyyyy hoping some people respond so I can get a definitive answer.

C'mon now. Y'all sounding a little snobby. Quality is at least as good as the Bordeaux 5's that retail for $400 straight from Nike. At least mine are.
Snobby shouldnt be the best word of choice....

Yes, for some this shoe will be considered wonderfully crafted and attentive to detail. For others, this shoe's "quality" (not asthetics, or design) is just meh. All I, and others probably, am trying to say is that I've seen better. Not to say they are bad or that they aren't worth what you are paying for. I, personally, am not amazed by its assembly. However, I am amazed by its artistic values and overall design.

Snobby shouldnt be the best word of choice....

Yes, for some this shoe will be considered wonderfully crafted and attentive to detail. For others, this shoe's "quality" (not asthetics, or design) is just meh. All I, and others probably, am trying to say is that I've seen better. Not to say they are bad or that they aren't worth what you are paying for. I, personally, am not amazed by its assembly. However, I am amazed by its artistic values and overall design.

Fair enough...that might be the wrong wording. And true, they're no Hender Scheme's but for an understated monochrome shoe, the materials and the construction (at least for my pair) are of good quality.
Perception of quality can also be subjective depending on if you paid retail or not.

I think resell is low on the black pair because this raffle was a lot more fair so more part time or first time resellers won. The professionals, the ones with the boutique connections, the time to stand on lines all day cleaned up. Wasn't the museum a disaster?

this all day, more people ate than bots

It's a combination of the people that wanted them got them, no real rigging. Also the others were the people that really wanted to sell quick and offloaded asap so there's a lot flooding the market. Like people are citing it's the end of the holiday season and nobody really has money to spend in general until tax refunds come around in Feb-March. Bought a pair along with my raffle win anticipating it will go up.

Fair enough...that might be the wrong wording. And true, they're no Hender Scheme's but for an understated monochrome shoe, the materials and the construction (at least for my pair) are of good quality.
Perception of quality can also be subjective depending on if you paid retail or not.

Quality is very subjective to the person holding the shoes.. end of the day, these are still made in China .. I have a pair of real nice LV sneakers, hand made in Italy and are by far the most beautiful pair of quality shoes I've ever owned..now people are not exactly lined up to pay nearly $900 for indisputable quality and no hype LOL ..

Are the KAWS nice? absolutely. Do they have nice details? yes, Are they better than nearly all other JB releases, probably most likely lol

8) Spoiler of said shoe
n3M8oQIl.jpg
[\spoiler]

Can someone PLEASE help LC my pair of Kaws, I'm really conflicted as to whether they are real or fake?

Purchased for ~$800 in an ebay auction that I literally found in its last 60 seconds.
Waffle holes look good
Clear soles

I know that a new batch of these reps came out within the last few months which I believe got the waffle holes and sole right so I wanna make sure I haven't been screwed over.

The thing is though, the accessories seem to be on point. For example if you compare my dustbag design to:

One other thing is the soles, supposedly http://www.cssbuy.com/photo/view.html?type=o&id=MjE4OTk2 is the newest batch and my soles still seem to be much clearer than this batches soles, thoughts? I appreciate any input.

I think one other thing is also the jumpman on my hangtag is a matte black whereas I believe it's a glossy black on fakes? I'm reaaaallyyyy hoping some people respond so I can get a definitive answer.

I hate to break it to you but I pretty sure these are fake. The shape looks off, the bottom lace hole squares are the same size, they should go from small at the bottom to big at the top, and the font on the size tag looks off too.

Gentlemen, is $775 all in a good price on size 8? Or will prices continue to go down through the holiday season and after at least til tax season?

Waffle holes look good
Clear soles

Bro. I also think they are fugazi bro. Check the heel tab letters again. They dont look right. Check out the "AIR". Letters dont look right.

My only other exorbitantly priced Jordans (by retail price) are tan pinnacle 1s from 2015. The Kaws 4s don't hold a candle to the pinnacles at all. I'd even say my $160 retail air max 1 pinnacles have far better quality than the Kaws 4s. I understand y'all wanna justify your $400 or $800 or $1,200 purchases, but face the facts - they're good, not great. If Kaws 4s are atop your list for "quality" I would definitely suggest exploring other brands and shoemakers that give you a better product for $350.

Will not paying 1k price for a shoe i will wear and have hard time maintenance with that suede midsole haha... hope the 2018 levis collab will make me be a bit less salty about that kaws L

Waffle holes look good
Clear soles

fake. the heel alone is a dead giveaway.

2D25C177-619C-4A64-9446-731835B7BC58.jpeg

Yep they are getting better in fake but still looks fufu. Go on a .cn site and you will see this exact same pair.

I think we're forgetting the part that this is a collaboration between a highly regarded world renowned pop artist (Kaws) and basketball's GOAT (Jordan). This shoe is about the collab; the quality put into the shoe is just an added bonus - and the quality is not as bad as some of ya'll make it to be.

Back
Top Bottom