Jordan XI '72-10' Release Date: 12/12/15

Last year I got rid of a pair of '09 SJs in great condition (10 wears) because I needed cash. I still hate myself for that. As soon as I saw these I got really excited. The idea of a "red space jam" just seemed dope. I got a pair from FTL through raffle and then a 2nd when I was walking around the mall and this guy tells me FNL was doing FCFS. So I walk in there and get another sz. 10. One of the HOH employees who just copped his pair was putting them on his feet and when I saw them in person i just though instant classic. I think through the years people will look back on this as one of the best XIs, if not Jordans in general. The quality of the shoe is really good compared to some of the past 11 releases. No flaws especially with the carbon fiber. Durability is not an issue since I won't rock these more than once a month or less.

Last edited:
Last year I got rid of a pair of '09 SJs in great condition (10 wears) because I needed cash. I still hate myself for that. As soon as I saw these I got really excited. The idea of a "red space jam" just seemed dope. I got a pair from FTL through raffle and then a 2nd when I was walking around the mall and this guy tells me FNL was doing FCFS. So I walk in there and get another sz. 10. One of the HOH employees who just copped his pair was putting them on his feet and when I saw them in person i just though instant classic. I think through the years people will look back on this as one of the best XIs, if not Jordans in general. The quality of the shoe is really good compared to some of the past 11 releases. No flaws especially with the carbon fiber. Durability is not an issue since I won't rock these more than once a month or less.
Yeah man I love these things. Don't worry Space Jams SHOULD be releasing sometime in the next few years.

Yeah man I love these things. Don't worry Space Jams SHOULD be releasing sometime in the next few years.

Yeah I know man. Back in '09 I paid just $300 for them on Fulton St. the day after release. I missed retail because I think they dropped a day earlier or something like that. It's crazy that in just 6 years almost every retro is more expensive than $175/185. That price was only for XIs and new numbered Jordans.

Has ANYONE went .5 down?

Had to go down .5 size because eastbay said they didn't have my true size when I called...

I've never heard anyone sizing down on the XIs. I've heard of people going .5 up from their true size because of the width. I would get the same size as what you would wear for the 1s.
If in doubt I think you should size up .5. Sizing down isn't a good thing.

Has ANYONE went .5 down?

Had to go down .5 size because eastbay said they didn't have my true size when I called...

I would stay TTS or go up, but I know I'd size down at my pinky toes expense if it was last resort.

Trade up perhaps...

Has ANYONE went .5 down?

.5 down is probably pushing it imo ..my true size fit me perfect . any smaller would be to tight for me . I have wide feet though ..

My man with the ornaments stretching a couple of those trying to flex.....

Maroons and toy story? No. Yeezy foams and lion king? Even worse

Last edited:
FTL told me today there will be a restock in January.. Anyone else hearing this?
They told me it was a back order as opposed to a re-stock.

FTL paid X amount of dollars for X number of pairs from Nike but Nike hasn't shipped the entire order to FTL therefore FTL is still waiting for the rest of their shipment to come in, hence the back order to January.

With all of the "flaws" being seen by consumers everywhere and with knock-off factories in Fujian Province, China continually producing UA/GM pairs in abundance while very closely resembling the authentics, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Nike/JB went directly to these UA factories, purchased their inventory or contracted with them to help produce more pairs at a cheaper rate, and re-sold pairs from UA factories to consumers while passing them off as authentic after performing a basic quality inspection just to make sure they're "close enough" to the real thing.

Big time conglomerates and MNC's like Nike are not excluded from shrewd business practices such as the one I described above.

I keep looking at this shoe and keep thinking what a dope shoe it is. I can honestly rank these up there with Breds and Space Jams as my personal favorite 11 colorways.
I would even put these and Hologram Foams as my favorite release of 2015.

Fnl always restocks the holiday XI and it's usually a big restock not just a few pairs. It's pretty much happened every year

Definitely going to grab my Dad a pair for his birthday in February. He seen mine and loved them

With all of the "flaws" being seen by consumers everywhere and with knock-off factories in Fujian Province, China continually producing UA/GM pairs in abundance while very closely resembling the authentics, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Nike/JB went directly to these UA factories, purchased their inventory or contracted with them to help produce more pairs at a cheaper rate, and re-sold pairs from UA factories to consumers while passing them off as authentic after performing a basic quality inspection just to make sure they're "close enough" to the real thing.

Big time conglomerates and MNC's like Nike are not excluded from shrewd business practices such as the one I described above.
I highly doubt that Nike would purchase inventory from or even contract with a UA/GM factory even though the product was 99% identical to the authentic shoes. Too big of a risk for a company like Nike to cut corners and violate their code of ethics to make extra profits for one shoe release. If anything, they would take the hit (from UAs) on the current release and expand their production capability for the next run, but they aren't going to risk putting their reputation on the line for only several (or even a hundred) million dollars. If they did do something as preposterous as that and it was exposed, people would lose their jobs, NIke's reputation would be tarnished, and their market value would take a huge hit.

I guess what I'm saying is, no one is excluded from shrewd business practice, but Nike is a company too large for something like this to fly under the radar. Huge operational audits happen year round, and I have a hard time believing this would be missed.

Back
Top Bottom