Jordan XI '72-10' Release Date: 12/12/15

AFKing is a cool dude, but I need to say this. You are a well know re-seller it's obvious, you make a buck when you can, good for you its America, capitalism at its best. Your boy has the kicks you want he is asking a price and is obviously firm on it. You got thirty pairs, I'm sure you made a few $$$$$ and rightly so you hustled, don't gripe about your boy not discounting you his pair, he has what you want so you got to "pay dat man his Monie" In KGB's voice.

BUYER VS. RE-SELLER FORMULA FOR FAIR NEGOTIATIONS

Cost to the Re-seller for the sz 7.5 = $237

Re-seller's asking price = $325

Re-seller's desired profit = $88 for his time and efforts

Time spent by the re-seller to obtain the shoes = 1.5 hours to sign up for raffle, 1.5 hours to pick up shoes on RD, 3 total hours

Figure out what re-seller does for a living and multiply by number of hours he spent to obtain the shoes = 3 hours X customer service rep ($15/hr) = $45

Total Price Buyer should pay: $237 + $45 = $282

Now if the re-seller you're dealing with is a highly paid professional (i.e., mortgage banker, nurse, director, etc) who makes $30-$100 per hour and his time is worth as such, he most likely won't budge that much on his price because Time is Money. I suggest moving on and find another re-seller whose time ain't worth as much for his efforts.
someone gets it. 

what if i didn't do raffles because i know i could scoop online and i got an insider. so it took me 5minutes online to cart and buy and a 10minute drive to meetup my hookup, does that mean i should charge less for less time spent?

i understand the logic, but there are much more variables and missed points. consider market and quantity. that chart is a very specific situation. so yes, it is accurate for one but vastly different for others. so i hope no one takes that chart to heart.

Last edited:
NT doesn't read and decipher for themselves anymore :smh: but +1 understood the previous message but thanks for the breakdown.

I read and deciphered what he said, but re-sellers seldom use homeless people, most reseller either backdoor their pairs. or they have their employees workers go get tickets/pairs. The homeless thing was when people camped out, circa 2008. Even then, most shops wouldn't want bums near their shops, so that ended before it even started.

Stop trying to paint these resellers with a lighter shade. They are necessary option for some, but just like ticket scalpers and loan sharks, they do not have the consumers best interest in mind. Hell, in some towns, they are the reason people need resellers. How would you feel if your town only got 60 pairs of of a certain shoe, but somehow only less than ten pair were release to the public and one seller ended up with the other 50 pairs? These bastards are the ones artificially creating the need for their existence.

what if i didn't do raffles because i know i could scoop online and i got an insider. so it took me 5minutes online to cart and buy and a 10minute drive to meetup my hookup, does that mean i should charge less for less time spent?

i understand the logic, but there are much more variables and missed points. consider market and quantity. that chart is a very specific situation. so yes, it is accurate for one but vastly different for others. so i hope no one takes that chart to heart.
if you can get 30 pairs online in 10 minutes...youre buying the wrong product to sell. 

time always = money

Jordan has increased the price because they know people will pay it and we have seen it. Resellers think they can still make 100$ profit on kicks. At 220 retail with tax and shipping it's easy a 250$ shoe. With large quantities produced everyone can grab a pair. Nike and Jordan did the right thing making more they realized the market was there. This has only hurt the reseller which Nike could care less about, it's their brand that sells, the resellers gave Nike/Jordan the market data they needed to justify making more and at a higher price point. So blame the reseller for killing the reselling profit margin.

Can we move past the reseller talk?

If you didn't get these for retail you weren't trying hard enough.

I didn't even see his post because again, I have him blocked. As far as why I called him an idiot, because I felt like it. He's my boy and we're always calling each other names. I'm gonna screen shot this post and send it to him where I called him an idiot. No harm, no foul.

Well then that explains it. But at first glance, I'm sure people here took it literally and out of context. If he weren't your buddy, would you still think the re-seller is being outrageous and unfair for charging $315?

No. I mean, yes but it would be encouraged. I need everyone else to sell for higher than me so I can price mine lower and get them gone faster.

Yes you're right, there are other variables involved such as demand, availability, etc. The one I mentioned is just one of them. When we look at the totality of it, demand and availability probably speak more volume when it comes to determining the level to which one marks up the price. But one cannot discount the effect of time/trouble spent on pricing because after all, time is money, and for some people less time equals less effort equals less of a markup.

For some people, if it only took someone 15 minutes total to cart and checkout for one pair and then 20 minutes to drive both ways to meet with his hookup to pick up his other pairs, he might only charge a minimal markup because A) he wants to beat the competition and move his product fast since everyone and their grandmothers have listed this GR pair on Craigslist, eBay, FB, etc), and/or B) he has 6 pairs of the same shoe and can afford to sell them for a lower price than the re-seller 5 miles away who only has two pairs

But if the shoe being sold is limited in the aftermarket (i.e. Chicago 1s, Pinnacles, DB's, Supreme 5s), then demand/availability would take precedence over time spent/effort when it comes to determining your pricing engine.

Yes you're right, there are other variables involved such as demand, availability, etc. The one I mentioned is just one of them. When we look at the totality of it, demand and availability probably speak more volume when it comes to determining the level to which one marks up the price. But one cannot discount the effect of time/trouble spent on pricing because after all, time is money, and for some people less time equals less effort equals less of a markup.

For some people, if it only took someone 15 minutes total to cart and checkout for one pair and then 20 minutes to drive both ways to meet with his hookup to pick up his other pairs, he might only charge a minimal markup because A) he wants to beat the competition and move his product fast since everyone and their grandmothers have listed this GR pair on Craigslist, eBay, FB, etc), and/or B) he has 6 pairs of the same shoe and can afford to sell them for a lower price than the re-seller 5 miles away who only has two pairs

But if the shoe being sold is limited in the aftermarket (i.e. Chicago 1s, Pinnacles, DB's, Supreme 5s), then demand/availability would take precedence over time spent/effort when it comes to determining your pricing engine.

yea. thanks for furthering your explanation. i appreciate your time and thought in your responses.
i never factor in time for my pricing. hope for tip money from friends, but don't expect it. i undercut the market for strangers, but if market is minimal like for these 72-10, i return the shoes to the store after i choose the least flawed pair to keep. i chose not to profit $40 and returned one of the two pair to footlocker. my third pair just came from finishline since they got slow shipping and i may or may not keep it depending if i can profit at least $50 or if it is too flawed for my taste.

Last edited:
I read and deciphered what he said, but re-sellers seldom use homeless people, most reseller either backdoor their pairs. or they have their employees workers go get tickets/pairs. The homeless thing was when people camped out, circa 2008. Even then, most shops wouldn't want bums near their shops, so that ended before it even started.

Stop trying to paint these resellers with a lighter shade. They are necessary option for some, but just like ticket scalpers and loan sharks, they do not have the consumers best interest in mind. Hell, in some towns, they are the reason people need resellers. How would you feel if your town only got 60 pairs of of a certain shoe, but somehow only less than ten pair were release to the public and one seller ended up with the other 50 pairs? These bastards are the ones artificially creating the need for their existence.
Do not be disillusioned, there is a middle man in EVERY market that exists. Insurance, Real Estate, Stocks, M&A's, banking...all the way down to Air Jordans and cigarette lighters bruh. Do you think that your local insurance broker has your best interest in mind? Or how about your real estate agent, do you think he/she is actually showing you the best home options that are out there and fully qualifying you or is he/she just thinking about that 3-6% commission he/she is about to capitalize on?

Re-Selling is a fact of life and it's been around since Adam Smith and his Wealth of Nations. Re-sellers are simply putting in more work (i.e., camping out, bots, networking with store employees, etc) than the average Joe and is the reason why you get the feeling that they are "the ones artificially creating the need for their existence." Just because the re-seller has the $$$ to invest in copping multiples, doesn't make the re-seller a "bastard."

Moral of the story: DON'T HATE THE PLAYA, HATE THE GAME.

Jordan has increased the price because they know people will pay it and we have seen it. Resellers think they can still make 100$ profit on kicks. At 220 retail with tax and shipping it's easy a 250$ shoe. With large quantities produced everyone can grab a pair. Nike and Jordan did the right thing making more they realized the market was there. This has only hurt the reseller which Nike could care less about, it's their brand that sells, the resellers gave Nike/Jordan the market data they needed to justify making more and at a higher price point. So blame the reseller for killing the reselling profit margin.
  Well said.

Can we move past the reseller talk?

If you didn't get these for retail you weren't trying hard enough.
You got it bro. To change the subject....

We are fast approaching Christmas Week and here's my ready-to-go Holiday Rotation:

Monday 12/21 - Kobe IV "Rice"

Tuesday 12/22 - Adidas Tubular X PrimeKnit "Sesame"

Wednesday 12/23 - Air Jordan 1 "Banned"

Thursday 12/24 - Air Jordan 1 Pinnacle "Baroque Brown"

Christmas Day - Air Jordan 11 "72-10"

Anyone else, feel free to post your rotation for Holiday week and if y'all are gonna rock your 11s as part of your rotation

Everybody hates em but I LOVE the marvins. Will be wearing on Christmas day because they look like that day. I saw a slyme lace swap might go for it

You got it bro. To change the subject....

We are fast approaching Christmas Week and here's my ready-to-go Holiday Rotation:

Monday 12/21 - Kobe IV "Rice"

Tuesday 12/22 - Adidas Tubular X PrimeKnit "Sesame"

Wednesday 12/23 - Air Jordan 1 "Banned"

Thursday 12/24 - Air Jordan 1 Pinnacle "Baroque Brown"

Christmas Day - Air Jordan 11 "72-10"

Anyone else, feel free to post your rotation for Holiday week and if y'all are gonna rock your 11s as part of your rotation
Dope rotation! 

Everybody hates em but I LOVE the marvins. Will be wearing on Christmas day because they look like that day. I saw a slyme lace swap might go for it
I love the Marvins as well bro....I was actually looking to put them in my rotation for this week but I rocked them this past Thursday instead. MTM 7s are super suitable for Christmas day, especially if you have an ugly Christmas sweater to match.

Last edited:
My SNKR delayed pair finally came in today. The initial charge from Saturday fell off and they havent recharged me yet 1st time I've had that happened with nike

My SNKR delayed pair finally came in today. The initial charge from Saturday fell off and they havent recharged me yet 1st time I've had that happened with nike
Don't worry out of the blue payment will disappear when you least expect it [emoji]128520[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom