Jordan XI '72-10' Release Date: 12/12/15

Good price is 275$. Underrated shoe
This. I never liked XIs. Gotta say these are my favorite colorway out of the lot. Concord is 2nd.

I retired after the Chi release in 15' and didn't know about these. I paid resell for 250$.... one of my fav Js now. 

Last edited:

I finally busted these out. All around, I think these are my favorite non og retro. Pinky toe crushed but hoping the PL stretches out a little
pimp.gif

How do these fit compared to the new space jam and the legend blue?

Gonna go back and grab a pair before people start appreciating them :lol:

That’s how the shoe got designed, and MJ was all excited when I brought in the shoe and it had this patent leather on it. The first thing he said was, "You….you….y…." He couldn’t get a word out. [laughs] Then, the first real sentence that he said was, "People are going to be wearing these with tuxedos." I just said, “You’re kidding,” and didn’t believe him.

Then, about three months later, Boyz II Men showed up at the American Music Awards, all wearing Air Jordan XIs with tuxedos. Michael called me up that night, and said, “See, I told you so.” [laughs] I just said, “You probably paid those guys, didn’t you?” He said, “No way! They did it on their own.” The shoe sort of developed a life of it’s own because it transcended basketball a little bit, and ended up in modern culture and music history. It’s my favorite because of all of those things.

Anybody done a blacked out midsole customsith these? I'm thinking it would look great. Not a fan of the Gammas so these are my best option. Would prefer to keep my black/reds and Spacejams the way they are.

Thanks

Shoe gets no respect.  I was 50/50 on them last year won a raffle and copped. I love them my non sneaker head friends say they are a mature Jordan. 

Unless you're 12 years old or younger, please dont wear jordans with formal attire

41.... And yeah. I'm doing it. Besides, I hate wearing dress shoes when I'm not working.
Unless you're 12 years old or younger, please dont wear jordans with formal attire

I'm 40 and have worn my 2000 Space Jams (near DS condition) for the Black Tie Tailgate Gala in Philly. It's the charity gala for the auto show. I've worn them every year since 2010. Even my fiancé likes when I wear them.

Every year we go, I get compliments from others and those who see them, say to me "why didn't I think of that!". We even got photographed for Philly.Com and he asked what I was wearing.

I look at it like this, if I'm walking around for 4 hours through an auto show, I want to be comfortable. My Cole Haan shoes are NOT comfortable. Say what you want, but I'm happy, she's happy and that's all that matters. [emoji]128077[/emoji]

Last edited:
I'm 40 and have worn my 2000 Space Jams (near DS condition) for the Black Tie Tailgate Gala in Philly. It's the charity gala for the auto show. I've worn them every year since 2010. Even my fiancé likes when I wear them.

Every year we go, I get compliments from others and those who see them, say to me "why didn't I think of that!". We even got photographed for Philly.Com and he asked what I was wearing.

I look at it like this, if I'm walking around for 4 hours through an auto show, I want to be comfortable. My Cole Haan shoes are NOT comfortable. Say what you want, but I'm happy, she's happy and that's all that matters. [emoji]128077[/emoji]
Lol, didn't have to go to such lengths. Truth is, if tastefully done, it works. 

Heck, it's too easy pulling off Retro 1s with a turtleneck thrown on. 

Do you man. 

Lol, didn't have to go to such lengths. Truth is, if tastefully done, it works. 
Heck, it's too easy pulling off Retro 1s with a turtleneck thrown on. 
Do you man. 

No worries buddy. My tux is a normal black tux with suspenders. I either wear a black straight tie or I match it with her dress. The shoes work well. [emoji]128077[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom