Just bought a Dog VOL. SHIBA INU

I just bought a Shiba Inu that will be arriving this month. I was wondering if anyone had a Shiba Inu on here?
Any tips and such?! It's my first dog and I'm buying it for my little sister.

Similar to this:

I just bought a Shiba Inu that will be arriving this month. I was wondering if anyone had a Shiba Inu on here?
Any tips and such?! It's my first dog and I'm buying it for my little sister.

Similar to this:

the owner's gonna need a lot of time and patience during the beginning, then it gets easy. gl brah

the owner's gonna need a lot of time and patience during the beginning, then it gets easy. gl brah

Since its a puppy, itll be tough the first month or two (pretty much with any pup). Then it gets annoying--in a good way
laugh.gif

You can crate him/her so itll get use to being inside a crate. Crate him/her at night (when youre about to sleep) and when nobody is there to supervise. i have a Frenchie and for two weeks I had to get up multiple times throughout the night to take her out to pee/poop.
Sometimes I was too late and she already pooped in the crate. So then I gotta spend another 10 minutes cleaning it up and putting her back in. Cant believe I went through that.

Try not to give her/him any human food. I made that mistake and now my dog refuses to eat dry/can kibble by itself. That damn B would go all day without eating until I finally give in and give her chicken mixed with her own food. Of course she only eats the chicken.

Basically what jack said--time and patience.

Since its a puppy, itll be tough the first month or two (pretty much with any pup). Then it gets annoying--in a good way
laugh.gif

You can crate him/her so itll get use to being inside a crate. Crate him/her at night (when youre about to sleep) and when nobody is there to supervise. i have a Frenchie and for two weeks I had to get up multiple times throughout the night to take her out to pee/poop.
Sometimes I was too late and she already pooped in the crate. So then I gotta spend another 10 minutes cleaning it up and putting her back in. Cant believe I went through that.

Try not to give her/him any human food. I made that mistake and now my dog refuses to eat dry/can kibble by itself. That damn B would go all day without eating until I finally give in and give her chicken mixed with her own food. Of course she only eats the chicken.

Basically what jack said--time and patience.

I have one and he just turned 9 yesterday, really really good dogs. They are very cat like, best dog I ever had if you consider there behavior a dog lol

I have one and he just turned 9 yesterday, really really good dogs. They are very cat like, best dog I ever had if you consider there behavior a dog lol

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

You can crate him/her so itll get use to being inside a crate. Crate him/her at night (when youre about to sleep) and when nobody is there to supervise. 

Try not to give her/him any human food. 

came in the thread to post these tips 
smile.gif

You can crate him/her so itll get use to being inside a crate. Crate him/her at night (when youre about to sleep) and when nobody is there to supervise. 

Try not to give her/him any human food. 

came in the thread to post these tips 
smile.gif

how big do they really get? I dont want a big dog at all... im a fan of little dogs

Yeah, my little sister is taking care of that... should the crate be in her room?
Also, anything i shouldnt do so it knows its not the boss? I read that i shouw carry it on its back few times a day?

how big do they really get? I dont want a big dog at all... im a fan of little dogs

Yeah, my little sister is taking care of that... should the crate be in her room?
Also, anything i shouldnt do so it knows its not the boss? I read that i shouw carry it on its back few times a day?

Originally Posted by theHBkid

not sure about that. Heard it's bad for a dog's spine if you carry it on its back.

Originally Posted by theHBkid

not sure about that. Heard it's bad for a dog's spine if you carry it on its back.

I owned one. They shed like hell at times. They are good dogs but they can be very cat like. I swear my Shiba use to fake on people all the time. They are good dogs tho and they def attract all types of attention as pups. Puppies get u (()) trust me.

I owned one. They shed like hell at times. They are good dogs but they can be very cat like. I swear my Shiba use to fake on people all the time. They are good dogs tho and they def attract all types of attention as pups. Puppies get u (()) trust me.

mad.gif

frown.gif
So jealous. A Shiba Inu is my dream dog. I can't wait to own one when the time is right for me.

mad.gif

frown.gif
So jealous. A Shiba Inu is my dream dog. I can't wait to own one when the time is right for me.

people who say this are very ignorant. Put dry food in it's bowl and in a couple days/ few days it will have no choice but to eat it. Don't be like this guy and many other people who have this weird idea that their dog is going to starve to death if you be stern with NOT feeding it people food 

edit: i don't mean to come off as harsh but you're doing your dog more harm than good 

Back
Top Bottom