Just got back from Dubai, Emirates live... vol 56k warning, srs

Were you harassed at the airport?  My bags were "randomly selected" to get checked twice on both of my trips to Dubai.  Literally twice, I had to check the second baggage claim guy telling him that "Allah and Muhammaed would not support racisim."  He literally let me go when I said this.

O yeah and to make things funkier, the 2nd time I got there, the last baggage check guy was the same as the first time I landed there.   He didn't stop me but some little black arab came up to me and told me to get checked.  As soon as i saw him I recognized him and said something along the lines of "o so another random selection"  he kind of smirked and avoided eye contact.  He asked me a few questions, looked through one of my bags for a bit and let me go.  He had to feel guilty.

I knew he remembered me off the bat, he even mentioned my hometown while having small talk.  I told him we got to be better than the world.  

Anyways, other than that, I had a pleasurable time, will go back again.  

unless the slavery business is really bad out there..  will look into that more.  if its terrible i won't go back after all :frown:  

Last edited:

Were you harassed at the airport?  My bags were "randomly selected" to get checked twice on both of my trips to Dubai.  Literally twice, I had to check the second baggage claim guy telling him that "Allah and Muhammaed would not support racisim."  He literally let me go when I said this.
I wouldn't even have had the balls. **** like that probably punishable by death. 

Miss threads like these, dope pics and info OP
pimp.gif

Gotta visit Dubai one of these summers.

this thread was good, enjoyed the pics.. but them youtube clips frustrated me beyond belief. smh

.. how could people be so cruel, is it really too much to ask to care, spread love and show compassion to one another.

- Much luv, stay freshhh :smokin :smokin

must have been a nice trip.
thanks for sharing thsoe pics
motivated me to start traveling man..damn i need to see the world..

Great pics OP.

I'm on the fence about going to Dubai. But I have a feeling I'll end up going pretty soon.

One thing I will say about a lot of these oil rich Arab and Muslim countries that are very strict, is that once a lot of their people travel to other countries, they WILD OUT. I remember being on vacation in the club; and these 4 older (had to be late 40's) fellas from Dubai walked in, bought that Methuselah of Ace, and had us bumped off our table cause no way were we going to spend more than them :lol: :smh:

Next thing you know, they're groping on girls, slamming down that Ace and Belvi, and just wildin out like atheist teenagers. :smh:

So at these clubs are the yambs spreading them? Is it pay to play?

Pay for play. But its dirt cheap compared to here. I'm just not about that life. Its something about the pursuit of yambs that does it for me.

I knew he remembered me off the bat, he even mentioned my hometown while having small talk.  I told him we got to be better than the world.  

Anyways, other than that, I had a pleasurable time, will go back again.  

unless the slavery business is really bad out there..  will look into that more.  if its terrible i won't go back after all :frown:  

On my way back home they checked my bags but it didnt seem like harassment. There was a moment when one of the officers kept inspecting my passport and questioning me on when I visited. It was weird, I was trying my best not to come off as disrespectful. :lol: Had small talk with one of the younger officers. I asked him about the Lambo cop cars and he told me only the officers with the stripes got to drive them.

IF I decided to go back it'll be in 2019/2020. The UAE won the bid to host the 2020 World Expo so they're trying to impress the world. I heard they set a record for the most fireworks when they found out they won.

Miss threads like these, dope pics and info OP :pimp: .

Gotta visit Dubai one of these summers.

Thanks man. I'd avoid going in the summer since its extremely hot there. The first few days were in the 100s. I remember feeling like a cramp was coming on. Any time before June and after September is fine my boy told me.

must have been a nice trip.
thanks for sharing thsoe pics
motivated me to start traveling man..damn i need to see the world..

This was the first stamp I got on my passport as an adult, its definitely got me wanting to add more.

What made you pick Dubai, and also is it true that it's not really a walkable city?

I never had the desire to visit but my boy relocated to Abu Dhabi because his gf got a job there since it was hard for her to get one here at the time. He's been asking me to visit for 2 years and I was too busy with school. Finally finished and decided to treat myself.

You can walk but the heat doesn't make it easy. Abu Dhabi where I spent most of the time is built like a circle. Its small and kinda hard to get lost. I memorized a bunch of streets in less than 4 days.

Luckily you missed Ramadan. I'll be getting there around the time it starts up. Doesn't bother me as much as it does the group I'm with because I'm familiar with the beliefs/customs of the country...but maaannneee ppl go nuts during the day with all the CAN'T DO's lol!

You can walk but the heat doesn't make it easy.
my friend lived in the Emirates growing up since his pop was in the oil industry and he said Dubai was humid as ****, being on the coast.

he said that during the summer, people would keep their air conditioners at like 45 degrees for months and it was uncomfortable inside unless you had on a jacket/sweater and outside since the air was so hot and moist.
sick.gif

You can walk but the heat doesn't make it easy.

my friend lived in the Emirates growing up since his pop was in the oil industry and he said Dubai was humid as ****, being on the coast.

he said that during the summer, people would keep their air conditioners at like 45 degrees for months and it was uncomfortable inside unless you had on a jacket/sweater and outside since the air was so hot and moist. :x

Yea, every time I spent time outside I felt dirty abd needed a shower. Ended up with a cold because my boy's girl refused to turn the ac up.

The pictures are nice and I'm glad you had a good time, but the way these Middle Eastern's treat Indians and Africans is straight up disgusting.

Like others have said, they basically treat them as slaves.

Back
Top Bottom