Just got my Jordan VI (6) Infrared pack, dang they DO smell like...

...chemicals

btw, what's up everyone. This is my first post, but been reading here for a bit before becoming a member.

Anyway, if it weren't for fellow NT members posting in the "AJVI Infrared Pack *OFFICIAL THREAD*" about how they smell I would have thought they were fake. I was really expecting to get a whiff of that new leather/suede smell, but nope

my cool greys smell weird, probably exact how your shoes smell. straight up chemicals

Cool grey smell like new nubuck sneakers. I know what you mean by the strong chemical smell. Bordeauxs are rumored to smell like that. Welcome to NT but the thread wasn't needed. Most likely will be locked since the infrared pack thread is still open

Rock'em hard homie, dont stare at them
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Zyzz

my cool greys smell weird, probably exact how your shoes smell. straight up chemicals
yeah, I know what you mean. My cool greys did too, different scent compared to the infrared pack, but definitely smelled like glue/chemicals

Originally Posted by JayNatty23

Rock'em hard homie, dont stare at them
nerd.gif
I'll rock 'em for sure when the stormy week is over here in SF Bay, but for now I'll stare at their awesomeness
smile.gif

Originally Posted by kopNkicks

Yeah the new WC III's got the same acetone like scent to em.
Somehow, the new WC III's I got smelled closer to what I'd expect from typical 'new shoe scent', but it could just be all in my head 'cause I picked 'em up at Finishline so no doubt with authenticity there. The Infrared pack I got is from eBay so red flags went up hella quick after smelling glue/chemicals (regardless of seller's 100% feedback). Thank God for the NT community and wealth of info here 'cause now I can chill

Originally Posted by green rhino123

so user sephiroth was able to obtain an Air Jordan 6 Infrared Pack
yup, and I feel lucky to cop 'em at suggested retail price instead of the $400+ they typically go for
wink.gif

looking back, this had to be one of the worst things Jordan Brand did. To come out with a shoe in varsisty red and then make em another hue of red and throw em in a package and slap limited on em..........................the smell is probally what chemical they added to change the v red to infra red 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by bpt1986

it's probably those bags they put them in
I doubt it's the bags. I have a bunch of these anti-static bags at my work (since I'm in the semiconductor industry), but they don't have any scent at all.

They just smell rubber-cementy. That's what all the O.G. Durabuck shoes smelled like. Quite frankly, I'm happy that a lot of the retros are starting to have that O.G. smell. Brings back memories.

Peace,
J

I have no idea. my wife bought my new infrareds while locked up and didnt get to wear till a year later. Thats the last pair of shoes ive bought for a couple years.

Thats first time I've ever heard someone compare the smell of the 2010 Infared pack to the OG 91 Infareds.

They say smell is one of the senses most linked to memory. I can remember the smell of
new vinyl records or cassette tapes.

As much as I obsessed over sneakers, even 20 years ago, I am surprised I have no memory
at all of any particular smell linked to any of my precious sneakers from back in the day.
Who knows?

Back
Top Bottom