JUST GOT ROBBED...HOUSE EMPTIED

Sorry to hear that at least you're ok , happened to me two years ago just came down from school , my mom called me to take her somewhere , soon as i left my house they broke in , took my laptop , some jewelry  even some BBC shirts i never wore before , and a couple of my shoes i have this bad habit of buying stuff and wait for the perfect occasion to wear them , i learned my lesson . But thankfully i had a security system if i didnt i know dudes wouldve had a field day .

Sucks fam, at least nobody was hurt. There was a home invasion in Dallas like last week and a mother and daughter were killed by some robbers 
mean.gif

Robbers are some of the worse people, we've had our house broken into once but luckily we had an alarm or they would have clean us up. 

Hope it all works out fam. 

Ionno why people keep saying "thank God you're okay".

Thieves don't work like that. They don't want you to be home. That's why most robberies happen during daylight hours (when people are at work and school). They don't want any drama, they don't want a tussle. They want to blend in with the rest of the neighborhood, often disguising as some sort of domestic serviceman and they want to take their time while cleaning out your house.

Having to deal with people means running the risk of injury, running the risk of the police being alerted, running the risk of escalation (a burglary turns into an armed robbery turns into a multiple homicide).

if it's a strong-armed burglary, chances are those guys are hitting a trap-house or someone who deals with narcotics or is known to keep a large sum of money in their household.

But 99% of the time you're dealing with guys who'll bounce at the first sight of any resistance. So violence is usually out of the question.

Last edited:
Here's some advice I posted from a previous thread I posted in.

View media item 915461

Invest in this....(StrikeMaster 2 Door Frame and Hinge reinforcement).

Secondly ask your apartment manager if you can install a security door (probably not). Also ask if you can install a superior deadbolt in your door as opposed to the @%*++!%* one your %!#!%*% apartment ownership installed (they're all $!+**@$+) to save money. Also ask if you can replace interior doors with more solid, non-hollow core doors (metal or wooden).

Also cover your windows with 3M Security Window tint.

Ask your apartment manager if you can install interior burglary window bars inside your apartment.

Invest in one of these for patio sliding doors (master lock window and patio door lock with alarm). Also have 3M Security Window tint installed on the sliding doors if they also have glass.

View media item 915462

Itemize ALL your valuables, talk to your insurance company. Be thorough, make sure they take all your needs/items needs into consideration in regards to your policy.

If your apartment allows it, buy a dog (preferably a pit, German Shepard, Rotty etc). If they're breed restrictive it's okay get one anyways as most burglars don't want to deal with that.

If you can afford it invest in an alarm system (ADT for example), make sure you get a permit for your alarm system or else expect a lofty bill from the city if local law enforcement ever has to respond to an alert.

Invest in a firearm and become properly trained in using it/maintaining it.

G'luck, burglary is no joke. Never lie down and let someone take yours, ever.

http://niketalk.com/t/326348/home-security-apartment

Last edited:
Sorry to hear fam

I hate thieves b that's the lowest a person could get imo. Son probably worked hard for all that stuff to be just taken away.

Thieves don't work like that. They don't want you to be home. That's why most robberies happen during daylight hours (when people are at work and school). They don't want any drama, they don't want a tussle. They want to blend in with the rest of the neighborhood, often disguising as some sort of domestic serviceman and they want to take their time while cleaning out your house.

Having to deal with people means running the risk of injury, running the risk of the police being alerted, running the risk of escalation (a burglary turns into an armed robbery turns into a multiple homicide).

if it's a strong-armed burglary, chances are those guys are hitting a trap-house or someone who deals with narcotics or is known to keep a large sum of money in their household.

But 99% of the time you're dealing with guys who'll bounce at the first sight of any resistance. So violence is usually out of the question.

Well now that we have that great insight to how the mindset of a thieve works, will every one kindly request the return of their well wishes for a fellow human being.

Since we know how these thieves is operating out here, shouldn't have to worry about things ever going astray and people getting hurt or anything like that cause I doubt that'll ever happen based on my mans dissertation on the psychology of kleptomaniacs.

End of sarcastic rant.

Your post wreaks of someone seeking outside approval for probably running with thieves, knowing them, or having some type of street knowledge that makes you superior to us all. Idk what the case is but, with all the negativity in the world lets appreciate positivity in any manner it comes in.

Have we fallen that far that people question the basis for rendering a fellow human being a sign of compassion?

Well now that we have that great insight to how the mindset of a thieve works, will every one kindly request the return of their well wishes for a fellow human being.

Since we know how these thieves is operating out here, shouldn't have to worry about things ever going astray and people getting hurt or anything like that cause I doubt that'll ever happen based on my mans dissertation on the psychology of kleptomaniacs.

End of sarcastic rant.

Your post wreaks of someone seeking outside approval for probably running with thieves, knowing them, or having some type of street knowledge that makes you superior to us all. Idk what the case is but, with all the negativity in the world lets appreciate positivity in any manner it comes in.

Have we fallen that far that people question the basis for rendering a fellow human being a sign of compassion?

Not at all, I empathize with Pabs. I'm just saying that most burglars don't want anyone home thus the threat of injury to Pabs was never there.

And as he said, it was probably someone close to him that did this.

Not looking for any type of recognition son, fall the **** back. MY BAD for posting steps to safeguard your crib from letting this happen to you. Sensitive much?

Last edited:
the threat of injury is always there

you know how many murders happen because someone comes home unexpected and panic ensues?

the threat of injury is always there

you know how many murders happen because someone comes home unexpected and panic ensues?

it happens, but statistically most burglaries happen w/o violence.

experienced burglars don't do this.

again most guys work in the daytime, weekdays or Holidays when they know you'll be gone for an extended period of time and under the guise of some sort of serviceman.

Last edited:
Damb, OP wish you the best on this. Again as some people already said, saying that you're on vaca or out of town through social media is a big no no. Glad no one knows where my new place is other than fam and GF.

At least this thread is producing good info on security systems and insurance for those unknowing of it

Not at all, I empathize with Pabs. I'm just saying that most burglars don't want anyone home thus the threat of injury to Pabs was never there.

And as he said, it was probably someone close to him that did this.

Not looking for any type of recognition son, fall the **** back. MY BAD for posting steps to safeguard your crib from letting this happen to you. Sensitive much?

Being purely objective here, but you posted nothing to help anyone protect themselves.

Probably came off a little strong in my post, so ill scale it back, but check this.

Chances are you're not gonna die tomorrow or the day after that. And probably for some thousand days after that either.

However, if I approach you in a public and say "what's going on brother? Feels good to be alive! glad to see you're holding up alright to"
It feels good to know whether you die today or 100 years from then, there's people who care about your health and can appreciate the state of your well being with the constant threat of death looming.

Seems like a trivial issue probably, but in order to build a house you gotta start with that first brick. If you get an opportunity to present someone that indicates you care ( which by your attempt to show us how to protect ourselves I assume you do) why not take make the gesture. Especially in a world where after people spend countless hours building a house brick by brick, people break in to take their possessions.

No hard feelings. Peace.

OP hope you get your stuff back

Being purely objective here, but you posted nothing to help anyone protect themselves.

Probably came off a little strong in my post, so ill scale it back, but check this.

Chances are you're not gonna die tomorrow or the day after that. And probably for some thousand days after that either.

However, if I approach you in a public and say "what's going on brother? Feels good to be alive! glad to see you're holding up alright to"
It feels good to know whether you die today or 100 years from then, there's people who care about your health and can appreciate the state of your well being with the constant threat of death looming.

Seems like a trivial issue probably, but in order to build a house you gotta start with that first brick. If you get an opportunity to present someone that indicates you care ( which by your attempt to show us how to protect ourselves I assume you do) why not take make the gesture. Especially in a world where after people spend countless hours building a house brick by brick, people break in to take their possessions.

No hard feelings. Peace.

OP hope you get your stuff back

I hear you, and I apologize if my initial post addressing safety concerns came off as un-empathetic.

I'm going to to assume everything you just posted is based on what you watched on tv.

I'm going to to assume everything you just posted is based on what you watched on tv.

or actual facts, like the ones in the link I provided.

Typical NT, "if I'm not knowledgeable about something that's been posted, I'm going to go ahead and throw shade at what's being posted. Because I'm too prideful to take a moment and really learn something new".

:rolleyes

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom