Just hit the lottery... What car should I buy? ++UPDATED WITH PROOF OF TICKET++

Congrats man on winning the money. Just be smart with it and don't buy shoes.

I can't front either, this thread got me back on my scratch off/lotto ticket dreams again. I'm coppin a lil something this weekend.

Damn, I'd be super excited. I would pay my carnote, and student loan. Hop my @%$ right out of debt. Then I would cop a car and a nice Steve Harvey typeappartment. Invest the rest
pimp.gif

congrats. if i were you, i would spend 40-50k max on a car and save the rest for when you graduate. possibly a down payment on a house. either way, have funwith your winnings and congrats again.

it amazes me how 80% of the replies are about buying a car!

OP, get a house. You'll never be a better position to make a comfortable life for yourself. You can buy a house cash or put 50% down, rent it out and nevercome out of pocket and get paid your 50% back in no time with the rent.

A car with 170K of "free" money is very dangerous. You'll surely end up getting something double or triple of the 20-30k you want to use.

Get the car you want since you want it so bad. Just make a smart choice and don't drop like insane amount. Then if it was me I'd get a condo orsomething in NYC or w/e big city you are close to with a good down payment. Then I'd rent it out as I finish school and use the rent money to pay off themortgage. In this state of economy people are renting more so you will have someone looking to rent in a big city always. The rest I would put it away in a lowrisk investment and let it mature. That's just me though, so do what you think is best.

Originally Posted by yungchris504

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

Congrats.
$172K is a nice peice of money. I would drop $20K on a car. Since you will be paying outright with no financing...you should easily be able to get a $26K car at $20K or lower. Try to buy one with some type of warranty. You don't want car repairs eating into your winnings. Set the rest aside for a house for when you graduate.

Coming out of college as a debt free homeowner would set you up for a fantastic life.

QFT
*$@! i hate this statement.. makes me feel worst about my life.
tired.gif

hey when you taking that check to the bank? maybe ill meet you at the parking lot to say congratulations

Like a month ago my boy won 3 G's from a 3 dollar ticket.

So me and my other friend were gettin drunk, so we went to the shell and bought 2 tickets each. He had to grab some more beer so i was the first to purchasethe tickets. I ended up winning 60 he won like 4. I didnt get hooked because i know that how they get you. On big win, and then 2 months later no big wins.lol. But sometimes i buy em randomly if im feeling lucky, just to go along with my chips and drink.

eek.gif
davidisgodly wrote:

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

Originally Posted by cguy610

Buy a house.
Here is someone with no knowledge.

You won't be able to buy a house with 100K. You will not afford the house nor the loans the pay it off.

The irony
laugh.gif

David is Godly?
indifferent.gif
David has no goddamn sense.

Anyways, with the $8 grand tax credit as part of the stimulus plan plus the record low mortgage rates. This is a GREAT time to buy a house.

Another idea is to buy a house and put $50K down, then put 10-15K towards a car and kept the other 35-40K as a safety net.
I want to kick you.
Put 50k down on your shammy 100k house. Your previous job of working at some office 12$ a hr not going to pay any loans off. at 800$ a month rate.

According to your budget you will spend more money on car and "safety net"
I should kick you.

I don't know where ya'll living. I live in NYC. Houses cost a brick. Moving from Cali to TX is not "doing it." If anything, thast not doing it.

Ok kiddo. When you're old enough to do your own taxes, you'll learn some things like deducting mortgage interest and tax credits.

I don't know what your definition of "doing it" is but having a house, car, and money in the bank is "doing it" to most adults.(regardless of what state you live in)

Originally Posted by kidUFC

Originally Posted by yungchris504

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

Congrats.
$172K is a nice peice of money. I would drop $20K on a car. Since you will be paying outright with no financing...you should easily be able to get a $26K car at $20K or lower. Try to buy one with some type of warranty. You don't want car repairs eating into your winnings. Set the rest aside for a house for when you graduate.

Coming out of college as a debt free homeowner would set you up for a fantastic life.

QFT
*$@! i hate this statement.. makes me feel worst about my life.
tired.gif

hey when you taking that check to the bank? maybe ill meet you at the parking lot to say congratulations

smh.gif

Originally Posted by Kingtre

i'm hoping to quietly cash in on 2morros drawing since its "only" 12mil
laugh.gif

all the hype is deflated for a lil while

p.s. did i mention i hate you
pimp.gif

doesn't matter how many people are playing, the odds dont change
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

If you look up repos, there are ridic prices. Down here theres an 04 SL500 with 50000 miles for 21Gs, 06 Range Rover Supercharged with 40000 miles for 23Gs and a 05 Continental GT with 12000 miles for 80Gs, point is theres def some steals
The reason these cars are so cheap is that they usually have baggage. Most, if not all have a salvaged title. Second, they are not certified which means "what you see is what you get". Finally, these cars do not have warranty. Do not buy a luxury car at an auction. What you save, you will pay out of your pockets when it comes time to service or repair your vehicle.

Good luck trying to sell a car with a salvage title.

ummm, no, they dont have salvaged titles.

Originally Posted by bjamez20

Originally Posted by Kingtre

i'm hoping to quietly cash in on 2morros drawing since its "only" 12mil
laugh.gif

all the hype is deflated for a lil while

p.s. did i mention i hate you
pimp.gif

doesn't matter how many people are playing, the odds dont change
laugh.gif

roll.gif
Dont act like a smartass when udont know what hes talking about. The odds of him winning are the exact same, however, when theres less people playin, theres a lower chance that someone elsewould also win, and any winnings therefore should be going to less people. So if he wins he will be getting a larger fraction of that money. Which may or maynot be more dollar-wise than it would be with a larger pot, when more people play.

Back
Top Bottom