Just sent off for my passport. Vol. International Baller/Travel Thread 2.0

#internationalfontaine checking in.

Went to south Africa earlier this year...

I will live there for a couple years in my life.

That place was greatness.

Last edited:
My first destination was Nigeria, my pops is Nigerian but I was raised by mom so I didn't really get to know his side until my adult years. My aunt actually bought me my ticket for a graduation gift when I got my masters. I was 23 years old.

Since then I've been to Canada, back to Nigeria, and London. My current chick loves to travel so we will probably hit DR or Brazil soon. She actually wants to hit Paris this year but the way my bank account it set up...
how does the traveling work when you're making moves with the lady?

I got a chick that I think is worth a trip...

Do I have to pay for her ticket? Or does she doe that and I handle everything once we get there?

how does the traveling work when you're making moves with the lady?

I got a chick that I think is worth a trip...

Do I have to pay for her ticket? Or does she doe that and I handle everything once we get there?

True story my chick got her own bread. She may mess around and pay for me.

I would Def pay for everything once we get there tho

How long re you staying? Special occaison?

I've been tempted to look over these Groupon travel deals too. Anyone ever buy one or have any experience with them?

10 - 12 day trip.

Always wanted to go.

I've been to HK and liked it.

I'm always surprised hearing that alot of Americans dont have passports.. whats the reason for this?

I remember reading an article were it said

Americans are the least people to travel outside of the country. It said this is because many Americans believe we have everything here also fear of other countries.

Got my passport at 23 thinking i would need it for Hawaii lol. Planning and saving for Tokyo with the lady hope to make it out in 2016 :frown:

Last edited:
I think I want to hit up Asian first. I've always wanted to visit since I was a kid, especially Japan.

Thailand, Hong Kong and The Philippines have always been high on my list.
Going to bangkok this weekend,
Go to bkk man, your USD will take you a long way.
Im from the philippines but honestly,
bangkok >>> manila right now.
If youre going to boracay and or el nido though then :pimp:

Parents are from Sudan so I've been there a few times. Been to several other Middle Eastern countries as well. Been to Mexico as well :pimp:

Was fortunate enough to go to  Marseille, France at 14 as part of a soccer tour.

Haven't left the Americas since but I've been to Mexico three times. Cancun, Monterrey, and Mexico City.

Working on getting back to Europe sometime in 2015.
pimp.gif

First place I went was DR, senior year of college. Lost my joint, like 2 years ago and just got a new one. Headed to Europe on Sunday to get stamped out. This is the longest week of work ever.

I went to Cabo, Mazatlan, and one other place in Mexico I can't recall.  I wasn't sure what to expect being black and all but they showed me a lot of love down there, def want to go back.  Brazil is the real dream though.

1. Find a local post office or other official gov't building in your area that offers passport services. I don't know where you're at but in Cali, 99% of the places you now have to set an appointment. I found a place in Carson that takes walk in applications.

2. You fill out a form with the info from your birth certificate (which you need a copy of) and attach a passport approved photo to it. Costco does them for $5 and you get 4 of them.

3. Costs varies: For a Passport Card and book, it's $140 + $25 paid to the gov't bldg at which you're geting your passport at. The $140 has to be a check or money order made out to the Dept. Of State. Expedited service (get your passport within 2-3 weeks WITH proof of travel) costs a bit more.

Hope this helps!

I've had a passport since age 4. So far I've been fortunate hit, Bahamas, Jamaica, London, Italy, South Africa, Netherlands (Amsterdam), Belgium, & India. Headed to Australia the 1st part of Nov. Can't wait. I want to hit Peru next year and hike Pachu Picchu.

you can go to Hawaii, then maybe go to Japan, or just stay in Hawaii & meet some Japanese friends there.

anybody ever internationally travel alone?

I'm about to do this on Sunday for half of my trip. Spending a night in Copenhagen dolo. Then catching a train to Germany to kick it with my boy for a few days, then we're headed to Amsterdam for a few. Then I'm hitting Rome and Barcelona dolo.

Freshly 29

Got my passport when I was 23, it sat for a year. Went to Jamaica with my pops in 2009 for 2 weeks,

Spent Spring break 2010 in London/Paris for 10 days (most amazing time EVER)

Went back to Jamaica (Negril) by myself for 3 weeks in summer 2010 (rainy season, monsoons everyday but still a good time)

Finally decided that i wasn't about this American life any more by August 2010, I was signed up for a 5 month study abroad program in Morocco. Flew into London, chilled for a couple days, flew down to southern Spain for a week chilled, then met my study abroad group and chilled for another week in southern Spain. Took a ferry to Morocco and during that 5 months I traveled throughout Morocco and took weekend trips to a handful of European countries. 

About mid way through my Moroccan stay, I decided that i never wanted to come back to the U.S, and see the inside of an American classroom again. So, I signed up for another study abroad in Northern France, that lasted a semester and by miracle I got my academic adviser to extend it another semester. (all on the GOVT/Uni dime) By the 2nd semester in France, I was considered a French student, so my tutition was "in-house" $300 per semester. I still got my full financial packaged thru my American University, so I got rouchl $10.5k financial package deposited into my checking account 2 weeks before my French semester started.  

With that I was able to "ball-out" weekend trips to Amsterdam, a month in Easter Europe here, 2 weeks in Paris there.

By the 3rd semester in France, my University decided they weren't gonna "fund" me anymore, even though, the experiences I was gaining we're 10x greater than anything they could've provided. I only needed 1 class to graduate, I left August 2010 with 86 credits and came back July 2013 with 150+, all paid for by my University.

This may be completely off topic lol, but getting my passport (and using it) was the greatest thing I've done in my life. 20 countries in, countless exotic women taken down, hundreds of incredible people met and a degree with international experience to boot. As a black American, Europe is Heavenly playground, we are simply the most exotic creatures over there, because we don't travel.

The worst thing I did was come back.

Last edited:
My first destination will be Nigeria to see my people, then Mecca to see my people. :smokin

Freshly 29
Got my passport when I was 23, it sat for a year. Went to Jamaica with my pops in 2009 for 2 weeks,

Spent Spring break 2010 in London/Paris for 10 days (most amazing time EVER)

Went back to Jamaica (Negril) by myself for 3 weeks in summer 2010 (rainy season, monsoons everyday but still a good time)

Finally decided that i wasn't about this American life any more by August 2010, I was signed up for a 5 month study abroad program in Morocco. Flew into London, chilled for a couple days, flew down to southern Spain for a week chilled, then met my study abroad group and chilled for another week in southern Spain. Took a ferry to Morocco and during that 5 months I traveled throughout Morocco and took weekend trips to a handful of European countries. 

About mid way through my Moroccan stay, I decided that i never wanted to come back to the U.S, and see the inside of an American classroom again. So, I signed up for another study abroad in Northern France, that lasted a semester and by miracle I got my academic adviser to extend it another semester. (all on the GOVT/Uni dime) By the 2nd semester in France, I was considered a French student, so my tutition was "in-house" $300 per semester. I still got my full financial packaged thru my American University, so I got rouchl $10.5k financial package deposited into my checking account 2 weeks before my French semester started.  

With that I was able to "ball-out" weekend trips to Amsterdam, a month in Easter Europe here, 2 weeks in Paris there.

By the 3rd semester in France, my University decided they weren't gonna "fund" me anymore, even though, the experiences I was gaining we're 10x greater than anything they could've provided. I only needed 1 class to graduate, I left August 2010 with 86 credits and came back July 2013 with 150+, all paid for by my University.

This may be completely off topic lol, but getting my passport (and using it) was the greatest thing I've done in my life. 20 countries in, countless exotic women taken down, hundreds of incredible people met and a degree with international experience to boot. As a black American, Europe is Heavenly playground, we are simply the most exotic creatures over there, because we don't travel.

The worst thing I did was come back.

Bruh any tips on slaying the European Yambs? Trying to get it in while I'm there.

American's probably don't travel outside the country because:
1) Compared to other countries, we have far fewer days off for PTO/holiday
2) Proximity to other countries versus that of Europe
3) No other viable travel system aside from air.

As for my self, when I got my passport it was for my honeymoon.

Been to:
Greece - Santorini, Crete and Athens (didn't really enjoy it, but figured as much). Will probably go back to both Santorini/Crete for our 10 yr. LONG travel from San Francisco though.
Italy - Rome (similar to Athens), Florence (loved), Lucca (underrated), Sienna (awesome as well), Lake Como.
Switzerland - Lucerne and Lauterbrunnen
Costa Rica - Manuel Antonio

Switzerland was real nice, but man, expensive.

Rome and Paris for Europe
Tokyo and Hong Kong asia
Personally are my most memorable spots

Back
Top Bottom