Just watched American Psycho, got a question

When Bateman has Jean (his secretary) over at his apt, was that a nail gun he was holding to her head? I know when hes back at his office and calls his lawyerhe says that he killed someone with a nail gun but he didnt kill Jean and that thing looked way too big to be a nail gun.

the fact that patrick actually killed anyone is debated. he doesn't kill the secratary though. movie was really intense but kinda funny at times.

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

From what I can remember he picked up a nail gun..

Movie is hilarious tho.

Ok, i was wondering what the hell that thing was but forgot this took place in the late 80/early 90s.

if you think the movie is intense, read the book.
the movie is G rated compared to the book. a great read tho.

Originally Posted by AirJordanSeattle23

the fact that patrick actually killed anyone is debated. he doesn't kill the secratary though. movie was really intense but kinda funny at times.

yea i dont think any of it happened either.

business card scene
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

he never killed anyone IMO

but yes it was a nail gun

one of my all time favorite movies

"it even had a watermark"
pimp.gif

I think he did kill some, remember when he went back to that apt the lady was showing and she told him not ask any more questions or come back? Then there wasthat scene at the cleaners where that lady saw the blood stained sheets

IMO he didn't kill anyone at all.
to me the movie was just about how you imagine killing people everyday for things as little as having a better business card as you, i saw it as a satire ofamericans.

to me it seemed like he didnt kill any one, Jean was the closest he got to but she was lucky.
Later she finds his diary with all the drawings and stuff and him finding out how he didnt kill
his friend actually

the the above, you all are wrong, in the book he didnt kill anyone in the movie he killed everyone till he went insane/paranoid on the street.

yo, back when that MS Paint a movie thread was happening i drew this of the scene where he was gonna choke ol boy to death, until he started kissin on hishands, but i aint finish it.
24e156e7e685be21d7d475f9cabdc4fb52d9cf3.x-bmp

Patrick's face was priceless !
laugh.gif
, homie even washed the GLOVES afterwards
roll.gif

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

From what I can remember he picked up a nail gun..

Movie is hilarious tho.

Ok, i was wondering what the hell that thing was but forgot this took place in the late 80/early 90s.
It looks as if it was made then but it actually came out in 2000. I love the old school feel it has though.
pimp.gif

It was a nail gun.

As for if he killed anyone, I don't think he did. The way the movie ended w/ the ATM saying feed me a cat, and the absurd way things started blowingup, was to show that he actually didn't kill anyone and his imagination was running wild. Plus the fact that the guy confirmed at the end he didn'tkill whats his face says he conjured it all up in his mind.
I think he did kill some, remember when he went back to that apt the lady was showing and she told him not ask any more questions or come back? Then there was that scene at the cleaners where that lady saw the blood stained sheets

You see when I saw that scene, I was thinking "why would she just clean it up instead of call the cops". It hadn't been that long after thealleged murder before he went back. That's why I think no one was killed there.

damn i didnt know he didn`t kill anyone and imagined it all. well you learn something new every day lol

Damn, I gotta watch this movie now. My boy told me a few weeks back I had to see it, but after speculation from everybody's posts, I want to watch itnow...too bad I got work in a few hours.

Back
Top Bottom