Justin Timberlake Thread: The 20/20 Experience Due 3/19, Link to "Suit & Tie" ft. Jay-Z on 1st Page

You bought a physical copy? If so .. Where at?
I preordered off iTunes but I think Target has the copies with bonus tracks for &
$9.99
Yep, and they're selling it today.
I picked my copy up at Target today. But it's a lame double disc with the second disc being the two bonus cuts. I wish it was just one disc like part 1. Ditch that weak *** hidden track, add in the bonus cuts and make it one single disc.

I picked my copy up at Target today. But it's a lame double disc with the second disc being the two bonus cuts. I wish it was just one disc like part 1. Ditch that weak *** hidden track, add in the bonus cuts and make it one single disc.

It's part 2 on one disc and the two bonus cuts on a second disk?

It's part 2 on one disc and the two bonus cuts on a second disk?

Yes. It's frustrating. Wish it'd have been a single disc like part 1.

Pt 2 was solid. I've given it a few spins already and I do have a couple songs that I do enjoy listening to:
-Take Back The Night
-Cabaret (didn't really like Drake on it, but oh well)
-You Got It On
-Not a Bad Thing (even though it was 11 mins long)
-The 2 bonus tracks

But I do agree with some of you that said that JT needs to step away from Timbaland. I was talking to my girlfriend about this album and we discussed the same thing. The sound is starting to sound stale, and the beats that are used are starting to be recycled. It didn't really take away from me enjoying Pt 1 & 2, but it starts to get old the more and more you hear it.

I think part of the reason he worked solely with Timb was to keep the project lid tight

Next album he should have more freedom to let it be known he's recording a new album

Part of the marketing genius of his campaign was basically hitting you out of nowhere he's dropping a single in a couple days followed by a new album

If he worked with a bunch of producers it would probably leak

Lets hope he works with a wide variety of producers for album 5

Last edited:
The more I listen to Pt. 2 I really enjoy it. It's not as good as part 1, that's still a perfect album to me, but Pt. 2 has grown on me heavy. I'd say with part 2 the only songs I don't enjoy is the hidden track for sure, Drink You Away is hit and miss for me and Only When I Walk Away goes on too long. They could have cut the last two minutes or so off and it would have been much better. Otherwise I really enjoy the album, especially the first half and the bonus cuts. And I can agree with moving on from Timbaland for the next album but I don't want to see too many producers involved because I think that takes away from the feel of any album. He'd be best served at this point doing a Neptunes only album. I think that would be a great project. But I'm sure that's years away since he just dropped two full length albums in a year. Right now I'm just enjoying all the good music he's given us this year.

JT has done stuff with Pharrell and it sounded great! If he did a collab again with Pharrell but made a full length album, that would be :pimp: :pimp:

Part 2 is solid I expected a lot of NTers to dislike it; part 1 is better but I still like part 2 and it has plenty of replay value

Overall critic reviews are positive towards part 2

I'd like to see JT work with 40 on a track

Why don't you go back there and argue instead of dragging it to this thread?

You keep arguing a totally non related point in here
What's up everyone, I just want to address a point that our very own Stillln729 raised earlier, but the facts simply don't back up his argument.  He also thinks I didn't reply back to his response from earlier so I'm taking the time to do so now.  Back in March, Stillln729 stated that Timbaland needed Justin, instead of Justin needing Timbaland.  Well back in March Justin had 3 solo albums under his belt with 2 of them being solely produced by Timbaland, which at the time meant that 66% of Justin's solo work was attributed to Timbaland.  Now we are in the month of October with Justin having 4 albums under his belt, with 3 of them being solely produced by Timbaland.  That would now be an increase in work attributed to Timbaland bringing the total up from 66% to a whopping 75%.  That being said, let the record show that Timbaland is a legend in the game, and has been so way before working with Justin as he has worked with various artists and has a large hit record catalog to prove it.  

Also, just to drive the point home even more to Stillln729 just to make sure it sinks in, the past 3 albums that Justin has released (all produced by Timbaland by the way
wink.gif
) all 3 are Justin Timberlake albums.  Meaning that Justin has or should have executive control over who and which producers he wants to work with, seeing as how these are his albums.  It would take Justin or people in his camp reaching out to Timbaland for help or assistance and not the other way around.  If I were to tell you that person A) calls person B) 75% of the time for help, how can anybody with any logical sense say that person B) needs person A) given that scenario.  You couldn't, and you shouldn't.  This is how and why Stillln729 was so clearly in the wrong with his egregious prior . 

Not to mention, he himself even admitted in this very thread that he wants to see Justin move on from Timb with statement #1363 in this thread which I highlighted below.  Ladies and gentlemen this is why it's so important to be careful with the words and statements that you use because they may bite you on the *** in the future and have you looking foolish like our very own Stillln729 at this very moment.  That's okay though, he's still a member our NT family and he'll always have a place here to call home.  Bless his heart.   
Believe me I def agree that he needs to move on from Timb

What's up everyone, I just want to address a point that our very own Stillln729 raised earlier, but the facts simply don't back up his argument.  He also thinks I didn't reply back to his response from earlier so I'm taking the time to do so now.  Back in March, Stillln729 stated that Timbaland needed Justin, instead of Justin needing Timbaland.  Well back in March Justin had 3 solo albums under his belt with 2 of them being solely produced by Timbaland, which at the time meant that 66% of Justin's solo work was attributed to Timbaland.  Now we are in the month of October with Justin having 4 albums under his belt, with 3 of them being solely produced by Timbaland.  That would now be an increase in work attributed to Timbaland bringing the total up from 66% to a whopping 75%.  That being said, let the record show that Timbaland is a legend in the game, and has been so way before working with Justin as he has worked with various artists and has a large hit record catalog to prove it.  

Also, just to drive the point home even more to Stillln729 just to make sure it sinks in, the past 3 albums that Justin has released (all produced by Timbaland by the way :wink: ) all 3 are Justin Timberlake albums.  Meaning that Justin has or should have executive control over who and which producers he wants to work with, seeing as how these are his albums.  It would take Justin or people in his camp reaching out to Timbaland for help or assistance and not the other way around.  If I were to tell you that person A) calls person B) 75% of the time for help, how can anybody with any logical sense say that person B) needs person A) given that scenario.  You couldn't, and you shouldn't.  This is how and why Stillln729 was so clearly in the wrong with his egregious prior . 

Not to mention, he himself even admitted in this very thread that he wants to see Justin move on from Timb with statement #1363 in this thread which I highlighted below.  Ladies and gentlemen this is why it's so important to be careful with the words and statements that you use because they may bite you on the *** in the future and have you looking foolish like our very own Stillln729 at this very moment.  That's okay though, he's still a member our NT family and he'll always have a place here to call home.  Bless his heart.   

My god dude you have issues

THEY LIKE WORKING TOGETHER, SIMPLE AS THAT.

One of them isn't looking at the other saying "I need you"

With that said Justin Timberlake could release an album without Tim and it would still be a big deal

I could be wrong, but didn't Timberlake and Pharrell stop working because of the whole Jive and Clipse fiasco?

THEY LIKE WORKING TOGETHER, SIMPLE AS THAT.

One of them isn't looking at the other saying "I need you"

With that said Justin Timberlake could release an album without Tim and it would still be a big deal

Not neccessarily saying what duece is saying is true.

how do you KNOW? Wouldn't you be assuming that?

Srs, not throwing shade

Back
Top Bottom