Kanye West $53 Million in Debt ... "Mark Zuckerberg HELP !!

I've seen people here on NT criticize for the ways he goes about trying to get acceptance in the fashion community.

May have been illphillip illphillip or stillin729 stillin729 who said it, but there are (at least to me) some parallels between what he's trying to do now and Michael Jordan's foray into baseball.

Yes i'm well aware of that and if his public showings annoy some people so be it, but i'm just interested in why it annoys people so much? and does any of this disdain come from him always acting in a way that we're told not to behave, yet him still flourishing despite his character flaws

I've seen people here on NT criticize for the ways he goes about trying to get acceptance in the fashion community.

May have been illphillip illphillip or stillin729 stillin729 who said it, but there are (at least to me) some parallels between what he's trying to do now and Michael Jordan's foray into baseball.

Where was Jordan's baseball equivalent to selling out the Garden for a fashion show?

Ye has been much more successful in fashion than Jordan was in baseball.

Is hard for people to fathom that someone can be good or passionate at more than one thing?

Yes i'm well aware of that and if his public showings annoy some people so be it, but i'm just interested in why it annoys people so much? and does any of this disdain come from him always acting in a way that we're told not to behave, yet him still flourishing despite his character flaws
He just comes off mad whiny imo and I don't care for it. It mostly stems from him and his delusion of thinking he's this huge thing that irritates me because it's childish

He just comes off mad whiny imo and I don't care for it. It mostly stems from him and his delusion of thinking he's this huge thing that irritates me because it's childish

Okay understood, but why Does Kanye thinking he's this huge thing annoy people this much? if he isn't a huge thing i would assume it would be quite easy to just tune him out no?

Last edited:
Once again despite what the public may think these rants and public demands have been a success, his current deal with Adidas doesn't happen without him doing that.

And once again, despite what you think, that might not be the case.

Nike didn't (or wouldn't) give him what he wanted. He got a better deal with Adidas. Adidas needed a guy like him more than Nike did.

He went from a deal with a sneaker brand to a better deal.....with a sneaker brand that would help him with clothing.

He didn't need to "rant" for that. These kinds of things happen every day in business without "rants". Which is why people bring up Pharrell.

When I hear him today, he's asking for a lot of the same things he was asking for during his Yeezus tour rants. Partnerships with high end fashion houses.

You could easily make the argument that he's possibly LOST opportunities because of the "rants" as well.

When Mark Zuckerberg "likes" a post by his CEO telling Kanye to not ask for money on twitter, you have to wonder if the people he wants to work with are taking these things seriously.

Last edited:
And once again, despite what you think, that might not be the case.

Nike didn't (or wouldn't) give him what he wanted. He got a better deal with Adidas. Adidas needed a guy like him more than Nike did.

He went from a deal with a sneaker brand to a better deal.....with a sneaker brand that would help him with clothing.

He didn't need to "rant" for that. These kinds of things happen every day in business without "rants". Which is why people bring up Pharrell.

When I hear him today, he's asking for a lot of the same things he was asking for during his Yeezus tour rants. Partnerships with high end fashion houses.

You could easily make the argument that he's possibly LOST opportunities because of the "rants" as well.

Well considering me nor you are actually in Kanye's camp, i'm going to go with what i've heard Kanye state, and that is that ever since he went on that yeezus tour and started all these public outcalls he has gotten a better response from the people he wanted a response from. This is based off his words.

also prior to the rants he had nike allowing him to design a shoe, giving him no control over releases, no royalties. Now we can argue over the unknown and say well maybe he gets the deal without the rant, or we can go with what we Know. he ranted for some billionaire company to invest in his fashion dreams... after several of those rants Adidas stepped up to the plate and is now funding his fashion line.

So compared to where he was at w/o the rants vs where he's at with the rants, i would say he's in a much better position & actually seen in a different light in the fashion world compared to how he was perceived a few years ago. Also about him possibly missing opportunities due to his rants.... this is the same guy who told the nation that George Bush doesn't like blacks, Has ran up on stages and literally took someones moment, any company that was scared off about some rants damn sure was scared off a LONG time ago :lol:

Last edited:
But as I stated, what he really seems to want is partnerships with high end fashions houses.

Those were a big part of those Yeezus tour rants.

And he's STILL looking for that. Publicly.

James Harden just went from a deal with Nike to a better deal with Adidas. No "rants". Different obviously but my point is these things happen in business every day with little to no noise.

I see a Kanye openly discussing debt, looking for funding, looking for the same partnerships he was looking for several years ago.

I have a hard time calling that "success". He seems to have made progress in terms of where he wants to go though which is a good thing.

But I wouldn't attribute that to his "rants". I would attribute that to action. The fact that he has invested him money into his brand while he still seeks funding.

Maybe I just have a hard time advocating openly complaining when so many people do well for themselves without that.

And let's be real, we don't know what position or what "light" he's seen in in the fashion world today vs. years ago.

Last edited:
But as I stated, what he really seems to want is partnerships with high end fashions houses.

Those were a big part of those Yeezus tour rants.

And he's STILL looking for that. Publicly.

James Harden just went from a deal with Nike to a better deal with Adidas. No "rants". Different obviously but my point is these things happen in business every day with little to no noise.

I see a Kanye openly discussing debt, looking for funding, looking for the same partnerships he was looking for several years ago.

I have a hard time calling that "success". He seems to have made progress in terms of where he wants to go though which is a good thing.

But I wouldn't attribute that to his "rants". I would attribute that to action. The fact that he has invested him money into his brand while he still seeks funding.

Maybe I just have a hard time advocating openly complaining when so many people do well for themselves without that.

And let's be real, we don't know what position or what "light" he's seen in in the fashion world today vs. years ago.

1) Yes that was his one of his desires, he also was adamant about wanting a company to help fund his fashion line... and Adidas did so yes i would call receiving backing from one of the largest companies in the world success. It may not be everything he asked for but clearly that's huge progress.

2) He has state in SEVERAL interviews that he is no longer as frustrated in his pursuit of those things because over the past few years more dorrs have opened, the people who wouldn't even speak with him he's now having meetings with, A lot of designers who wouldn't collaborate with him are now working with him on his Yeezy line. that's considered progress on getting to his main goal, i would also label that as success.

3) he tried to release a line and create a hyped show around 2011-2012... it was considered a complete failure, people blasted it, it never was released to stores & the whole event was never spoke of again. Ye's spoken candidly on how many top fashion photographers wanted nothing to do with Kim or him, How many publications also wouldn't allow them on their pages, A few years later they've done vogue, They have Givenchy Adds shot by some of those top tier photographers, Ye Show has become something that draws a lot more attention from the actual fashion world rather then just celebrities & papparazzi,

Not to mention most importantly the clothing has actually made it to stores and seems to have done well enough, that many of the top tier online distributors want to continue to carry it & it's in the very least not looked at as a rapper with a passion project. so once again it's progress towards the goal and I consider that success.

Because it's simply childish behavior coming from a grown *** man

understood not liking someones personality, but it seems with many that it's way beyond that... it causes people to take stances on his work. If he annoys you fine but when people bring that up when speaking on his music, or fashion, or impact that he's had in hiphop culture, doesn't that in a way seem childish within itself.

Kanye going up at the VMA's and snatching Taylors award (childish as all ****, and i DISLIKE taylor swift).. Kanye in an interview calling himself a creative genius tho, why does that rub people the long way? What's childish about proclaiming yourself a genius if you really believe that.

**** Kanye for the minute, the real conversation should be why do people get so agitated by people who believe in themselves so much. why is bigging yourself up such a bad thing when we live in a world that THRIVES off tearing people down.

like all hated famous people, the hate is caused by the irrational fans

if kanye threw his baby fits and no one cared then there would be no hate

but people see this generation of lames supporting and defending a child's actions and blame kanye for being a bad influence 

Where was Jordan's baseball equivalent to selling out the Garden for a fashion show?

Is hard for people to fathom that someone can be good or passionate at more than one thing?

Passionate? Sure.

Good? Debatable.

As far as the Garden, he's got fans. Simple as that. Anyone would be foolish to think he couldn't sell out a big venue :lol: He's one of the biggest names in rap.

Also...if you've got to tell people you're a genius, how smart are you really? :lol:

Last edited:
like all hated famous people, the hate is caused by the irrational fans

if kanye threw his baby fits and no one cared then there would be no hate

but people see this generation of lames supporting and defending a child's actions and blame kanye for being a bad influence 

So your mad people are motivated by Kanye ? say what you want about his personality but his message has always been about following your dream and taking risk to obtain it... what about that is lame?

Now i do understand that their are people who go to extremes & are gonna say he's the greatest artist ever, the most influential person to ever walk the earth, etc etc. However that is far from the norm & either way why does it bother you that someone has those ideas? it makes an interesting thing to debate.. but at the end of the day what harm does someone believing heavily in someone else have on the world?

Kanye's worshippers are probably what makes me really dislike him

Everything is genius, misunderstood, ahead of it's time

May have been @illphillip or @StillIn729 who said it, but there are (at least to me) some parallels between what he's trying to do now and Michael Jordan's foray into baseball.

Passionate? Sure.

Good? Debatable.

As far as the Garden, he's got fans. Simple as that. Anyone would be foolish to think he couldn't sell out a big venue
laugh.gif
He's one of the biggest names in rap.

Also...if you've got to tell people you're a genius, how smart are you really?
laugh.gif
im sure jordan sold out most of his baseball games

people wanting to watch someone famous =/= it being good 

Passionate? Sure.

Good? Debatable.

As far as the Garden, he's got fans. Simple as that. Anyone would be foolish to think he couldn't sell out a big venue :lol: He's one of the biggest names in rap.

Also...if you've got to tell people you're a genius, how smart are you really? :lol:

either you write your story or you let other people write it for you... I don't know if people have realized this, but more and more people are becoming less and less inclined to create their own opinion. So if i'm in Kanye's shoes i throw those statements out there, because the reverse of that is the media throwing out descriptions of me.

And i'll just say the media has never been too fond of successful, loud mouthed black men.......

You have to admit, Kanye is a genius.

According to what standards?

Because he's good at making songs?

1. Inventor of sped up samples, reinvented the Hip Hop beat game.
2. Helped produce the album blueprint, one of the best Hip Hop albums of all times.
3. 21 Grammy awards and 50+ nominations.
4. Fashion icon, and visionary whether you like it or not.
5. Marketing and self promotion genius.

As much as y'all say he has worshippers his haters are just as if not more dedicated lol Look in this very thread. Same clowns over & over and for what? It's personal to you dudes that a black man has big ideas & wants to succeed. Dudes like Stillin are threatened which is why you see such passion for hating a man they've never ever met personally. Pathetic on so many levels.

Every Kanye thread has just as many, if not MORE dudes, complaining about people gargling his balls as there are actually people gargling his balls

Back
Top Bottom