Kanye West $53 Million in Debt ... "Mark Zuckerberg HELP !!

Bro i support Kanye West, so seeing him succeed on a major level after the majority of people wished failure on him, yea i'm going to celebrate it.

you dislike Kanye West, you seem to have a problem with me posting about Kanye west, Yet here you are EVERY TIME i post lined back up at the Frank stand... Go somewhere my G.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Never really rocked with much of the clothing (except for some of the shearlings) but irregardless that aesthetic has taken off over the years.

late yeezy nike/early adidas yeezy perhaps....i don't think anyone trying to look like Kanye now thou :lol:

clap for him thou...beat Jigga in Forbes cash kings.

Bro i support Kanye West, so seeing him succeed on a major level after the majority of people wished failure on him, yea i'm going to celebrate it.

you dislike Kanye West, you seem to have a problem with me posting about Kanye west, Yet here you are EVERY TIME i post lined back up at the Frank stand... Go somewhere my G.

But the optics of it make it look like you bumped a 2 year old thread to to say "told ya so" on some passive aggressive tip :lol:

But the optics of it make it look like you bumped a 2 year old thread to to say "told ya so" on some passive aggressive tip :lol:

Yea I don't care about the "optics tho" I was seeing revisionist history on my TL about how people "supported" Kanye's dive into fashion & it reminded me of this thread. Read through some of the back & forths about the topic & decided to bump because it's interesting to show public perception vs reality.

Kanye isn’t winning because he’s a genius, he’s winning because of his rapid fan base. Kanye is the new Michael Jackson. Kanye can be out here killing babies, and someone would be like, “He made College Dropout, tho”.

also I see yeezy's littered all over the hoods of NYC i can guarantee you that those kids aren't part of his "Rabid Fanbase" :lol: :lol:

also Kanye's "genius" comes in being able to keep the interest of not only his fanbase but the people who "hate him"

Never really rocked with much of the clothing (except for some of the shearlings) but irregardless that aesthetic has taken off over the years.

giphy.gif

also Kanye's "genius" comes in being able to keep the interest of not only his fanbase but the people who "hate him"

Does that mean folks like Donald Trump, Justin Beiber and the Kardashians are geniuses?

I think people just love the riches to rags stories as much as they do the rags to riches. They want to see him crash and burn. Calling him a genius because his "haters" check for him sounds like it's giving him too much credit. He's just cashing in on the TMZ culture TBH.

Last edited:
Does that mean folks like Donald Trump, Justin Beiber and the Kardashians are geniuses?

I think people are just interested because they love the rags to riches and riches to rags stories. They want to see him crash and burn. Calling him a genius because his "haters" check for him sounds like it's giving him too much credit. He's just cashing in on the TMZ culture TBH.

Yea Kim Kardashian, trump & Justin Bieber or the teams around them are absolutely marketing geniuses. Kim Literally doesn't have a talent and has turned her entire family into a Billion dollar corporation by simply playing off people's emotions.

Trump is....... Trump, has absolutely no credentials, no business being in the white house & yet he leveraged peoples emotion to give himself unlimited coverage and reach.

In terms of Kanye, I dont care how much someone likes or dislikes him, Musically he's cemented his place as a genius. He damn sure isn't the first famous person to sell sneakers/apparel, but he's definitely becoming one of the most successful to ever do it.

So it's safe to say he has some actual talent in sneaker design as well.

Yea Kim Kardashian, trump & Justin Bieber or the teams around them are absolutely marketing geniuses. Kim Literally doesn't have a talent and has turned her entire family into a Billion dollar corporation by simply playing off people's emotions.

Trump is....... Trump, has absolutely no credentials, no business being in the white house & yet he leveraged peoples emotion to give himself unlimited coverage and reach.

In terms of Kanye, I dont care how much someone likes or dislikes him, Musically he's cemented his place as a genius. He damn sure isn't the first famous person to sell sneakers/apparel, but he's definitely becoming one of the most successful to ever do it.

So it's safe to say he has some actual talent in sneaker design as well.

That's exactly my point. Music and fashion aside, it's not Kanye that's a genius for keeping his detractors interested. It's the unhealthy obsession people have with celebrities.

I've never questioned his talents when it comes to designing and producing, but let's not credit his "genius" with keeping his critics checking on his crazy-ometer.

Unless you were talking purely about his businesses (ie. critics still buying his clothes and what not), then N/M.

I think yeezys are coming to a complete end at some point in terms of hype. I mean how many colors is he gonna drop of that V2? That to me is the new Roshe run & we know how that turned out lol

Also Kanye hasn’t came out with a nice new silhouette in two years and dropped the 700s by $100 dollars.

That's exactly my point. Music and fashion aside, it's not Kanye that's a genius for keeping his detractors interested. It's the unhealthy obsession people have with celebrities.

I've never questioned his talents when it comes to designing and producing, but let's not credit his "genius" with keeping his critics checking on his crazy-ometer.

Unless you were talking purely about his businesses (ie. critics still buying his clothes and what not), then N/M.

That's where we have to disagree i do find it relatively genius that any Celebrity can continue to use people's emotions to promote & grow their brands, whether that's love or hate.

I think yeezys are coming to a complete end at some point in terms of hype. I mean how many colors is he gonna drop of that V2? That to me is the new Roshe run & we know how that turned out lol

Also Kanye hasn’t came out with a nice new silhouette in two years and dropped the 700s by $100 dollars.

He stated from the very beginning that this was what he wanted to do with the brand tho, There's very few brands that last simply based off of "Hype". Nike doesn't make the majority of their bread based off limited releases & hyped shoes.... they do it by creating classic silhouettes and continuously re releasing those.

Yeezy's have become more readily available ever since the inception of the company & as the supply grows the more value the company has assumed.

To me it's just him being rich and eccentric that keeps people checking for him in the tabloids. Charlie Sheen with a MAGA hat but without the cocaine. "What's he gonna do next to mess his life up?!"

To me it's just him being rich and eccentric that keeps people checking for him in the tabloids. Charlie Sheen with a MAGA hat but without the cocaine. "What's he gonna do next to mess his life up?!"

I agree that some people are watching for that reason (which says A LOT about them when they are constantly judging people's morals :lol: )

My thing is if i believe someone is just erratic and wilin out i just tune the hell out. what i've never got about Kanye is that people bash him for having his opinions & act like his words are having this detrimental effect on society.... it's literally just the opinion of one man, who some deem crazy..... but they then proceed to give what he says light, attention & discussion.

Instead of simply saying "this ****** crazy" and going about their business. I literally do that with every Trump tweet that passes my TL.

However i've literaly seen a woman cursing and throwing her middle finger up at Trump in public... because he was on a TV screen, If someone I consider someone a jackass there is no way they should have that much impact over my emotions.

make no sense... that's like sayin Ferraris aren't popular cuz their cars, they're popular cuz of da logo.

surely his "genius" contributed to da cultivation of his fan base...
It makes a lot more sense if you read the whole damn quote. Kanye could drop a shirt with a **** stain on it and some sap would try to rationalize it as “genius”. Fortunately for Kanye, it’s enough of those saps to keep him eating good.

It makes a lot more sense if you read the whole damn quote. Kanye could drop a shirt with a **** stain on it and some sap would try to rationalize it as “genius”. Fortunately for Kanye, it’s enough of those saps to keep him eating good.

i know what u said, but da point remains....you gotta cultivate a brand before people buy into it...

Back
Top Bottom