Kanye's best album is The College Dropout.. vol... I don't care if this thread has been made before

CD and LR are musically his best albums, these are facts.

I'm tired of people saying something wild and then going "oh, well, its just my opinion".

No, there are certain facts in music.

For instance, Eminem is a better lyricist than Gucci Mane.

You can't sit there and tell me "well, imo Gucci is the better lyricist", that **** will not fly w/ me.

You also can't sit there and tell me that MBDTF is musically as good as either CD or LR.

CuDi resonates w/ me more than any other artist, I'm not about to say he's a better artist than Jay Z, though.

the problem is the term better shouldn't be used in music.

the term should be "my favorite", because as much as you want something to be fact you'd have to prove it.

there is no way to prove the term "better" musically.

you can't prove anything you're saying to me and that's the issue.

we use the term better and that's why there's debate.

i also clearly agree Jay-Z is a better lyricist than Gucci Mane, but i can't prove that.

i can't. but that's not even what we're talking about here.

we're talking about two albums by the same artist.

there is no possible way you can prove LR and CD are better musically than MBDTF.

it's not possible. unless you wanna start changing the meaning of words.

also, Kanye West called MBDTF perfection in the BBC interview. the creator said to him it was perfection sounds like.

so yeah don't take his musical opinion seriously...i doubt he cares.

my point in all this is when we're talking about an album someone likes more, you have no right to say your

musical opinion is better than someone else's, especially since like i said before there are people who say they can't

take you seriously because you listen rap which they deem not even a real form of music.

if someone appreciates grandiose, big sounds then they will probably say MBDTF is better.

now if you tried to tell me why LR and CD are musically better you'd use nothing but subjective terms.

so you can walk around thinking you're right...but you're not. no one is. and that's a fact. i can prove that. :D

My opinion isn't greater than anyone's.

All I said is that I wont take your opinion on music seriously if you honestly believe that MBDTF is greater than CD or LR.

You're typing essays for no reason.

We don't need to prove that Jay is better than Gucci lyrically, because we just know it, its a fact.

There are facts in music, not everything is open to opinion.

NaS can't make a club record to save his life, fact.

You're my guy, though, NaSir.

Last edited by a moderator:
My opinion isn't greater than anyone's.

All I said is that I wont take your opinion on music seriously if you honestly believe that MBDTF is greater than CD or LR.

You're typing essays for no reason.

We don't need to prove that Jay is better than Gucci lyrically, because we just know it, its a fact.

There are facts in music, not everything is open to opinion.

You're my guy, though, NaSir.

facts have to be proven.

the end.

CD>LR (barely), then graduation = MBDTF and then 808s and yeezus is just so garbage it hurts. That's my order

I can't take your opinion on music seriously if you think MBDTF is 'Ye's best album.

Some of you need to smack your parents for giving you such an awful set of ears.

W/ that being said, CD and LR are his best pieces of work musically, its really not even close.

I can't take your opinion on music seriously if you don't think MBDTF is his best album. See how that works? **** out of here. "Awful set of ears" lmao okay dude.

Im still baffled at the fact that MBDTF is number one on some of your lists.

I feel like maybe I heard a different version or you dudes put together some of the mixtape tracks he released before on your version.

Devil in a New Dress is a masterpiece. I admit that but, some of the beats and his lyrics are just atrocious. Laughable to the point of parody.

He does this thing were he drops like one or two medium verses on a song, has a feature and then lets the instrumental/ band improvise for like 3 minutes and you cats eat it up as "musical" or  "pushing the boundaries of rap"

It seems like he's making up for lack of lyrical content. I mean its not like the songs are short. The n could at least drop another verse.

Aint They Shootin a club record?

Made You Look?

...i guess...

Most NaS fans know what I'm talking about, though.

I can't take your opinion on music seriously if you think MBDTF is 'Ye's best album.

Some of you need to smack your parents for giving you such an awful set of ears.

W/ that being said, CD and LR are his best pieces of work musically, its really not even close.

I can't take your opinion on music seriously if you don't think MBDTF is his best album. See how that works? **** out of here. "Awful set of ears" lmao okay dude.

You're upset for no reason.

The thing is, I don't really care how you take my opinion.

To me, you're nothing more than a name on a message board.

Last edited by a moderator:
CD and LR are musically his best albums, these are facts.

I'm tired of people saying something wild and then going "oh, well, its just my opinion".

No, there are certain facts in music.

For instance, Eminem is a better lyricist than Gucci Mane.

You can't sit there and tell me "well, imo Gucci is the better lyricist", that **** will not fly w/ me.

You also can't sit there and tell me that MBDTF is musically as good as either CD or LR.

CuDi resonates w/ me more than any other artist, I'm not about to say he's a better artist than Jay Z, though.

I don't think such facts can be determined on a level of music like Kanye's on. I mean there can be certain aspects were one or the other is better, but you would have to most acknowledged critique in the world in order to this set in stone. I think many would argue and these would mainly be music critiques, that whilst CD is amazing, MBDTF is better. I'm not saying it is, I'd prefer CD over it, but still, they're very close.

I'd say his best strictly speaking rap album is CD, but as an album and just all-in-all Yeezus is soo much more innovative, honest, dark, complex yet simple in so many ways.

"Ain't They Shootin" LOL
Wrote that on the way to bed
roll.gif

At the end of the day Nas can make club **** **** yo facts

I still want to see someone post lyrics from any of his other albums that are on par with Family business, Jesus Walks, Spaceship, and Through the Wire....

I'll seriously wait....

Then afterwards post something deeper than Roses, Heard em Say, Crack Music, Hey Mama, and Homecoming...

Cause I ain't heard anything since 2007 thats touching those songs. I don't know what ya'll been listening to.

And I **** with Kanye. top 5 artists EVER to me. I literally grew up on dudes music through high school. So its not like I'm out here trying to slander dude. I just know the quality of his lyrics have gone down and he's blinded people with better studio production, I guess....

NOTHING is touching Late Orchestration as far as production. The ***** had a live orchestra bruh. Drive slow with live instrumentation is his ******g masterpiece.

All this experimental bull **** he's putting out now is cool or whatever, but you can't tell me NOTHING....

I hope he drops all this nonsense and gets back to just pure music again man. No gimmicks, just more classic ****.

I still want to see someone post lyrics from any of his other albums that are on par with Family business, Jesus Walks, Spaceship, and Through the Wire....

I'll seriously wait....

Then afterwards post something deeper than Roses, Heard em Say, Crack Music, Hey Mama, and Homecoming...

Cause I ain't heard anything since 2007 thats touching those songs. I don't know what ya'll been listening to.

And I **** with Kanye. top 5 artists EVER to me. I literally grew up on dudes music through high school. So its not like I'm out here trying to slander dude. I just know the quality of his lyrics have gone down and he's blinded people with better studio production, I guess....

NOTHING is touching Late Orchestration as far as production. The ***** had a live orchestra bruh. Drive slow with live instrumentation is his ******g masterpiece.

All this experimental bull **** he's putting out now is cool or whatever, but you can't tell me NOTHING....

I hope he drops all this nonsense and gets back to just pure music again man. No gimmicks, just more classic ****.

ALL OF THIS!!!! I wish I could rep you more. This is what I been trying to tell folks. His production has been CARRYING him these last 2 albums. Content is no where near where it once was. And like you I'm actually a fan. I still get choked up sometimes from joints off of the first 3 albums. First 2 albums had so much truth and that's probably why critics went nuts over MBDTF.

I mean when you have consequence writing for you, the lyrics come off a little cleaner in the dropout era. 

Imo Graduation is his nicest album, Can't tell me nothing never gets old to me. That production on that album is bananas-flashing lights, stronger, . The intro is underrated as far as hip hop albums go  too.

I will say this though, lyrically nothing will ever top Never Let Me Down- "at the tender age of 6 she was arrested for the sit-ins, with that in my blood, I was born to be different." That's lyrics you can feel.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom