KD V Vol. Early Pics?

I thought the Kd IV was going to be a transitional shoe for the KD line and then the KD V just goes back to that basic BS design. if i was Kd i would be >:....these are terrible

Nike are almost at the crossroads - not quite there yet - with KD and Kobe. Thats 2 years now KD has gone deeper into the playoffs than the Mamba. Its only to be expected that once Kobe starts to fade further (and i'm hoping thats not anytime soon) KD will pick up the mantle and be the 'other' big name alongside Lebron. So Nike will have to position the KD shoe closer to the performance end of the market so that when that moment comes they're not jumping from a $90 shoe or whatever to a $180+ shoe as it will be then. So expect 'additional performance features' + extra cost year on year for the forseeable........

Just my opinion.........oh and the IVs sales numbers this year will probably accelerate that process too!

Did KD's sell well or were most of the colorways limited?

Did KD's sell well or were most of the colorways limited?
Depends on what you mean by sell well. Did Nike sell enough units to stores or did the public gravitate over the shoe. Overall, the shoe wasn't ordered in bulk by stores as they did with previous models. They didn't want to risk the shoe sitting and losing money like they were doing in previous years.

Last edited:
the only good thing I can say is at least they got rid of the strap . . . but it just looks like a plain Jane Nike Team sneaker (nothing distinct about it says this is KD shoe), probably see a lot of these in different colorways for NCAA.

In the pics of him wearing them they actually look pretty good. The preview photos up top don't do them justice.

They show KD no love. I'll try em on and see how they feel. the colors arent very good. maybe nikeID will offer something creative

It looks like a great hoopin shoe, and that's all that should matter. Really intrigued to hoop in them

I'm loving how the KD V's look! I can't wait to see more limited/special edition colorways and for $105 you can't beat that! So I don't know/care about anyone else, but I know I'm going to at least be doing 4 pairs of KD V's! :nthat:

KD5's are fire

I like this c/w and a few others

Last edited:
I love this design, probably because (as most of you lament) they look similar to Hyperdunks.

Based off the replies in this thread, hopefully us KD fans/collectors can go back to the good ol' days of the 1s, 2s, and 3s and not have to contend with thousands of hypebeasts trying to scoop some limited stuff. But we know that's wishful thinking, as come October/November they're going to drop some bright, limited colorway and we'll have the 4 mayhem all over again.

These look like they have airmax in the heel, but somewhere I read that it was visible zoom like the Bron Xs, any confirmation on the cushioning set up?

Back
Top Bottom