KD V Vol. Early Pics?

I hope that price isn't true.

I had a lot of respect for KD about the under $100 thing.

Originally Posted by amf2001

To me, since it is just a cartoon, I am not expecting it to be any sort of representation of the next shoe.

This. Exactly this
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jaketreist

why do you assume that durants contract that states that his shoe has to be under $100 is over? he signed a 7 year deal with nike when he signed his endorsement why would the $100 clause 5 years into his deal?

There are probably details that we don't know about in his contract. IMO as his career is now reaching a new level and with all the limited CWs he's released, his signature line will draw much more attention and create an even bigger demand. Which in the end will result in a higher price tag. Be glad it will only be $109.99

Originally Posted by Weather

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

when you say V > IV though, did you really like the IV? 

regardless, your post makes me
eek.gif
excited

I loved the IV. But that shoe kinda hit everyone by surprise. The III, to me, was vastly underwhelming, and the IV at first just seemed like the III with a strap, but the profile and the colorways really made the shoe a surprise hit. With that said, expectations are higher (not high, but higher) for the V, and I personally think the V > IV.

There isn't anything in KD's contract about his signature shoe being sub-$100. The aim was 'low pricepoint', and now that KD's proven himself as a marketable guy and proven winner, Nike's ready to invest in him...which, for some, might not be the best news. Of course we all want cheaper shoes, but it would be a crime to limit the potential of the KD line. The jump in price from IV to V addressed the limitations and the V certainly has some cool features to it. The Max Air unit is just ONE of the dope features of the shoe.

Originally Posted by SOURorbetter

Originally Posted by amf2001

To me, since it is just a cartoon, I am not expecting it to be any sort of representation of the next shoe.

This. Exactly this
laugh.gif
I agree 100% with this.. can't even make any comparisons to a cartoon to what the new kds will look like.

if it is true that there is a air max unit in the heel I will be upset (from a performance standpoint).... the reason being.... KD does not play on his heels... he barely has a true heel to toe transition running up and down the court... so putting a air max unit is kinda pointless to me... I HOPE since their putting a max unit in the heel of the shoe that they keep the zoom unit in the forefoot... if not this is gonna b like so watered down Nike basketball shoe that they sell in outlets.... but knowing L.C. he is doing this for a reason

Nike are almost at the crossroads - not quite there yet - with KD and Kobe. Thats 2 years now KD has gone deeper into the playoffs than the Mamba. Its only to be expected that once Kobe starts to fade further (and i'm hoping thats not anytime soon) KD will pick up the mantle and be the 'other' big name alongside Lebron. So Nike will have to position the KD shoe closer to the performance end of the market so that when that moment comes they're not jumping from a $90 shoe or whatever to a $180+ shoe as it will be then. So expect 'additional performance features' + extra cost year on year for the forseeable........

Just my opinion.........oh and the IVs sales numbers this year will probably accelerate that process too!

Originally Posted by SchmooSmasha45

Nike are almost at the crossroads - not quite there yet - with KD and Kobe. Thats 2 years now KD has gone deeper into the playoffs than the Mamba. Its only to be expected that once Kobe starts to fade further (and i'm hoping thats not anytime soon) KD will pick up the mantle and be the 'other' big name alongside Lebron. So Nike will have to position the KD shoe closer to the performance end of the market so that when that moment comes they're not jumping from a $90 shoe or whatever to a $180+ shoe as it will be then. So expect 'additional performance features' + extra cost year on year for the forseeable........

Just my opinion.........oh and the IVs sales numbers this year will probably accelerate that process too!
A whole lotta truth in this post right here.

awww man 109 thats like 120 after tax, i was hoping it would stay low. i loved the IV model tbh, lightweight with that cool strap! hopefully the 5 isnt a flop like the kobe 7 was lol

Originally Posted by SchmooSmasha45

Nike promised KD that his shoes would always be affordably priced so all kids/players have a chance to grab them.  It was one of the reasons he chose them over adidas.  This is due to KD not having an inflated ego and recalling that he was often unable to afford the best hoops shoes when he was a kid.

The shoes don't have to be sub-$100 like they have been thus far, but they will never reach Kobe-like MSRP (unless they're a special edition version of course).

You can take that to the bank.

^Thanks!

Disappointed to say the least. The great thing about Durant's were that they had a different look, something that gave it a signature feel. These look too much like something that came out of the hyperdunk mold.

As i said on twitter, reminds me of the OG Hyperfuse, which i loved.

Some may see it as a step down in the design, but personally, I like the clean simple look on this one...i love the look of the 4s, but this is different in its own way.

Waiting to see what they do with coloways.

Back
Top Bottom