Keith Olbermann Get Emotional After Prop. 8 Vol. I'm Speechless.

Originally Posted by KwestMajik

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Hmmm not only wont this end well but it'll go at least 8 pages.

laugh.gif
What's the lotto numbers?

Seriously though. Marriage is religious why is this going on?

eek.gif
I just peeped it went 8. The numbers 11-28-34-9.

Originally Posted by TkTheGirl

The no to prop 8 campaign failed miserably trying to reach out to any community they weren't comfortable near. As I stated before the California Gay community shown was mostly white and asian I don't see how they would even think that the black and hispanic community would see this as their problem.
The latino and asian votes on prop 8 were relatively the same. Most asians in California come from countries where non traditional marriages arepretty much out of the question so i really doubt what your saying is true. So with those things said its hard to accept your irrelevant personal stories ofyour bisexual friends to hold any ounce of truth .

The christian groups made it a point to spread their belief to the increasing minority population in California ( Asians, Latinos, and African Americans). Thegay movement obviously would not be able to afford the same amount of ads and rally's to spread awareness.

Obviously the biggest divider here was religion and that's a hard thing to sway. Awareness is not enough to change someones mind about religion.

Originally Posted by LuckyP25

Originally Posted by TkTheGirl

The no to prop 8 campaign failed miserably trying to reach out to any community they weren't comfortable near. As I stated before the California Gay community shown was mostly white and asian I don't see how they would even think that the black and hispanic community would see this as their problem.
The latino and asian votes on prop 8 were relatively the same. Most asians in California come from countries where non traditional marriages are pretty much out of the question so i really doubt what your saying is true. So with those things said its hard to accept your irrelevant personal stories of your bisexual friends to hold any ounce of truth .

The christian groups made it a point to spread their belief to the increasing minority population in California ( Asians, Latinos, and African Americans). The gay movement obviously would not be able to afford the same amount of ads and rally's to spread awareness.

Obviously the biggest divider here was religion and that's a hard thing to sway. Awareness is not enough to change someones mind about religion.

Clearly you and I are looking at the "No to 8" campaign in a different light and I don't make up lies so if you plan on debating or having arational conversation with me don't address my personal experiences as irrelevant for they help me form my opinion like many others in this thread havedone if you can't do that simple task then don't address me at all, expect me to take your opinion into consideration, or with an ounce of importance.The people who voted yes weren't all religious and the people who voted no weren't all non-religious. Not only is proper awareness enough to get peoplelook past their religion, but its enough to get those to do so by finding a common ground or different point of view of the subject.

laugh.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif
you got 11 and 9 right.
I'm scared
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif
you got 11 and 9 right.
I'm scared
indifferent.gif
ohwell.gif
I tried.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Olbermann's right.

That's why they should fight against marriage as a state sanctioned institution and the move towards state recognized civil unions for all. That way the religious folks get to keep what they believe is theirs.

It's akin to kids fighting over some toy and not willing to share it. What's the best way to solve that problem? Just take the toy away. No one gets to have it. Problem solved.
laugh.gif

QFT

I thought I was alone.

I have been trying to say this from jump.
pimp.gif

Marriage is a religious term.

Take away state sanctioned marriage = Separation of state & religion

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by BasirWaahid

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The hypocrisy of black people voting for this ban.......[/color]
mad.gif
Gay people wanting to be married is the same as Jim crow laws??? Get the hell out here with that mess. . .
eyes.gif
. That's what I hate about most about the Gay Community, your struggle of being accepted for your sexual preference is no way near the struggle of ME just being accepted. . PERIOD!!!!!!! Stop comparing your struggle to those of black community because you're movement is far from it. And I disagree with everything Oberman said.
They are fighting for the right to be treated EQUALLY, fool. That was the basic premise of the civil rights movement. Black people weren't treated the same as whites and they wanted EQUALITY. Please explain to me how gay people fighting for the right to have equal beneifts, is different from black people fighting for the rights to have equal benefits.

Discrimination against gay people=not being recognized as being married, looked down upon. Not equal to that of blacks by any stretch, but still an issue. Idon't see why people see the need to say "blacks had it so much worse than gay people", everyone knows that and agrees to it. Its a fact.However, inequality facing homosexuals is a similar THEMATIC issue, not on the same magnitude as African Americans. Regardless of any of that, why are blackpeople here getting so angry? No one is insulting you in the slightest. The civil rights movement is an amazing example of how dedication can lead to change,and open minds. Now open your minds and realize that preventing gay marriage is wrong, and that by acknowledging that you aren't demeaning yourself or thestruggles of your ancestors in any way.

Originally Posted by jpap348

Keith dropping knowledge and educating the masses
pimp.gif

keith speaks the truth and nothing but the truth i like watching countdown with keith olberman when i get a chance to

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by BasirWaahid

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The hypocrisy of black people voting for this ban.......[/color]
mad.gif
Gay people wanting to be married is the same as Jim crow laws??? Get the hell out here with that mess. . .
eyes.gif
. That's what I hate about most about the Gay Community, your struggle of being accepted for your sexual preference is no way near the struggle of ME just being accepted. . PERIOD!!!!!!! Stop comparing your struggle to those of black community because you're movement is far from it. And I disagree with everything Oberman said.
They are fighting for the right to be treated EQUALLY, fool. That was the basic premise of the civil rights movement. Black people weren't treated the same as whites and they wanted EQUALITY. Please explain to me how gay people fighting for the right to have equal beneifts, is different from black people fighting for the rights to have equal benefits.
because black people are born black, and gay people are not born gay they make that choice.

People who are truly gay and aren't just doing it for weird personal reasons(like teen girls for example thinking its cool), are born that way. Pleasestraight people stop saying they know that gay people aren't born gay. It's getting really old. That's all.

Back
Top Bottom