KENDRICK LAMAR: "GOOD KID M.A.A.D CITY"

Really good vid :pimp: Wasn't what I was expecting based on the song, but maybe it's exactly what I should've expected. Guess I thought it would be a generic femaled-oriented song with the usual.

Same way i feel...

I skip a few other joints too.
I didn't dislike the video but I agree that "Poetic Justice" feels a little out of place on the album. I get the purpose of it, but, for me, the Drake feature ruins it. In some ways he's perfect for it, in that the song's subject matter is right up his ally, but I feel like what makes the album is that it's Kendrick's narrative - it's focused on his experiences and what he's observed about others. The Drake feature kills that. For similar reasons, sometimes the Jay Rock feature trips me up; however, I think it is much less out of place since Jay Rock comes from the gang culture that Kendrick finds himself thrust into in the narrative. I think Poetic Justice should have been thrown at the end as a bonus cut like "Now or Never" rather than taking the place where it does in the album.

I hope he keeps the videos coming, because there's a real storyline that he can go off of here.

I hope he keeps the videos coming, because there's a real storyline that he can go off of here.
SON I need a vid for m.a.a.d. city
mean.gif

That 1st half
mean.gif
sick.gif

So what I gather is that Sherane is a roller. K dot drake and the shooter are all in love with her though. Drake calling her trying to find out where she is even though he cheating. K dot (not knowing she a roller) and her with the minor PDA and the shooter sees it so he guns k dot down and she gets hit because the bullets go through.

I spotted dom yg and jay rock

I thought the video was dope. I like well put together la videos

this should be in the description of the video. :nthat:

You lucky SOB good ish tho ya bish! 
pimp.gif

:D All other tickets for the public (non-student) we're only $30. Another perk of going to a large school. The surrounding community can see that show for dirt cheap.

Last edited:
wow just got back from the 6pm show...........:smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin did some joints off O.D., section 80 and GKMC :x :x

I knew he was gonna bring at asap for the 930 show but wow 50 was surprising.......im kinda pissed i slept on the 930 tickets when they released

didn't get to see him while he was in ny, i'm thinking about making that trip to penn state though to see him

Running on two hours of sleep because I came from Roseland last night!

My bff and I had tickets for the 9:30 show, got to the city for around 8pm and the line wrapped AROUND the perimeter of the block. We were pretty much last on line until I remembered that my best friend's girlfriend was also going to see the show. She was in the front, so we wound up meeting up. We didn't actually make it INSIDE the venue until around 10:30pm or so.

Rosenberg from Hot97 was there, he did a pretty dope listening session, but my gripe w/ this is that they always wind up overstaying their welcome and then the 'hype' that was once there just becomes intense boredom. He spinned for over an hour, so Kendrick didn't actually come out until close to 11:30.

But when he came out, he CAME OUT!!! The intro to Arts of Peer Pressure played, and then he came out to Westside, Right on Time. He did a bunch of songs from Section.80, OD, and GKMC. He did P&P1.5 which I was super hyped about because it's one of my favorite songs off that tape. All of TDE was there... He brought out AbSoul, Jay Rock did his epic verse on Money Trees, Schoolboy Q came out.. And in the beginning A$AP Rocky came out and did a verse w/ him. 50 suprised him which was pretty dope until 50 decided to bring out his boxers that he's trying to promote. Lol.

The show didn't end until 1:30am, but it was SO SO SO good. Kendrick brought the house down, and it was really dope. I took a bunch of videos that I'll try to upload today, but here are two pix I took in the meantime. If there were 'rows', I was in the fourth.

Last edited:
Went to the 9:30 show last night... Too live :pimp: :pimp:

Soul, Q, & Jay Rock all came out & represented. Rocky & 50 came out as well :wow:

He ran through OD, Section.80, & of course, GKMC... m.A.A.d city live :wow: :x :x :x

Back
Top Bottom