Kendrick Lamar IS The GREATEST Rapper Of All Time (Vol. Hear Me Out. LOOOONG read)

Lyrically Kendrick is ill but I want him to go back to the GKMC type flow, where there really is no set
Flow. Not this strategically laid out flows he's been doing on beats. Just do that rap ish and keep it moving. Too much on the flow imo

Pray for lamekilla lamekilla

Idk what's going on with shorty....but his musical hot takes are in a confused place as of late :lol: :smh:

However, his take on Drake making you think and rethink how you feel about him as an artist is spot on. One minute, I'm like: "get this clown *** ***** off the radio". Next minute: damn, Drake in his bag on this one :smh: :lol:.

I can never put Drake in the "rapper" category because he doesn't write his own ***. Dude makes good music, and I appreciate him being unconventional as of late though.

Versatility also pertains to substance and drake has very little of that. Y'all don't wanna admit it but the guy is crying in 85 percent of his music whether rapping or singing. It's always his emotions never stories or straight facts. He's improving a little lately finally getting some real confidence but at the end of the day he's crying and that why women and light skinned folks love him

Yea, no point in continuing this conversation :lol:

Was that an accurate analogy or what?

Kendrick is the better rapper but sometimes his flow is trash

His flow varies. Sometimes he murders a beat, some time he has that weird autistic flow

So basically drake is more entertaining to u, cool. He's the entertainer, actor, rapper, singer, struggle dancer etc. His delivery being "better" doesn't make him a better rapper. U keep bringing up different situations and different songs to go with your surroundings but the fact remains u said nothing supporting that he's a better RAPPER than Kendrick. U like the versatility, got that. U can be crying about yo ex to marvins room, then holding hands with the homies rapping no new friends or even trynna tell a stripper shes better than this to practice, u like the different moods etc. Besides the delivery nothing your saying is proving how he RAPS better. I don't think anyone is arguing that he's the better ARTIST. Hell if we going off delivery, Wayne, ross>Kendrick also.

If Drake can rap about any subject and Kendrick doesn't, how is Kendrick the better rapper? The thing no one wants to admit is that Kendrick only gets the edge because of content. I stated earlier that our culture loves to build up self conscious rappers but we don't put them on a pedestal, which defeats the purpose if they're giving us worthy content and we're not allowing the message to be at the forefront of our culture. Kendrick is the better rapper right? We dictate the direction of our culture and essentially what's hot in the streets when little hunter and becky open up there ears to hip hop right? Then why is Drake the bigger name right now?

You in the sunken place lamekilla lamekilla ?

:lol: funny you mentioned that. I didn't like Get Out and the reasoning is somewhat similar to the Kendrick vs. Drake convo we're having currently. Everybody wants to be "woke". Everybody wants to act like they're up on the message when they're not. This is what happened with Get Out where I feel like a whole bunch of **** got thrown on a wall and people became fake deep and picked up **** that was barely implied or wasn't even there all because of the social climate and to essentially be in on the water cooler talk amongst their peers and social media. I feel the same way when people talk about Kendrick and how he's the better rapper. Not necessarily here on NT because this is the music section/graveyard. Everyone on this side of the forum I'm certain has a better grasp on music and it's climate today than most everyday people. People have "crowned" Kendrick because the next person did and they did that because the next person did. Combine that with even surface level info on his content and people are ready to deem him the better rapper. Half these people can't assess lyrics. But it's not their fault, lyrical rap is a lost art form. Kendrick being a rapper who's talent is focused on lyricism in this day and age is like showing cavemen fire for the first time. Everybody is "ooing and awwing". Drake not only is showing cavemen fire, he's showing them the wheel, showing how to carve weapons and all that. We're essentially taking Drake for granted because we haven't had someone who focuses souly on lyricism in so long.

36a.gif

:rofl:

:lol: I don't even know what this mean.

Due to Drake having a team of writers he's not even in that Kendrick/J Cole group. Drake is a more talented Diddy, the male Rihanna. Even before Drake got exposed Kendrick always been a better rapper than him. Drake can't touch GKMC as far as rapping, lyrics and flows.

So you don't think Drake has written any of his songs? When in hip hop has anyone legitimately had a ghostwriter, been called out on it and then becomes a bigger star? His credibility never even shook where other artists never can live the label of having a ghostwriter down. Also for someone with a ghostwriter, a reputation for being soft and being the biggest star in the world, someone who's thoroughly emebed in hip hop culture and who raps has to be annoyed by that and ready to humble him. Who's out here calling Drake out by name? Why the need for subliminal shots from people if Drake is not only deemed as soft but has a ghostwriter? Most ****** don't want it with Drake.

Will u drunk?

I'm lowkey bringing $tacy $tacy around. He's knows the mixtape era heavy and because of that he knows Old Wayne and by default old Drake :nerd:

Lyrically Kendrick is ill but I want him to go back to the GKMC type flow, where there really is no set
Flow. Not this strategically laid out flows he's been doing on beats. Just do that rap ish and keep it moving. Too much on the flow imo

GKMC > TPAB

Which is why I mentioned earlier that the Grammys were essentially telling Kendrick "sorry you got snubbed by our agenda, but you can be part of it now!" after GKMC lost every category to Macklemore's trash album.

Pray for lamekilla lamekilla

Idk what's going on with shorty....but his musical hot takes are in a confused place as of late :lol: :smh:

However, his take on Drake making you think and rethink how you feel about him as an artist is spot on. One minute, I'm like: "get this clown *** ***** off the radio". Next minute: damn, Drake in his bag on this one :smh: :lol:.

I can never put Drake in the "rapper" category because he doesn't write his own ***. Dude makes good music, and I appreciate him being unconventional as of late though.

Which makes me side with Drake as a rapper. His versatility is damn near unmatched. Kendrick can rap about the black community and it's plights better than Drake, but that's about it. Drake has written raps and has had raps written for him. I don't deduct points for the simple fact that if a ***** is writing for Drake and can't get famous off the **** he's writing even though drake is reaping the benefits, then there's something more to it then just making words, rhyme and unique word play. That extra something to me is what separates Kendrick and Drake.

Last edited:
Drake can get on a song and fart and they gonna make a big deal of it. "Omg 8pm and constipated is so [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]" him being hotter has nothing to do with him rapping better. He can rap about anything but that doesn't mean it's all good, quality> when we talking about the best. For example, jumpman and both were trash ads verses but hey he rapping about other **** right. Then the big amounts verse u like damn he was straight on there. Kendrick drop a track the first thing people gonna do is sit back and listen and try to analyze every lyric, drake drop a song they take it in as a song first then and dance to it and care about what he's saying later. They want a catchy hook but Kendrick don't bring it lyrically people dismiss it. U know why because he's the better rapper and drake and co are the superior "song makers".

I'm just jumping in the middle of this conversation here, but are y'all genuinely comparing Drake and Kendrick as rappers?

Not to mention that lyrically Drake hasn't improved much, if at all, over the last 8 years. He raps about the most generic **** possible and it's really just surface level relatability.

Very few of his recent songs top his old ones. Rehash of the same old ****.

:lol: This is like if we called NBA players shooters. Curry could be regarded as the best shooter because he is the best at shooting the ball. While Leonard could be regarded as the best shooter because of his overall game. Drake is the better rap artist, Kendrick is the better rap lyricist. Although I wouldn't be mad at anyone saying Kendrick is the better rap artist.

:lol: I don't even know what this mean.

Due to Drake having a team of writers he's not even in that Kendrick/J Cole group. Drake is a more talented Diddy, the male Rihanna. Even before Drake got exposed Kendrick always been a better rapper than him. Drake can't touch GKMC as far as rapping, lyrics and flows.

So you don't think Drake has written any of his songs? When in hip hop has anyone legitimately had a ghostwriter, been called out on it and then becomes a bigger star? His credibility never even shook where other artists never can live the label of having a ghostwriter down. Also for someone with a ghostwriter, a reputation for being soft and being the biggest star in the world, someone who's thoroughly emebed in hip hop culture and who raps has to be annoyed by that and ready to humble him. Who's out here calling Drake out by name? Why the need for subliminal shots from people if Drake is not only deemed as soft but has a ghostwriter? Most ****** don't want it with Drake.

1. Never said he don't write ANY of his lyircs. I said he has a team of writers, that's just a fact.

2. This is a different era hip hop where a lot of don't care about lyrics

3. Once again, Kendrick said his name on Control.

4. I wasn't even gonna touch the soft stuff but he has been pissed on and slapped by Diddy.

5. If Drake is everything you say why does he throw out subliminals too?

Last edited:
Ahhhh so Drake just need to throw in some psuedo faux deep commentary about Trump and the black struggle in his raps

Last edited:
Ahhhh so Drake just need to throw in some psuedo faux deep commentary about Trump and the black struggle in his raps
Or should Kendrick get a team of writers and go team up with whoever the hottest new dude's out. Kdot+kodak tape coming soon [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]. Srs these ****** are 2 different types of artist. Kendrick is a rapper/hip hoppy type and drake is artist/pop rapper. We gonna compare j Cole and future next?

Who said this? Ns just don't want songs about ex's and generic songs about haters bro. It's been corny, but now the music is starting to suffer.

Y'all love calling Kendrick "fake deep" because he actually talks about **** :lol:

They just totally different.

Drake is full pop and radio friendly rapper that sings/raps about ex's and his friends.

Kendrick is full hip hop who raps growing up in Compton around bloods and crips and black issues.

Last edited:
How? 

Quote me a verse.

Everything he says is true.

all Nas need is one mic / all I need is one stove
homie got a nice flow / but Gucci got that white coke
you ain't got the right dope / you knocking on the wrong door
last ***** that tried me / lets just call him John Doe

Red bezel on my Jacob looking like a sliced tomato/
**** a hater I blow acres of Jamaica in decatur/
I’m so extraordinary while my bracelet so canary/
Choppers that my ******
carry probably scare the military/
Half your budget spent on luggage, spent your mortgage on a portrait/
Purple bud look like an orchid, can't afford it? watch me torch it

Guwop

Last edited:
Drakes a top notch entertainer and Kendrick not as much. Mac Miller and ab soul are probably better lyricists than drake but drake can make hit song after hit song, which is a ridiculous thing to be able to do.

If y'all arguing lyricism than Kendricks obviously better imo. Drakes more nelly type rap than Nas and Jay Z

Gucci's verse in "Work"....lyrical brilliance. Aunt Andre's upon Aunt Andre's

[Verse 2: Gucci Mane]
They say crime don't pay, well, if crime don't pay
Then I'm lying, I'm flying and the sun ain't shine
They say it all the time, It'll come in due time
I ain't got no time, Imma rob for mine
Don't ask how, I'm a cash cow
Can't wait then because I need it now
Say I'm insane cause my pistol hang
I'm at the shooting range like I'm Jesse James
Got great aim, yeah, I'm accurate
I'm a pimp n_a, I can mac a bish

For reference:

And I can't turn water to wine, bish
But I can turn half a brick to a whole brick
That 2Pac, that old sht
Fill a n_a *** with holes quick
Use a n_a head for a trophy
Then dump a n_a body in the ocean
Finger a bish with my trigger finger
Same finger that I roll a blunt with

How the fkc you a Hitman
And I paid you and you ain't hit sht?
Not Byrd Gang but it's Bricksquad
But I make a n_a whole set dip quick
Got a new Mac with a cooler on it
Hope you folks got insurance on it

Last edited:
Everything he says is true.

Guwop
You can't be me, not in your wildest fantasy

It's childish; should I have to resort to violence?

Pay me a half a million, I'll consult your album

And show you how to stay off my ****

That's the thing I hate the most, can't even call you a man

When you gotta call out my name to get you some fans

No talent, you need direction; you a ***** with a yeast infection

You unlucky, I'm your ****** C-section

Plus I'm the last real ***** alive

Toast glass, Ill Will, the label get high

Realize, how many classics I gave you

Perhaps if you think back you'll realize that I made you

Just ******* with you, everybody has their own taste of who's the best. 

Actually since Gucci's release he's opened my eyes more than a little. 

Back
Top Bottom